Hey guys real fast one of my friends said keeping smirnoff in the freezer, very cold or frozen would increase the alcohol percentage? Is this right, wrong? thanks
umm no, it could further distill the liquid, but the alcohol will not really increase, it will just become slightly more concentrated.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Wrong.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
first of all if its vodka not a cooler, it wont freeze. at the end of the day you'll just have a very cold booze
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
It will not freeze, and none of the chemical properties will be changed. Your friend is a douche bag.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Quote by sketchy z
first of all if its vodka not a cooler, it wont freeze. at the end of the day you'll just have a very cold booze

it will freeze if your freezer is cold enough, I've managed to do it before, though not in a freezer, the melting point of ethanol is −114.3 °C

Last.fm
when you freeze something, you make a physical change. you don't get more or less of the substance

ok i misinterpreted what you said, but still, you would not get more alcohol
Balls.
Last edited by rmr024 at Nov 6, 2007,
Not exactly, what happens is that the water in it freezes (therefore sinking to the bottom) so the liquid you have at the top will not be so watered down. So if your question is that if you freeze it then drink it (before it melts) you get more drunk, then the answer is yes.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
it will freeze if your freezer is cold enough, I've managed to do it before, though not in a freezer, the melting point of ethanol is −114.3 °C

not sure if understand you but...
if i read that right what freezer would ever be −114.3 °C
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
wtf are u guys tryin to increase alcohol in vodka for? its already loaded, hell take like 6 shots and you'll be on the floor for 4 hours
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Gays aren't discriminated against, they just can't get married, big ****ing deal.
Quote by sketchy z
not sure if understand you but...
if i read that right what freezer would ever be −114.3 °C

certain freezers used for cold storage of chemicals and things of that nature. the ones used in order to maintain nitrogen in its liquid form are a lot colder.

Last.fm
Quote by lewymcgee
wtf are u guys tryin to increase alcohol in vodka for? its already loaded, hell take like 6 shots and you'll be on the floor for 4 hours

pussy
If you or your friend claim not to get smashed off a bottle of Vodka anyway, you're liars.
dood put a beer [glass bottle] in the freezer for like a day right. then without iritating it for that time or when you tske it out. it wont be frozen. mmk. well hit it and it will instantly freez. its ****ing trippy i did it to my firend on his first time drinking and when i poured it it froze in the cup. he cried a little...
Quote by Pilots
Discrepancy: While at 110 KIAS and 35 deg AOB with full right pedal, trims would not keep helicopter in correct Outer roll loop.

Corrective action:
Could not duplicate on ground. 11A799. NPPC
alcohol doesnt freeze at temperatures of conventional freezers. however if your vodka has enough water in it, you could freeze the water itself and pour out the remaining liquid (leaing ice behind). the result would be a higher proof alcoholic beverage. no additional alcohol would result however, you would just need less of it to get drunk (keep in mind there would be less of it to) in other words it would be not worth your time to do it
Quote by rage6945
girls dont get braces in their vaginas buddy
Quote by saxaxe

pussy

Ahhh, ya beat me to it.

But yeah, most hard alcohols are the best when served at freezer temprature...there's nothing more nasty than room-temprature vodka.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
Quote by SiXsTrInGs126
Hey guys real fast one of my friends said keeping smirnoff in the freezer, very cold or frozen would increase the alcohol percentage? Is this right, wrong? thanks

It's worse than wrong, it's stupid. That shit is gonna be so bloody cold it will damage the tissues in your throat when you swallow it. Basically frostbite.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
It could I guess... depends on how cold you freeze it.
Keep it below 0 Celsius but above -15 Celsius (freezing point of ethanol if I remember correctly) then it will as the water remains frozen while the alcohol doesn't.
Quote by clapton-floyd
I don't believe in free will, I believe in Rohypnol.
Vodka does NOT freeze in a freezer

EDIT: Freezing point of ethanol is -110 degrees C. 40% ABV will freeze at around -30 to -40.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by GeetarAbuse
...there's nothing more nasty than room-temprature vodka.

warm gin and coke
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
It's worse than wrong, it's stupid. That shit is gonna be so bloody cold it will damage the tissues in your throat when you swallow it. Basically frostbite.

i think that you are... unless you meant that the kid find some scientist with a deep freezer that would freeze vodka.. and then yes, youd probably hurt yourself with vodka cubes
EVERYTHING FREEZES!!!

You just may not be able to freeze it in your freezer, but that doesnt mean at some temperature it wont freeze because it will.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

oh shit, i better bear that in mind next time i eat ice cream.

my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by lewymcgee

Anyway, I've never done it myself but apparently it makes the vodka smoother/nicer, I'd wait for it to warm a bit before you drank though perhaps.
...Bleep Bloop...
What the f*ck are you freezing vodka for?

It's supposed to be served at room temperature.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Quote by Child In Time
What the f*ck are you freezing vodka for?

It's supposed to be served at room temperature.

I was just thinking that, when have you ever seen vodka at a bar in the fridge? It;s always on an optic.
Quote by ThunderFingers
Ice Cream is at a few C below 0. Frozen ethanol is -110 degrees ... slightly colder

except that the reply was to the OP. who was talking about putting in a household freezer. ie, cooling itself to exactly the same temperature as ice cream.
Quote by lewymcgee

more like i'll be buzzing....
Quote by ThunderFingers
I was just thinking that, when have you ever seen vodka at a bar in the fridge? It;s always on an optic.

depends on the bar. some places keep some spirits in the fridge as well as on optics. but generally, places have them on optics because

a) it saves fridge space
b) its more efficient to use an optic than to individually measure shots
c) its easier to see what spirits the bar has.
no but it is deadly.

is u consume frozen carbon dioxide from the bubbles in the drink...... ooooo good luck.