I know what locking tuners are, But how do they keep the guitar from going out of tune, Is there a screw on the tuner?
if u look there are like 3 screws. each screws down a small metal plate that is screwed down as tight as teh bottom on your best friend's sister, and that "locks" the strings into place. its like a small metal peice pressing against the strings so hard that they dont move...well not supposed too. my guitar hasnt gone out of tune for a month or two. there are also fine tuners on the bottom (bridge) to do minor tuning adjustments.
Fender American Telecaster (60th Anniversary)
Egnater Rebel 30 Head/Cab
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
Quote by racerXazn
if u look there are like 3 screws. each screws down a small metal plate that is screwed down as tight as teh bottom on your best friend's sister, and that "locks" the strings into place. its like a small metal peice pressing against the strings so hard that they dont move...well not supposed too. my guitar hasnt gone out of tune for a month or two. there are also fine tuners on the bottom (bridge) to do minor tuning adjustments.

I think you're talking about a Floyd Rose double locking trem system, different thing.
Quote by racerXazn

isnt that a floyd rose? with a locking nut and bridge and everything... idk how just the locking tuners work though
^You explained a locking nut.

Locking tuners eliminate the need to make all those winds around the tuner. The hole clamps shut very tightly on the string.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Last edited by jthm_guitarist at Nov 6, 2007,
Locking tuners usually have a wheel that you tighten when you have the guitar in tune that clamps the string so it doesn't slip.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
oh dam my bad...i read it wrong sorry.

yeh FacingUsAll got it right....sorry i'm really tired xD
Quote by KaneIsRaw13
So do locking tuners keep the guitar from going out of tune?

in a sense yes. i dont have any guitars with it, but at the store im going to work at they havnt had to tune this one guitar with them for half a year xD
nothing keeps a guitar from going out of tune. all they really do is clamp down on your strings so you don't have to make multiple winds around your tuning pegs. locking tuners help a bit, but not all that much.
Will locking tuners keep the strings in tunes all right after some light whammy bar action? Considering its one of those non locking bridges, like on strats.
You may want to consider getting a roller nut also.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I've been told that as long as you know how to properly string the guitar, locking tuners aren't all that necessary. A friend showed a way to string my guitar that a few people I know think is weird, but it seems very stable to me and haven't had any problems with stability whatsoever. He got it from http://www.stringthis.com/howtostringu.html.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
locking tuners helped my tuning stability a lot on my strat, especially using the tremolo. You only need a partial wind around the tuning peg when they are lockers. This allows the tuning peg to still get most of the force instead of the lock, but also eliminates other winds. When the strings go slack from using the trem, they can't catch on another wind and affect the tuning.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by KaneIsRaw13
So do locking tuners keep the guitar from going out of tune?

yes, but so does stringing up properly.

http://www.stringthis.com/howtostringu.html

i've been telling people to use this method for so long, and its just been posted in this thread by someone else, which is nice.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.