Is it possible to have an active pickup for the bridge, and a passive pickup for the neck? I'm looking into a Seymour Duncan Active LW-HMET Humbucker for the bridge, and an SH-Invader (Seymour Duncan) Humbucker for the neck. Is this combo possible? I know there is no split coil mode for the active pickup, but will the wiring work out, or do I have to both passive or active? Any Info would be great.
My Equipment:

-KE3 Kelly Jackson
-Hyburn Stratocaster
-Marshall G80RCD
-Marshall AVT series 4x12" extension cab.
-Digitech Death Metal Distortion Pedal

ICED EARTH
it's possible but it's awkward, and you also can't have the two pickups on at once, as far as I'm aware.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Why would you want to do this? If it's vital for your playing then give it a go but it'd be a bit awkward... Like Dave Mc says, you can't have the two pickups on at once.
It's a hassle. They can't use the same controls, as a passive humbucker uses 500K pots, and the active pickup probably uses 25K pots like an EMG, and to work together, you'd need some kind of buffer/preamp for the passive pickup. Otherwise, you can't use the middle position.

By the way, don't get the Invader....
It's too much of a ballache to be worthwhile, and there's no reason on earth you'd ever want an Invader in the neck.

There aren't many reasons you'd want one in the bridge either...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com

EDIT: "but lyke synyster gates is t3h most br00talz gittarizt ev4r!!!!!" is not a reason.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?