Page 1 of 2
I think it's a bull**** excuse for America's lack of capacity to educate its population better.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Don't think there's any kind of conspiracy behind it, but it's happening and it's just getting worse.
[SIZE=
Anyone ever seen "Idiocracy"? A frightening look into the future that movie is...
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
stop spending money on war, spend money on the school system. problem solved????
By keeping our minds off ourselves, they speed us to our end.

EDIT: You can't be so naive as to think there's anyone to blame but yourself if you're dumbed down by modern technology. There's so much information right in front of you. If you're not benefiting from it and you're instead caught up in video games and MTV and text messaging and other distractions then it's your own fucking fault.

We live in a great age. Utilize it.
Last edited by Arthur Curry at Nov 6, 2007,
I saw Idiocracy. Did it even go to theaters before DVD? I thought it was pretty good.
Quote by armon77
stop spending money on war, spend money on the school system. problem solved????

Not really..
Give the people bread and circuses.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Uh, wouldn't you classify "Idiocracy" a form of media?

They just never show the smart people, because whenever you see those shows that go around asking stupid easy questions in the street and people get them wrong, it's like 20 people out of hundreds to thousands.

I think America has a nice balance of smart and stupid people.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by Slaytanic6606
I think it's a bull**** excuse for America's lack of capacity to educate its population better.

2nd post and it was the best

/thread
Quote by Blow Me
Anyone ever seen "Idiocracy"? A frightening look into the future that movie is...

Very good film.

And yeah, apathy and ignorance in America is disgustingly acceptable.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Everything's a conspiracy these days, huh? It's just one elaborate plan after the next.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
i think we should do everything the government tells us, throw away your tin foil hat you unpatriotic son of a bitch

/sarcasm
i need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah.
This has happened history many times and we should learn from it. Any nation that grows immensely like America has in the past couple of centuries, will become stagnant like it is now as a result of ignorance to the world among it's own people, and then finally be overtaken as by another nation, maybe not physically but definitely economically and military wise. The current nation that is growing a ton while America is taking a backseat is China. The only thing that can destroy and bring the downfall of America is ignorance among the American people themselves.
Cuz the school systems suck. Every time someone learns some useless **** they lose common sense
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Quote by Arthur Curry

EDIT: You can't be so naive as to think there's anyone to blame but yourself if you're dumbed down by modern technology. There's so much information right in front of you. If you're not benefiting from it and you're instead caught up in video games and MTV and text messaging and other distractions then it's your own fucking fault.

Actually I think part of the "problem" is the informed are even more well informed and those that don't care have always been that way. Before the fairly modern media revolution, nobody really knew so it didn't stand out as much.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by Wayward_Son
Actually I think part of the "problem" is the informed are even more well informed and those that don't care have always been that way. Before the fairly modern media revolution, nobody really knew so it didn't stand out as much.

That's a good reason for not watching CNN. It's also the basic premises of 'Brave New World'.
Glad I don't live in America.

Haven't heard of this.
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
The only dumbed down person here is the guy with the link to their myspace, who's also a christian.
Super-serial list of equipment: guitar, amp, some picks, and a cable.

I know i can be an A55hole, however i try to mean well most of the time..
Quote by Arthur Curry

Who dat?
Quote by Blow Me
You're joking, right?
Ya I'm not saying it's just the media causing this. Here is the site where I thought about this and I have thought about it before about how schools really don't teach how to use the information in real life just how to use it on a worksheet.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread294899/pg1

Of course not every post in there is that reasonable but there's some pretty good thoughts.
Quote by Slaytanic6606

its not that america has a ****ty educational system, its that most kids dont give a ****. they go to school because they believe they have to, because its more trouble not to. but they dont give a **** about learning, they'd rather read about celebrities or sit around listening to whatever is on the radio.
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

Quote by GrungeBeatle
its not that america has a ****ty educational system, its that most kids dont give a ****. they go to school because they believe they have to, because its more trouble not to. but they dont give a **** about learning, they'd rather read about celebrities or sit around listening to whatever is on the radio.

+600000 My friend.

I look around on my bus and everyone is acting like a ****ing animal and it disgusts me. They make fun of me for being smart. The fact that being smart is now looked down upon is INSANITY and it is sad because vulnerable intelligent kids will give in to the dumbasses and start making bad grades and getting in trouble to prove that they aren't smart either. It is gonna take something like a massive disaster to knock some sense back into the ****ing ignorant obese Americans. I just want to get up in class one day and condemn everyone because they are all so misguided by the media and blinded by religion, it is so ridiculous that I just want to cry.
there are just as many idiots in the world as there have always been. the internet just makes them more visible.
Quote by Milones
+600000 My friend.

I look around on my bus and everyone is acting like a ****ing animal and it disgusts me. They make fun of me for being smart. The fact that being smart is now looked down upon is INSANITY and it is sad because vulnerable intelligent kids will give in to the dumbasses and start making bad grades and getting in trouble to prove that they aren't smart either. It is gonna take something like a massive disaster to knock some sense back into the ****ing ignorant obese Americans. I just want to get up in class one day and condemn everyone because they are all so misguided by the media and blinded by religion, it is so ridiculous that I just want to cry.

it really isnt anything new. intellectuals have been persecuted (although i really shouldnt use that word as it hasnt really gotten so bad) throughout history. it tends to only happen during a society's conservative phase. take a look at america's 1950s, the image of the stereotypical white shirt, thick glasses nerd was created here. a more extreme case was stalins purges of the intellectuals. while his basis of ideology was leftist, his societal views were much more conservative.
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

Yup, to sum it up...there are idiots and there are smart people. Sometimes one is a majority..in todays case atleast from what often appears in the media most people seems to be dumb and ignorant of the world around them.

However i've seen a large number of smart people who have real priorities, but they don't make the evening news for getting a 16 year old girl preggers...
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by freshtunes
Give the people bread and circuses.

I remember learning this is my freshman world history class.
lol.
But yeah I think we already have this thing happening already because we can already obtain food easily via McDonalds or whatever other fast food and they always show these damn reality show crap.
This must be the work of natural selection!
Yes I am from Hawaii.

It's not really a great place to live..
..but fun if you're a tourist!
FoTB Duration: June 12, 2008 - July 12, 2008
It's good to be back guys.
The thing is... as the dumb people get dumb(er), the smart poeple get smarter. Pretty soon all the smart people will have sickly humanlike primate pets as slaves and a select group of people will think to themselves "what the hell happened to all the dumb people around here?"

Oh it'll happen, you wait and see...
Balls.
Quote by Toasty25000
You're joking, right?

Sarcasm is me...nice to meet you :|
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
I've heard some poeple say that and they are all retarded. How fucking selfcentered are you when you think our own Swedish media would actually care enough to give out false perceptions of your nation? You live on the other side of the planet; no one here gives a shiit about you!

And besides that, we HAVE got American TV over here too, you realize? Some of us watch the same news that you are watching!

My perception of a United States of Retarderica comes from what I've seen come out of your country; in your newspaper, on your news and definently in all of the Americans I've encountered; IRL or otherwise. Also, I have some friends that have lived in America for some time (who moved there for a couple of years and then returned to Sweden), and some of them's got a couple of real horror stories from their experiences with the American educational system.
It's because of all the **** Tv shows I tell you. All those crappy celebrity shows and reality Tv.

But anyway I'm sure that there are still alot of smart americans, just alot of stupid ones as well.
it makes sense. if we are in fact, the greatest country in the world, then why is the majority of the population so god damn stupid? it wouldnt happen unless the powers that be want it to happen. they are trying to control us. keeping us nice and stupid is the best way to do it. having an informed public is the last thing they want.

ugh... im too tired to continue this. but all i can ask anyone to do is that you think for yourself and challenge authority (meaning dont just accept what you are being told. ASK WHY).

EDIT:

Quote by Renka
I've heard some poeple say that and they are all retarded. How fucking selfcentered are you when you think our own Swedish media would actually care enough to give out false perceptions of your nation? You live on the other side of the planet; no one here gives a shiit about you!

And besides that, we HAVE got American TV over here too, you realize? Some of us watch the same news that you are watching!

My perception of a United States of Retarderica comes from what I've seen come out of your country; in your newspaper, on your news and definently in all of the Americans I've encountered; IRL or otherwise. Also, I have some friends that have lived in America for some time (who moved there for a couple of years and then returned to Sweden), and some of them's got a couple of real horror stories from their experiences with the American educational system.

i apologize for those piece of sh*t jerk off retards who are content living their lives in a haze of ignorance and stupidity. i assure you, we arent all like that. just dont judge all of us Americans by those select few. im sure if i visited Sweden i'd be able to find many people i dont like, but i'd hardly use that to judge the entire nation.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Last edited by PaperStSoapCo at Nov 7, 2007,
Less money spent on war and controlling drugs, and more money spent on education?
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
it makes sense. if we are in fact, the greatest country in the world, then why is the majority of the population so god damn stupid? it wouldnt happen unless the powers that be want it to happen. they are trying to control us. keeping us nice and stupid is the best way to do it. having an informed public is the last thing they want.

ugh... im too tired to continue this. but all i can ask anyone to do is that you think for yourself and challenge authority (meaning dont just accept what you are being told. ASK WHY).

Kind of like the Feudal system. Keep the poor poorer and the rich richer.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
Page 1 of 2