Who has gone to see A7X Live? Are they good or not? I'm going to see em live Saturday night, I'm pumpd. And do they play their Walk cover live?
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
I wish i was going to see them, i found out only yesterday that on thursday they r playing at the congress theater. i have basketball, and that pisses me off
Quote by Joshrocker48
I like you, as a fellow vocalist I like that you are here on UG and admit to not being a guitarist.
Bravo.

Quote by arsonite
GTFO non-guitarist!

Joke
They covered "Walk" when I saw them, it was ok.

Whatever-Gates did a like 423645622 minute wank solo, it was terribly boring.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
saw em a while back.really ****ing good. see em if u get the chance
Well, Jesus Christ, I'm not scared to die,

I'm a little bit scared of what comes after

Do I get the gold chariot?

Do I float through the ceiling?
Quote by hatebreed219
They covered "Walk" when I saw them, it was ok.

Whatever-Gates did a like 423645622 minute wank solo, it was terribly boring.

What else is he supposed to do, randomly pluck one note a million times while raping the air??

I heard they play the solos sloppy, but don't take my word for it.
they are damned good live, love em or hate em. a few screw ups in the leads is forgiveable considering the technicality of it all, and shadows hits the high notes spot on. these guys were a guilty pleasure of mine for a while but when i saw them live i was totally sold.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul St.
Peavy Classic VTX 200w
dunlop crybaby wah
boss metal zone distortion
They're good, I guess. I used to be a huggge fan of them, pre-COE days. Their live shows used to be a lot better before the lack of screaming. It's still a good show, but when they play Unholy Confessions, Chapter Four, or Second Heartbeat, it definitely lacks some power from the screaming. All in all, worth the money though, I'd say.
I saw them live with coheed and cambria, they were alright, nothing too special and they played walk but Gates did some sloppy solo on the monitor speaker for 10 minutes. The played a lot of their old stuff though which was good.
They really are good live
saw them on sunday

dont say they arnt good live
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
I was pretty impressed when I saw them yesterday. They even gave a nifty guitar lesson entitled "Why Harmonized solos only sound good when they're harmonized". Synster started the main solo to bat country and Zacky lost his place or something, cuz he hit a bunch of wrong notes than just stopped and shook his head laughed and hit his guitar and hopped back right in right at the end of it where the sweep is. They played a really good mix of the old and new stuff, I was kinda sad they didn't play "Lost" which is easily the best song on the new album. They were didn't really move around too much except for Shadows, the other two just kinda walked around and everytime they came to a solo they would just put their foot up on the riser. I didn't even look like they were sweating by the end of it, and Syn looked more like he was jamming out in his basement than playing to an audience, he just had a robotic look on his face the whole time, and it honestly wouldn't surprise me if he was on some serious drugs at the time. Of course he hit almost every note perfectly, so more power to him.

A word of warning: The opening bands are dollar store versions of: Iron Maiden, *Insert generic hardcore band here* and Pantera. I mean it wasn't like they were terrible, it just wasn't anything interesting or new. Of the three the first opener "Dark Tide" or whatever was probably the best, some good solos here and there, and pretty decent vocals, but still very generic and mediocre.

Honestly I don't think it was worth the $37 I paid for the ticket. It was good, but they need better support to make it worth while.
Last edited by CrimsonG at Nov 6, 2007,
If you're going to make an Avenged Sevenfold thread in the Pit, you better cover yourself with this:

Quote by SkyValley
If you're going to make an Avenged Sevenfold thread in the Pit, you better cover yourself with this:

Don't forget the shield

i just saw them at the wiltern about a week ago
let me tell you
IT WAS ****ING AMAZING!!!!!!
SHDOWS STARTED SCREAMING AGAIN
AT THE WILTERN THE MOSH PIT WAS THE WHOLE ****ING PIT
NO THEY DNT PLAY THE WLK COVER
BUT SHODOWS VOICE HAS IMPROVED ABOUT 01973405982137405 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by SyN6661
let me tell you

I'm debating whether or not to sig that...
Quote by SkyValley
I'm debating whether or not to sig that...

sry i got excited
theyre my fav band
no way man!
saturday?
at the LC?
SAME HERE!'

EDIT: just realized what a douche i sounded like.

Not a huge fan. but i love the LC and i wont lie, the solos they play in the studio are great. i do know they cant pull them off live.

they use something called PRO TOOLS. maybe some of you have heard of it <.<
Last edited by Grey Dynasty at Nov 6, 2007,
Quote by SyN6661
let me tell you

What was the set-list?
I'm just waiting for them to come to Australia dammit!
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Quote by Grey Dynasty
no way man!
saturday?
at the LC?
SAME HERE!'

EDIT: just realized what a douche i sounded like.

Not a huge fan. but i love the LC and i wont lie, the solos they play in the studio are great. i do know they cant pull them off live.

they use something called PRO TOOLS. maybe some of you have heard of it <.<

Yeah, Saturday at the LC. My first concet, its gonna be sick. They arent my favorite, but I've heard they pull off one hell of a live show.
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
idk dude, Syns playing has greatly improved. If you watch all of the new studio videos of Syn recording the solos, hes actually gettin them down with one shot.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
i saw them last year and they are good live, but when i saw them, matt's voice wasn't all that great. after a lot of rest and training, his voice is probably back into shape again.

they probably won't play walk. you're probably gonna hear mostly new material.
when i saw them way last year they got the day off before our show and they sounded perfect. but when they came to ozzfest last year i heard they sucked real bad, i didnt see them then but i can say that when i did see them i got my moneys worth!
I have watched their live videos on youtube, seemed pretty good. I am thinking about going to Chico, CA to see them. That is the closest place to me that they are coming and it is 3 hrs away.

EDIT: WHAAAT! I could have sworn Chico was on the list, it isn't anymore!
The vocals are horrible, the drummer likes to spice things up by adding in little stuff with the double kicks, he also does a lot of tricks with his sticks, kinda like Tommy Lee. Everything else was good, but the vocals totally killed it.
I saw um a while back. They were pretty fun to watch. Syn was in the middle of the solo to Beast and the Harlot if I remember correctly, and some jackass threw a half full water bottle at him and hit him right in the chest. Syn didn't miss a note. He just looked up and frowned and the whole time he was shredding away. They're not my favorite band, but I have some respect for them. I thought City of Evil was pretty good. The new one is kinda meh.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
i saw em firs tat ozzfest 06. i was pissed because i hated them and i thought they sucked. but when i heard em play Walk i creamed in my panties. it was a great cover. so then i gave em a chance.

Saw em again about 5-6 months later at a local show er have in Tucson called fallball. they did great.

there are comin to my town in December and i plan on going. they are really good live.
Quote by Burtonjp
Im secretly a lesbian female in a male body. The worlds a tough place for me.

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
Love the band, but they are just ok live, at least back when I saw them, a couple years ago. Sound problems all over, Shadows' mic kept cutting out, couldnt hardly hear Vengeance, etc. But Ive heard that theyve tightened up quite a bit
Quote by SyN6661
let me tell you

you do know that that number is ****ing miniscule?
www.bebo.com/Re-Ascension - my artist profile! Alternative Rock!

XBOX Live Gamertag: christophe245

Quote by purplegreendave
I like the way 3 of the tags on this video you found are:
gay anus sex

Not that I'm implying anything - far be it from me to judge
I wonder how well they will pull off A little piece of heaven live?
Quote by Joshrocker48
I like you, as a fellow vocalist I like that you are here on UG and admit to not being a guitarist.
Bravo.

Quote by arsonite
GTFO non-guitarist!

Joke
I'm actually going to see them next Wednesday. I've only heard good things about them, and judging by the videos I've seen of their more recent live performances, they've gotten a hell of a lot better.
Quote by J.A.M
On a previous occasion, a middle aged black african man proceeded to remove my betrothed bicycle from my possession.

Quote by silent caution
sex with a pregnant woman? isnt that like putting gas in car you already wrecked?