The amp is totally overpriced, there are better for the proce. Look into peavey for a better cheap amp.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
well im not getting it from there, ill most likely see if my local guitar shop here has it. Ill look into a peavey though.
The epi looks good and feels good when you havent tried anything else. I got one and sold it after one week owning it. I hadn't looked around later found out that for a little more not that much, you can get a ton better guitar i went with Ibanez and contrary to people who dont like them i do. People shoudn't look down upon guitar brands if they dont like them. Guitar owning if a matter of style and preference.

My comments wont help but may be you should look for something better. Because at three months you'll be playing too good to waste your time on such guitar....
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1 (moDE)

Ibanez Electro-Acustic

Zoom G2.1u

Roland Cube 60
Vox AD50VT 2x12

And A Great Passion!

Best Spanish Rock Band IS and WILL always be "Heroes Del Silencio"!!!!!
- Marshall MGs are very poor.

- Same goes for Special-II's

The absolute lowest LP anyone should touch is an Epi LP Standard. Even then, you need to spend time and effort finding a good one. Next step up from that would be a Tokai, Vintage or Agile copy (quality in that order).

An Epiphone Valve Junior combo amp would be a better choice of amp. Then, either spend the time looking around shops for one of the rare good Epi LP Standards, or look into ordering a Tokai or Vintage LP copy (and if you can't get either of those, look into Agile).
Well, what kind of music do you play? That will make a huge difference in what people suggest to you.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
metal stuff i guess.

Im really liking Fall of Troy and the Number 12 Looks Like You, so math core kinda stuff also?
Quote by which ones pink
^Then what I suggested will work quite well, both the guitar and amp are metal oriented.

Sadly...I agree. If you play that kind of music with that heavy fuzz, tone isn't a huge factor, and an MG will be desireable for you anyhow.

Not to mention you're a beginner, and theres nothing wrong with going easy on spending. Anything in that pricerange isn't great.

But I'd still go for a roland microcube for versatility and spend an extra $30, personally. You may want some different tones eventually, then all of a sudden the MG's suckage will shine.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by which ones pink
^Then what I suggested will work quite well, both the guitar and amp are metal oriented.

Yup, go with that stuff. You won't regret it at all.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Quote by which ones pink
I think you've got the wrong forum, the regulars here will tell you that that's a horrible setup.

Here's a much better one:
Ibanez RG321
&
Roland Microcube

Still in your $400 budget too.

+1, that setup is a really good rig for a beginner. The guitar has good wood and a good neck to upgrade on later. The amp won't need upgraded till you start jamming/gigging.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
go with ibanez for a guitar.

im no pro, but ive gone through many guitars, and i can tell you now... you can get a very good starting ibanez for like $200 that will last you years if need be. i also have an epi LP special II and although it felt nice at first, the sound, and feel of it seems to diminish much quicker, and it cost more.

so why the hell not get a longer lasting, better sounding guitar for less???

but then again. if you plan on playing guitar for life, and making it a big part of your life... you might as well save up and get yourself a nice 6-700$ guitar. so you can keep it and get used to it over time. then when it comes to gigs, youll have a decent sounding guitar that you arent afraid to throw around a little.
If you're going to go for a small amp, there's nothing better than the cube.

I wanted to buy a Les Paul Special II when I started. I'd go for a second hand Epi Standard instead for a similar price.

Trust me I own an MG10. It's ****ing rubbish. The only MG I'd touch is the MG100DFX Head.
Gear

Guitars -
ESP V-500 w/EMG 81/85
Jackson Mark Morton Signature Primer

Amps -
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 60 Head
Marshall MS-2 Mini-Amp

Pedals -
Line 6 PodXT Live
Blackstart HT-Dual Valve Distortion
Last edited by BadgerX at Nov 7, 2007,
Quote by BadgerX
If you're going to go for a small amp, there's nothing better than the cube.

I wanted to buy a Les Paul Special II when I started. I'd go for a second hand Epi Standard instead for a similar price.

That was a quick edit

Anyway, yes, the Microcube is a very nice amp and the RG321 eliminates the biggest problem with cheaper Ibanez guitars: the trem.

Quote by BadgerX

Trust me I own an MG10. It's ****ing rubbish. The only MG I'd touch is the MG100DFX Head.

Actually, that would be the worst MG of them all. The main problem with lower end SS amps is that the sound starts to break up after a certain volume; so you won't be able to reach very high volume levels if you give a damn about your sound.

Also, the sound is pretty much that of the cheaper MG's, the stock speakers in the cabinet aren't anything to write home about and it's just as unreliable as the smaller versions, but since the smaller versions are mainly practice amps, meaning that if it dies, it doesn't really matter (it's annoying, but not a disaster), while the head and cab are going to spend much more time on a stage, where a broken amp can be more than just annoying.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Nov 7, 2007,
hey well thanks for the input guys

but

the microcube running off a battery? that seems a little crappy to me.
It CAN run off a battery if you want to busk with it or just sit in the garden jamming but it also comes with an A/C adapter. They're great little amps for the price.
"It's not a beard, it's an animal I've trained to sit very still" - Bill Bailey
Quote by beznet

but

it can run on batteries if you want too, but you can use ac power too (the ac adapter is included)

Dont buy the MG, ive had an MG before and it was horrible.
Last edited by Jayez at Nov 7, 2007,
Quote by beznet

but

Its not limited to only batteries...I have one, it CAN run on 6 AA batteries for awhile, but loses volume capability after a few hours and starts stuttering. It comes with an AC adaptor which works fine. I've had mine over a year and works like a charm still.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by BadgerX

Dude, the only difference between the MG10 and the MG100 is that the 100 has 10 times as many watts, they sound exactly the same.
Quote by which ones pink
Dude, the only difference between the MG10 and the MG100 is that the 100 has 10 times as many watts, they sound exactly the same.

hahahah,yep true...BadgerX,you got totally jacked....
and yeah...i got a mg15? ain't that good of an amp...but it will do for a year or two...before i replace it with a Vox AD30VT
lol thats exactly what i bought recently (epi special 2 + mg10) It good for me just starting out on electric, but the distortion is horrible on that amp, maybe get a different amp or a cheap multieffeects pedal. Its good anyway.
Jacked, noobonzone? I'm sorry I have no idea what you're going on about.

Like I said, it's the only MG I'd bother with, the rest aren't even worth the time. If tweaked to the right settings the MG100HDFX sounds reasonably decent, nothing great, but decent.
Gear

Guitars -
ESP V-500 w/EMG 81/85
Jackson Mark Morton Signature Primer

Amps -
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 60 Head
Marshall MS-2 Mini-Amp

Pedals -
Line 6 PodXT Live
Blackstart HT-Dual Valve Distortion
Quote by bokuho
- Marshall MGs are very poor.

- Same goes for Special-II's

The absolute lowest LP anyone should touch is an Epi LP Standard. Even then, you need to spend time and effort finding a good one. Next step up from that would be a Tokai, Vintage or Agile copy (quality in that order).

An Epiphone Valve Junior combo amp would be a better choice of amp. Then, either spend the time looking around shops for one of the rare good Epi LP Standards, or look into ordering a Tokai or Vintage LP copy (and if you can't get either of those, look into Agile).

Tokai are not below vintage and Agile. A Japanese Tokai is easily on par with a Gibson LP standard. In fact, in my opinion, they sound far better than the new chambered bodies that Gibson are using.

Why are all these people commenting on hear-say and swearing it as the truth.
Just reccomend/comment on what you've actually played.

Rant over...
I'd look at Vintage however... they're pretty nice for the price, unless you want to spend a little more and go down the Japanese Route.

Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.