extremely low budget
hard rock style of music
prolly nothing over 750
anyone know anything i can find
or where i can find something like this
Theres tons of stuff. Used Marshall JCM combos, used Peavey 5150/6505 combos, used Peavey Valveking halfstacks...etc.

Check craigslist man!
i found a used 5150 combo near where i live for 600$. i'd probably retolex it though..heh.

yeh the peavey 5150/6505 stuff are awsome in my opinion.
Fender American Telecaster (60th Anniversary)
Egnater Rebel 30 Head/Cab
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
Look at the Peavey XXX.

And if you can find one, a carvinV3/ legacy.

Legacys can be had pretty cheap and you can boost it with an overdrive.
Quote by gunther_sucks
Look at the Peavey XXX.

And if you can find one, a carvinV3/ legacy.

Legacys can be had pretty cheap and you can boost it with an overdrive.

yeh an XXX might work. if u can get the head, try to get a framus cab for cheap (2x12 is great for gigging)
Fender American Telecaster (60th Anniversary)
Egnater Rebel 30 Head/Cab
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
I played an XXX today, wasn't a fan.
The 5150's are good, so are the good marshalls.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by which ones pink
I didn't really like the XXX either, way too harsh, sounded almost like SS clipping.

I have to agree with you on that one.
First place to look is pawn shops, you never know what will turn up. Some good amps have already been mentioned, also check into the Peavey Classic 50 and maybe classic 30, depends on what kind of wattage you need. I've seen both onstage quite a few times and they sound great. If you get lucky you might find a good Fender, but don't hold your breath, a silverface Super Reverb like mine will run $1200 or better most of the time, but I was on hand one day when a local guitar store sold a 71 Twin Reverb for $800 in good shape with JBL's in it. I played it a few times, sounded great and it had been completely checked out by a good tech, everything in good working condition.

Also take a look at any tube Randall, Traynor, Vox and Ampegs, all have been used extensively in classic rock bands, and I don't know about where you live but here we have a local guy who builds tube amps, usually 25 watts or so that are absolutely excellent. I've played 6 or 8 of them, great sounding amps and he can custom tweak them for whatever you want. Prices aren't bad either really...
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Quote by Paleo Pete
First place to look is pawn shops, you never know what will turn up. Some good amps have already been mentioned, also check into the Peavey Classic 50 and maybe classic 30, depends on what kind of wattage you need. I've seen both onstage quite a few times and they sound great. If you get lucky you might find a good Fender, but don't hold your breath, a silverface Super Reverb like mine will run $1200 or better most of the time, but I was on hand one day when a local guitar store sold a 71 Twin Reverb for $800 in good shape with JBL's in it. I played it a few times, sounded great and it had been completely checked out by a good tech, everything in good working condition.

Also take a look at any tube Randall, Traynor, Vox and Ampegs, all have been used extensively in classic rock bands, and I don't know about where you live but here we have a local guy who builds tube amps, usually 25 watts or so that are absolutely excellent. I've played 6 or 8 of them, great sounding amps and he can custom tweak them for whatever you want. Prices aren't bad either really...

+1 Crate also made a cool thing called the Vintage Club awhile ago. Made in the US, all tube. 2 channels, each with their own EQ, reverb, and volume controls. Channel one is a Fenderish channel thats clean with lots of head room, and starts getting that Tweed/Bassman sound when you crank the gain. Channel two is like a Marshal JCM900, and is perfect for hard rock. If you can find one, give it a look, as they are great amps for a reasonable amount of money.
+1000000000
The crate Vintage club series are lovely... quite surprising considering some of the products they sell nowadays.... Fender prosonic? dunno how much they run for used, but I'd support the Jcm, Classic 30/50 and Carvin suggestions.

Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Oh yeah, peavey classics rock pretty hard too.
On it's own, it has trouble getting to metal though.
Get a boost or an OD to get it up to metal.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator