So, my friends completely rocked the house at our school talent show. I need something to top it, definitely metal, but some type of accessibility if possible. My friends band is a lot like Slayer, like REign in Blood Slayer, but you can't really hear what Hanneman is sayin. Ne1 have suggestions?
children of the grave by sabbath
I am the last Samaurai

Quote by Strati
Note to self: keep off thread while on lsd trip.

Quote by gtrfrk123
Well i'm still fairly young so i still hump random things

Quote by Woogles
****K YOU HOE!
GTFO MAH UG!
What hanneman is saying?

huh?

Are you implying Hanneman is the vocalist?
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
POWER METAL!!!!
blow everyone away with like hammerfall or Helloween
and get a Michael Kiske to do the vocals!
the unforgiven by metallica... play it up to the solo.. then switch to wherever I may roam.. i heard a band do this once.. i dont know how they did this.. but they made it work
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
Venus in Furs by Velvet Underground (yes I will suggest it till someone does it)
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
take a couple songs, and mash em all together, play 30 seconds from each and make them flow from one to another, if you can get that your gold. otherwise if you want accessibility oops i did it again by children of bodom has to be on your list.
i second Dragonforce
MY GEAR:
Fender Strat
Digitech RP250
Squier sp10 amp
Quote by C-RIS15
take a couple songs, and mash em all together, play 30 seconds from each and make them flow from one to another, if you can get that your gold. otherwise if you want accessibility oops i did it again by children of bodom has to be on your list.

i dont think they are an imitation prince band.
Quote by jakekilgore666
children of the grave by sabbath

+1

Also, sometime by Pantera would be awesome. Like Cowboys From Hell.
2112 by Rush.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Full Devil Jacket-D.M.F.
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
Last edited by punkrocker10115 at Nov 6, 2007,
Quote by newman34
i second Dragonforce

Actually, Dragonforce might not be a challenge if you approach it right. Take Through The Fire And Flames. The verse/solo progression is only 3 power chords, and I believe there are only 5 or 6 different chords for the entire song. I'm not talking about the leads, of course. You're on your own with that.

If you want to play it note for note, Fury Of The Storm is actually a managable song. Hell, I know how to play most of it.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
HOLY DIVER

for all that is sacred, play this song

EDIT: Killswitch Engage version.
Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

Shoopin' that whoop since before you were born, son.
OMG you people are so stupid. Play a song that is generic at a talent show, and you will never win (unless it is Freebird). If you don't have a singer, DEFINITELY do not try to cover a song with vocals.

Everyone at my school likes ****ty bands like All Time Low, Fallout Boy, Dance Gavin Dance, etc. Playing Pantera, Metallica, Megadeth (except Hangar 18) would be just looked down upon. You need something that will get in their sucky guitarist's face and destroy their massive ego like a pure lead guitar instrumental.

Some examples, are Concerto by Cacophony, Far Beyond the Sun by Yngwie Malmsteen, Scarified by Racer X.

If those are too hard you could do something that is easier like Canon Rock or Maggot Brain.
Last edited by Milones at Nov 6, 2007,
Flying High Again-Ozzy

Its about drugsssssssss...........
Quote by MuffinMan
I hope for a day when circumcised and uncircumcised penises can live together in harmony!

Quote by Kensai
Cowslayer, I recognize you as the Emperor of the universe. I applaud you in your awesomeness.
Quote by Frobot!
+1

Also, sometime by Pantera would be awesome. Like Cowboys From Hell.

i hope you mean someTHING

if not then i guess weve got a retarded down syndrome monkey on UG
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92

dude i got a warning last time i talked about the menatlly handicaped(i said like a kid with downs)
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92

I'm not retaded, I'm just mentally disabilitated.
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92

whoops!
I meant someTHING, but my typing skills are frequently inaccurate
dress in matching suits, speak with a lisp when you introduce your band, then BAM play some cannibal corpse.
U2.

They're so much better than that garbage everyone else has mentioned.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
If you actually want to win and be popular without "selling out", do a poppy classic rock song. Boston or the like.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by MySweetFracture
Play Master of puppets if you got the skills

Me and my band did MOP for our Talent Show, and we actually won!
LET FREEDOM RING WITH A SHOTGUN BLAST!
Here's one that I've used a few times. Play Dammit by Blink 182. Everybody knows that one. Then, during that slow part, around 2:06, turn it into a freestyle jam. If you do it right, it will sound badass. Especially when you go back into the main riff of the song.
Well, for the talent show here I'm using the school choir and string ensemble and playing Power of the Dragonflame by Rhapsody

Or Sea of Lies - Symphony X.

Or, i second HOLY DIVER!
I suggest "Rock you like a hurricane" in nearly all of these threads. This is no exception.
Quote by buckethead_jr
Well, for the talent show here I'm using the school choir and string ensemble and playing Power of the Dragonflame by Rhapsody

Or Sea of Lies - Symphony X.

Or, i second HOLY DIVER!

you fucking rule man

EDIT: i can list all the songs my band played over two talent comps over two years that we won both times as well if ya want.

a starter would be hearts on fire by hammerfall

EDIT2: youre playing on your own right? if so, scratch that^ far beyond the sun is the only way to win
Last edited by Diamond Dave at Nov 7, 2007,