I am also wanting to go classical.I play acoustic and own several.Completely self tought and not very good I might ad.I really love some of the spanish pieces also.I spoke with a instructor today about taking lessons because I know nothing about guitar theory.I recently picked up a 1977 ibanez electric that I just cant get in to.You think I might be able to trade it for a decent classical guitar to learn on?What would it be worth if I try to do a trade?Would I do better to sale it and then purchase a classical.I love all my acoustics but I just cant see keeping the electric if I dont enjoy playing it.Thanks for any replies in advance.
Depending upon the condition, model, and year of your Ibanez electric, you should be able to trade it in on an acoustic, but your best bet, might be at an authorized Ibanez dealer. They have good reasons for giving you a good trade in deal. As to what to buy, don't give up on Ibanez, they have some great, affordable classical guitars, and some wonderful acoustic-electric classical guitars. I bought one, and have been well satisfied with it, right from the start. Take a look in your local yellow pages, or on line, for an Ibanez dealer...they should probably list Ibanez in their phone book ad.

Good luck!
Joey45
Quote by MUSTBRUSH
I recently picked up a 1977 ibanez electric that I just cant get in to.You think I might be able to trade it for a decent classical guitar to learn on?What would it be worth if I try to do a trade?Would I do better to sale it and then purchase a classical

In my experience, you ALWAYS get more for your guitar if you sell it outright than using it as a trade-in. Think about it. The guitar store is going to give you considerably less than what they think someone will pay for the guitar so that they can make a profit on it. Why sell the guitar to them for say $200 so they can turn around and sell it for $300 when you could just sell it yourself for $300? It requires a little more effort to sell the guitar yourself, but I think it's typically well worth the effort.