Page 1 of 5
Have you ever listened to an album from start to finish, and you just feel a little bit...different at the end of it? I've had a few albums that whisked me away to a different world, but the most recent album that did this to me was The Wall. I'd just heard the hit songs until I got off my ass and bought it, and it was really good (even though I was a little disappointed that it didn't have enough Gilmour influence, especially on the 2nd CD).

Are there any albums that touched you guys like this recently?
Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

Shoopin' that whoop since before you were born, son.
Quote by xLoGit3k
Michael jackson if you catch my drift haha

God damnit. I was gonna say michael jackson.
well i cant say that happened to me for just one album

i once had a megadeth marathon where i just listened every megadeth album from start to finish.. i really heard how they progressed from killing is my business to united abominations.

ever since then every song/riff i write.. sounds very megadeth inspired to me
mastodon's blood mountain always hits me. anything that elliot smith wrote will change you forever
not really an ablum but jason becker and eternal nightmare by vio-lence
CHECK OUT MY BAND!
myspace.com/protestingmodernlife

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG320DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Digitech Metal Master
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Yamaha Acoustic
Quote by xLoGit3k
Michael jackson if you catch my drift haha

haha
Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

Shoopin' that whoop since before you were born, son.
I've had a few in the past couple of years. When I was around 7 or 8 I listened to pretty much nothing but Phil Collin's "No Jacket Required," Styx' "Grand Illusion," and Starship's "ten years and Change." Back in Junior High the ones that really killed me were Collective Souls "Dosage," SP's "Mellon Collie," and Oleander's "February Son." The last album that really took me somewhere else was Toad the Wet Sprocket's "Fear",,,though I listen to their greatest hits more often.
Gulag Orkestar made me want to be moustachioed man. But sadly I could not become one, decent facial just does not run in my family.
:stickpoke
Last edited by Banlieue at Nov 7, 2007,
stone temple pilots-core

the elective joe satriani-joe satriani
Bands I've seen live:

Def Leppard
Journey
Tool
Testament
Megadeth
Slayer
Mastodon
Deftones
Alice in Chains
Foo Fighters
Rodrigo y Gabriela
Mirrors by Misery Signals does that for me. I get chills when I listen to a few songs on it.

Also, to a lesser extent, Mer De Noms and Thirteenth Step by A Perfect Circle are like that.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
When I was 10, Metallica's Black Album really pulled me into metal, and now my I-Tunes is polluted with Metal, (And it inspired me to pick up the Guitar)
LET FREEDOM RING WITH A SHOTGUN BLAST!
Fear Before The March Of Flames - Art Damage
Metallica - Kill 'Em All
Himsa - Courting Tragedy

Those pretty much sum them all up for me lol.
The Doors greatest hits

after 2 cds i felt like taking on the world...
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Oprah: now billy where did the album touch you?
Billy: on my pee pee part
Oprah: sons of bitches
TAKE OFF YOUR PANTS AND JACKET!.... really. im serious. i didn't like blinks self title that much... but toypaj blew me away. after hearing the song "time to break up" i was all like. wow. thats so like my last girlfriend. then i laughed till my lungs gave out with the following song F.A.D.. but the songs are meaningfull but clever at the same time. not like new emo. like stuff you can actually relate to.
The Wall - Pink Floyd
Dark Side Of the Moon - Pink Floyd
Any Given Thursday - John Mayer
In Step - Stevie Ray Vaughan
Texas Flood - Stevie Ray Vaughan

There is lots more, but I cannot think of any more at the moment
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
zao-where blood and fire bring rest and peace
mxpx-slowly going the way of the buffalow
minor threat
blink 182-dude ranch
the cure-kiss me, kiss me, kiss me/head on the door

edit: blinks not emo whosamerica their pop punk. just a fyi.
The Divine Wings of Tragedy, Twilight in Olympus, and The Odyssey
The Human Equation, Into the Electric Castle
The Phantom Agony

EDIT: Forgot about Time Out
Last edited by Quintessence153 at Nov 7, 2007,
10,000 Days - Tool
Quote by Nor'Easterbass
alucardmik is actually from the outer rings of jupiter and likes to drink goat milk while rubbing his nipples counterclockwise. so i hear...
[quote="edit: blinks not emo whosamerica their pop punk. just a fyi.[/QUOTE"]

have you even listened to take off your pants and jacket?
listen to
-story of a lonely guy
-time to break up
-stay together for the kids

im not saying that its bad. but last time i checked "emo" meant emotional. and this stuffs more emotional that anything hawetrone heights has ever written.
appetite for destruction
the wall
the dark side of the moon
electric ladyland
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
well..yeah there's a couple that do that for me:

The Piper At the Gates of Dawn - Pink Floyd
Epicus Doomicus Metallicus - Candlemass
lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven by GYBE!

it's so inspiring, and so long...so beautiful, i can listen to it for 1 whole hour and feel like i've been only listening for 5 minutes, every moment on it make syou feel inside it.... almost perfection
"the rise and fall of ziggy stardust" - david bowie.

it's one of those albums that everyone should hear. it's what rock & roll should be.
Grace - Jeff Buckley
OK Computer + The Bends - Radiohead
O - Damien Rice
we know a place no spaceships go
Blood Sugar Sex Magik- Red Hot Chili Peppers (some very controversial and political issues are in this album, which makes it a very powerful experience)
Good News For People Who Love Bad News- Modest Mouse (The life, death, and rebirth idea of this album was great)
The Moon and Antarctica- Modest Mouse (This album was a really interesting experience)
One Hot Minute-Red Hot Chili Peppers (I'm not sure what to say about this album, but it was an album I can listen to over and over again)
Wish You Were Here- Pink Floyd (This album is awesome, enuff said)
Dark Side of the Moon- Pink Floyd (same as wish you were here)
The Division Bell- Pink Floyd (This album was a great listen, to me it kind of seemed like it was about society trying to rebuild itself)
In Rainbows- Radiohead (It was more of an intellectual experience to me)
Everywhere and His Nasty Parlour Tricks- Modest Mouse (Just an awesome experience)
Electric Ladyland- Jimi Hendrix (an album which takes you on a ride, the songs are so far out there and it's a great album to listen too)

I have others.... but ya.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Page 1 of 5