I'm graduating high school this year and I was looking ino the field of anesthesology. I just want to know how I should go about it. I'm pretty sure it is Pre-Med. I was wandering if there is alot of math too. And what kind of math. Science math where you just found out a few numbers and plug them into a calculator or is it "hard math". Math is not my best subject, but science is my best. I can do the science math but I'm not so good at regular math, ie: Pre Calc, Algebra 2, etc.
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen"

Hellsing Organization

yeah i'm on my way to anesthesiology as well. it does deal with like hardcore math like calculus along with advanced chemistry. i.e: determining how much of a certain anesthetic a patient can take, combos of drugs, ect.
Yes I trust you... I'm pretty sure you have to go to 4 yrs of college then 3 yrs afterwards. I'm really just interested in how much math will there be.
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen"

Hellsing Organization

It works the same way in the U.S. YOu're guna have to do pre-med for 4 years. Med school for 4 years. 1 year internship and then a 3 year residency. SO its going to take 12 years before you get your real job.
Im terms of math. A pre-med program at a college is going to require either chem or bio chem where theres math. And a core class is mostly a math class as well, you can't avoid it.
Hope you enjoy organic chemistry and gross anatomy! My father is an anesthesiologist, so I have heard plenty of stories.

I am pre-dental right now. It has a lot of the same as pre-med. I am majoring in Molecular and Microbiology. Calculus is the highest math i have to take with my major. It isn't that bad.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Volta- plus the fact that anaesthetists generally keep their job until they retire, and the jobs are few and far between.

And yeah, biochem will involve maths, and you may well have a maths based module. Plus a lot of the practical write-ups will involve logs and such. I'm a biomedical sciences student, which is basically pre-med, I suppose, and I did quite a bit of maths in my first year, as well as a Data Analysis/Statistics module.
i hate calculus AB. the thought of anyone studying calculus BC and on ... makes my brain hurt.
#DTWD
Thanks guys. I should be fine is it is not too hard math. Calculus shouldn't be too hard, and I can handle all the gross anotomy and chem/bio stuff. I love all that stuff.

Hellsing Organization