I was playing my Stingray today, and noticed that the neck bends (back) almost too easily, and I was worried that something might be wrong. It's 21 years old, so something might be going bad. The neck profile is very wide and flat, like a P-bass, but flatter. I compared the 'rays "bendiness" to my Mexican J, and it seems to be weaker. Any ideas?

I never, ever do neck bends on my basses. Ever. it's stupid, pointless, and wrecks good instruments. I just noticed that when I started playing low notes, I was going sharp, and then realized that the neck was bending back a little. Should it bend that easily? I hold my bass pretty high, so when I go down to 1st position, I put some, but not much strain on the neck.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Neck bending is not stupid, pointless, OR wrecks necks. When done PROPERLY.

Billy Sheehan uses neck bends, in conjunction with his D-tuner to a hit a low B.

I use them cos they're fun and look cool.

Hell, the Billy Sheehan book I'v got tells you how to do them.
Make sure the screws are tight, and maybe take off the neck and put a newer one on.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Neck bending is not stupid, pointless, OR wrecks necks. When done PROPERLY.

Billy Sheehan uses neck bends, in conjunction with his D-tuner to a hit a low B.

I use them cos they're fun and look cool.

Hell, the Billy Sheehan book I'v got tells you how to do them.

I don't [quite think that was the point of this thread. I say, take it to a luthier, or a shop or whatever. I know I've mentioned that a lot lately, but it's not really possible for anyone to help you without holding it in their hands.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
I don't [quite think that was the point of this thread. I say, take it to a luthier, or a shop or whatever. I know I've mentioned that a lot lately, but it's not really possible for anyone to help you without holding it in their hands.

Nor do I, lol... I really should go to bed