Page 1 of 3
I've always wondered this. I come on here and find that there is not a single person that is ridiculously unintelligent and somewhat informed about what is going on in the everyday world. But then I look around at everyone in my real life and they are all the exact opposite, ignorants that have no idea what is going on, obey the media, and have the "easy way out goal," get a job, have kids, and don't worry about the rest of the world. I don't think I have met a single Christian on here, everyone is atheist or agnostic (just like me). But in the real world around me, EVERYONE is Christian and don't even bother to question what they take as the truth.

It is the same in music. People I see on here challenge me in what they know about guitar theory and all but in the real world I dominate every guitarist I know in knowledge of guitar and just merely playing. This one kid was like "OMG! Children of Bodom are so 1337, their lead guitarist is God!!!" I then procceded to ask him what key "Are You Dead Yet" is in. They then told me that it didn't have a key, and Childreon of Bodom just plays music and doesn't worry about all that "technical bull****."
Quote by Scarlet_Fever
Ahhh! Wall of text! Run away!

it is quite intimidating. I usually cant pay attention to more than 4 lines of text....
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
You haven't been looking hard enough.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
I'm a Taoist and I dont like Children of Bodem.

I think I'm missing the point of this thread....
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
TS, yes a majority of the people here are whiney nihilist atheists that like black metal. but you must also remember that ... they're here. they're losers with greasy long hair that don't go to football games and don't go to parties. a few exceptions: gpderek, dirk gently, a few more i can't be bothered to remember. this forum is mainly for social outcasts. why else do you think everyone is so hostile and cruel here or on most internet forums? a lot of people here are a bunch of guitar nerds that get picked on at school by good-looking, popular people. like me!

just kidding.

start doing random basement checks or attend star trek conventions. UGers will come out of the woodwork.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Actually, there are plenty of Christians on here.

A lot of people on here are dumbasses.

you make it sound like they're related.
#DTWD
Well this is a GUITAR WEBSITE (A lot of people seem to forget that ) So of course you will get a lot of likeminded people on here. We are connected by the guitar, and the guitar shows that you have a love of music, and having a love of music determines MANY aspects of your life. So we are all connected in that way, that's why a lot of us are similar.
Quote by Distortedyouth
wow primusfan you are the biggest douchbag

what, because i'm right?
#DTWD
i dunno. there are some guitarists/musicians who are quite intelligent. then there's the other end of the spectrum...
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

member number five of the Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

creator/owner of the yankees fans group
Quote by primusfan
TS, yes a majority of the people here are whiney nihilist atheists that like black metal. but you must also remember that ... they're here. they're losers with greasy long hair that don't go to football games and don't go to parties. a few exceptions: gpderek, dirk gently, a few more i can't be bothered to remember. this forum is mainly for social outcasts. why else do you think everyone is so hostile and cruel here or on most internet forums? a lot of people here are a bunch of guitar nerds that get picked on at school by good-looking, popular people. like me!

just kidding.

start doing random basement checks or attend star trek conventions. UGers will come out of the woodwork.

you make it sound like they're related.

im not a social outcast.
and i have short hair, and party.
and im christian.
and i dont get picked on.
im not all that hostile either.

i only get on here at night when its this or watch TV, so i do this....
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
im a minister

i just figured i'd jump on the bandwagon
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

Quote by primusfan

I'm here to make observations on human behavior.
Quote by primusfan
what, because i'm right?

oh no your right, dont get me wrong. im just saying im not one of those people you described.
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
Quote by primusfan
what, because i'm right?

Yeah, didn't you get the memo?

People are now "douchbags" for being right. We decided it at the last Geneva Convention, so...it's pretty official..

Social Outcast-ism ftw!
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by RandyVanHendrix
Well this is a GUITAR WEBSITE (A lot of people seem to forget that ) So of course you will get a lot of likeminded people on here. We are connected by the guitar, and the guitar shows that you have a love of music, and having a love of music determines MANY aspects of your life. So we are all connected in that way, that's why a lot of us are similar.

*Ebony, and Ivory, living together in harmony!*
no. i was kidding about me being attractive and popular. which is in fact true, i just didn't want to hurt your collective feelings.

and yeah, i wasn't trying to lump everyone in. but there are enough people like that that i think it's a reasonable observation. in a data chart observing a trend, there will be minor discrepancies, but i still say there's enough to see a positive coorelation.
#DTWD
Just stay on UG for a bit longer. Your illusions will be shattered, I'm sorry.

We're much cooler
Who dat?
Quote by primusfan
no. i was kidding about me being attractive and popular. which is in fact true, i just didn't want to hurt your collective feelings.

and yeah, i wasn't trying to lump everyone in. but there are enough people like that that i think it's a reasonable observation. in a data chart observing a trend, there will be minor discrepancies, but i still say there's enough to see a positive coorelation.

Just, you know, for the record...am I a minor discrepancy, or a positive correlation?
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Dirge Humani

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by primusfan

You have the coolest song on your profile
Quote by Milones
I've always wondered this. I come on here and find that there is not a single person that is ridiculously unintelligent and somewhat informed about what is going on in the everyday world. But then I look around at everyone in my real life and they are all the exact opposite, ignorants that have no idea what is going on, obey the media, and have the "easy way out goal," get a job, have kids, and don't worry about the rest of the world. I don't think I have met a single Christian on here, everyone is atheist or agnostic (just like me). But in the real world around me, EVERYONE is Christian and don't even bother to question what they take as the truth.

It is the same in music. People I see on here challenge me in what they know about guitar theory and all but in the real world I dominate every guitarist I know in knowledge of guitar and just merely playing. This one kid was like "OMG! Children of Bodom are so 1337, their lead guitarist is God!!!" I then procceded to ask him what key "Are You Dead Yet" is in. They then told me that it didn't have a key, and Childreon of Bodom just plays music and doesn't worry about all that "technical bull****."

becuase in real life, you say something stupid, and nobody cares too too much. here, you spell a word wrong via accidental typo, and you get flamed like your some huge idiot.

here, its assumed that the majority of people know something about music in depth, as opposed to the everyday people you meet who think penatonic is a medical term or something.

and as for the religion thing, well, there are alot of christians. and athiests. its just that outside the forum, i dont believe people really advertise there beliefs, like its seen here sometimes.

there are idiots here. you'll find them. im one of em. and im christian too. so you just found 2 things u say you never see here.
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Quote by primusfan

lol...

"And in this week's "Davey Investigates...""
Quote by primusfan

I think that your being a mod puts you in a good position to say these things.
And I mean, it's common sense.
People love to be something they're not. When they come on to these forums they don't have to be greasy-haired weirdos and social rejects. They can be whoever the fuck they want. So naturally they choose to be the bully. The thing they dread outside of the internet.

Human behavior, I'm telling you.
Quote by Gunpowder
Just, you know, for the record...am I a minor discrepancy, or a positive correlation?

how the hell should i know?

all i know is that from my time here, i've seen a very, very consistent pattern. i haven't been around as much lately, but what do you know, i've also been engaging in other social activities more in the past two years than in the two before. i don't hate everyone in my class because they're conformists and like mainstream music or whatever the hell a lot of UG bitches about.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
how the hell should i know?

You seem to be the authority on all UG-user-related graphs.

Also I care very much what a lot of people on an internet guitar forum think of me, so...
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Dirge Humani

FUCK ROCKS!
Page 1 of 3