God dammit! AC30's are now $1100 at GC too! I'm screwed because now I can't afford a new one and my parents are opposed to me buying used because they're worried it'll break down and/or spontaneously combust JUST because someone else owned it.

So know I have no idea what the fuck I'm going to do.

I love Slash tone so I could grab a used JCM800 combo on ebay. Those are discontinued so they'd have no choice but to let me buy it.

What do I do UG?
Ben
wait it out?

Why are Ac's more expensive? Is it because the US dollar is **** and vox is british?

Because tell ya what, ****ing peavey prices haven't dropped yet in australia, or marshalls
I don't know! They just decided to raise the prices on them like 1 month before I'm gonna get one! And this is on almost all music sites, zzounds, music123, MF, GC, etc.
Ben
personally speaking, I wouldn't settle you know, if you have to save up more and wait it out to get them, then do it.

If the falling US dollar is the reason, then even if it becomes strong again, the AD30 will still most likely remain the same price, because these companies are ****ers..

They'll raise it, never lower it. So just save up and eventually get it is my suggestion
Maybe the CC1? That's discontinued and should be pretty low priced used...
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Yeah I would go for a CC1 but my parents are so damn anal about going used. It's my money and I accept responsibility if it dies, and they still won't let me get it even if I pay through paypal.
Ben
If your parents were on board with getting you the AC30 in the first place, drag their asses down to GC and get them haggling. "Last week this amp was $1000, and I was looking to bargain down from there," would be a good place to open negotiations. I guarantee you can still get one under $1000, but definitely the sooner the better. Don't want them getting to comfortable with the new price.

Good luck.

Oh, and let me know if you want me to talk some sense into your parents. I'm amazingly happy with my $450 AC30. Much happier than I'd be with the $1000 variety.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
yeah, the price raise is hella annoying. just save up the extra $100 (or is it $200?!) and you'll thank yourself for the time you spent.

edit: ... or haggling sounds nice too
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by slatsmania
If your parents were on board with getting you the AC30 in the first place, drag their asses down to GC and get them haggling. "Last week this amp was $1000, and I was looking to bargain down from there," would be a good place to open negotiations. I guarantee you can still get one under $1000, but definitely the sooner the better. Don't want them getting to comfortable with the new price.

Good luck.

Oh, and let me know if you want me to talk some sense into your parents. I'm amazingly happy with my $450 AC30. Much happier than I'd be with the $1000 variety.

Will do...

Okay, so Christmas is when I get the money. the price raise may actually HELP me because now I can use it as an excuse to get used. I can say "Well, I really want this amp, but they raised the prices so I might have to go used...

And Jon, I wouldn't buy it new without haggling...
Ben
keep checking the online sites, in the B stock and outlet sections.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011

good luck man!
i wish i could get mine for christmas...

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Are your parents paying?

If they aren't then they really don't have any say over what you buy. If they so feel so against it. Tell them to pay the difference.

If they are paying... quit complaining you're getting something for free.
-Roy

My Gear
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Stratocaster
Washburn Lyon (LCT24)
Silvertone Revolver Bass
Ibanez IJV50 Acoustic
Fender CD160E-12
Guild Starfire IV
Some cruddy classical that my parents bought off ebay for like 40 bucks.
Weren't they 999 before?

Why is a $100 difference ruining the whole deal?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Yep! Marshall came out with an ad that said they were raising the prices by 10% across the board due to the weak currency situation against the British Pound. I think 10% is kind of steep all at once. That Controller/CFO at that company must be one heck of a salesman to get that one passed.

Now an MG will be almost $200 (15W) and that's, well...um....not wise. No wonder the marketing folks at Marshall stuck an artists name on them now lol. Yea, I'm that gullable.

Chris
Last edited by RCShadow at Nov 7, 2007,
Maybe this means American gear will become cheaper over here....

No, it doesn't, it means more profit for the guitar shops.
I agree w/ slats. If you can get down there soon, they may still have one or two AC30s in stock that they already got before the price increase. You'll have more chance of getting a better deal on those.
The best way is used, though. Let slats talk some sense into your folks. I just saw an AC30 on ebay for $770 US from a reputable seller, & another one from someone w/ only one feedback ., so they're out there. You could get a lot of other cool stuff w/ the money you'd save. Also, the savings on sales tax would more than pay for shipping & insurance.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011