I use a tube rig so no digital, and I am using it for hendrix primarily, but variety is a big plus. I will have a ts9 and vox wah as well as the blues jr and my strat. I have noiseless pickups so feedback is not an issue.

anyway 150$ is my limit, and I was looking at the big muff, fuzz face, octavio, and anything else you guys think. I thought that dunlop was a little full of **** about their products being used by jimi, I'd like a second opinion. I want jimi hendrix tone, and as much variety as possible.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
big muff can get crazy fuzz and is really awesome
I am the last Samaurai

Quote by Strati
Note to self: keep off thread while on lsd trip.

Quote by gtrfrk123
Well i'm still fairly young so i still hump random things

Quote by Woogles
****K YOU HOE!
GTFO MAH UG!
vintage fuzz face clone, fulltone '69, fulltone '70, fulltone soulbender, and zVex Fuzz Factory. i'm sure i missed quite a few.

i'm sure '70 would land near $150. if u get those used, u might find them under $150. except the Fuzz Factory.

i'm making a fulltone '69 clone.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I am probably going brand name on this one, either dunlop or EH I think. the fulltones look good but are mostly discontinued or expensive, and I want something easy to find. the fender blender seemed to sound like ass, and the big muff wasn't great either, but if nothing much beats it I'll get the muff.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
or was it 9...
yeah 10
brand name... Fulltone is a better brand than EH or Dunlop. by far.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^but u have to make'em. if u get them prebuild, they're totally ripping u off.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
By brand name I mean available at my local guitar center without special order.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

Quote by Lil Macker
or was it 9...
yeah 10
Anybody have any experience with the BBE Free Fuzz or the Voodoo Lab Superfuzz? I know those would be available at a Guitar Center but I haven't tried either so I don't really know how they sound, just going on reviews.
Quote by rhakiath
By brand name I mean available at my local guitar center without special order.

There's a big difference between best and most convenient.

Fulltone, ZVex, and Analogman are all available on eBay for about what you want to spend, and all crush the Big Muff (as much of an EHX fanboy as I can be).
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Slats knows it^

A big muff is okay, as much as I like EHX though, there are plenty of better fuzzs out there, especially for hendrix-esque fuzz. And dont bother with the dunlop re-issue fuzz faces, they sound like ass, nothing like the originals which made 'em famous.

You need a fuzz aimed at lower-gained (fuzzed?) sounds for hendrix, the muff IMO has a too modern sound for it. Go e-bay and look for some of those mentioned above^ and you will not regret it.
I like the Big Muff.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
i have the Roger Mayer Axis fuzz that jimi used on his BOLD AS LOVE album. and other than the classic fuzz, this is my favorite fuzz of all time. sadly it is out of your price range
For hendrix you will probably not beat the Roger Mayer models. I prefer the classic (warmer), but either one will get you spot onto a hendrix tone with your rig.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors