I played one today, kind of bad conditions to play in tho. sounded pretty nifty tho, especially the acoustic, anybody else have any opinions on them? especially owners
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
ewww
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Quote by timzee117
ewwww

*tear* so...well informed *sniffle* so...informative *wipes tear away* i thank you
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
erm...anyone?
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Last edited by bored_maniac33 at Nov 7, 2007,
I've got the 700 and it's great.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
the 700 is just a wee bit out my price range, but yay! a response!
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
The 600. Just a better wood and finish and maybe better battery. The pickup mechanism said is the exact same thing with the lower end 300 model.
Of course the acoustic modeling is amazing on this guitar, but the for money I pay extra I could just get a good acoustic instead.
The upper model 700 is beautiful with very fine build. Too bad (again)with the price tag I would just go for a good Gibson.

A set of a any variax guitar and a POD amp modeler is a very good set, though.
Quote by hminh87
The 600. Just a better wood and finish and maybe better battery. The pickup mechanism said is the exact same thing with the lower end 300 model.
Of course the acoustic modeling is amazing on this guitar, but the for money I pay extra I could just get a good acoustic instead.
The upper model 700 is beautiful with very fine build. Too bad (again)with the price tag I would just go for a good Gibson.

A set of a any variax guitar and a POD amp modeler is a very good set, though.

pod XTLive or X3 Live would be the best options..

also the people who went "ewww", should stop being bandwagon noobs.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
how would a variax compare to a similarly priced epiphone? what i rly want this for is that im looking for a guitar that can do a lot of everything (i play anything from country to death metal at any given moment) so would this be good for that? or should i jsut spent 800$ on getting a nice fender or epiphone?
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
If you really want to cover lots of styles with the minimum gear and money, and with the best results, yeah, Variax + POD is the way to go. The 600 is the exact same thing as the 700, just with another styling (I prefer the 700's PRS-like look, but the 600 is pretty nice too), so yep, it's worth the money. And then, get also a POD (unless you can get a Vetta II amp, then you can be done for life!) and you won't need to buy anything else in a long long time.

I say it for experience. My old teacher has the older Variax 500 and a POD XT and the array of sounds you can get is incredibly wide.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
I just don't like the look of Variax 300 and 600.
If Line6 release a Les Paul version I will surely fall for it.
Quote by hminh87
I just don't like the look of Variax 300 and 600.
If Line6 release a Les Paul version I will surely fall for it.

lol well see i love the classic colors you can get on the 600, especially that blue
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
how would a variax compare to a similarly priced epiphone? what i rly want this for is that im looking for a guitar that can do a lot of everything (i play anything from country to death metal at any given moment) so would this be good for that? or should i jsut spent 800$ on getting a nice fender or epiphone?

I've never gotten my hands on the 600, but everyone says the models are the same. Having said that. If it sounds like my 700 then it will be hard to get a better value in that price range. I can match the tones of a friend of mine MIM strat (tex mex pickups) almost exactly. So you got that tone right away. It would really come down to the build quality of the 600. If it's decent, having 25 different guitars in 1 goes a long way with practicing any kind of music you want.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD