ok, back when i first started getting into guitar, i let a sales rep at guitar center talk me into a spider2 75 watt amp. It was good to learn on but now that I am playing in front of people louder, i hate it. i have 2 nice pedals which i love (weeping demon and metal muff) but when i crank the volume anywhere past 5 the tone is horrible. I know the type of music I play calls for a lot of distortion, but the sound is not the distortion i am looking for. It is more like my amp is going to blow up distortion. I want an amp that has louder, racket free distortion. Not too huge, but something i could put into a pa system and play shows on if not a half stack. Effects are not really a big deal for me (one reason i bought the spider 2 was that i thought i needed phaser, tremolo, etc on my amp). I am in a hardcore band, but i also want something i can get ok cleans out of for a church praise band i am in. I need it to be loud enough that I can play for up to like 80 people.

my budget is like 300 - 600 maybe. help me out please and thank you.
Jackson Customization. Check It Out!!

*New* Jackson DX10D (Under Construction)
Gibson SG Faded Special (faded cherry)
ibanez acoustic

$$NEW$$ Epiphone So Cal 50 Stack In Mail $$NEW$$
line 6 SPIDER 2 112 combo
Metal Muff
Weeping Demon
get a fender tube amp, because they have perfect clean tones, then get a pro co rat distortion pedal, you get get the best distortion ever for metal
I am the last Samaurai

Quote by Strati
Note to self: keep off thread while on lsd trip.

Quote by gtrfrk123
Well i'm still fairly young so i still hump random things

Quote by Woogles
****K YOU HOE!
GTFO MAH UG!
(tummaenkeli)

For practice and stuff, I just use a 100w Marshall VS100.
D'they still make them?

For real gigs, I use complicated stuff that my Dad sets up.
Something about putting out 1000 watts or something.
I loose track.

Marshall are the best amps around.
i forgot to put that combos are acceptable seeing as i will probably not find a decent half stack in my price range.
I did find this:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RX120RHS-120W-4x12-Half-Stack?sku=481479
Jackson Customization. Check It Out!!

*New* Jackson DX10D (Under Construction)
Gibson SG Faded Special (faded cherry)
ibanez acoustic

$$NEW$$ Epiphone So Cal 50 Stack In Mail $$NEW$$
line 6 SPIDER 2 112 combo
Metal Muff
Weeping Demon
Try checking out B-52 AT-112 or 212. Much better than any of the amps mentioned before.
Quote by colbywitagibson

for small gigs, 30w-50w tube will be plenty, and there is no need for a half stack.

look at the Crate V series, Peavey Classic, and B-52 AT's.

I would suggest the B-52
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-60Watt-1x12-Tube-Combo?sku=480046
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS