how do you tune down into c# tuning for song such as scream (avenged sevenfold)?
if its c# standard tune down all the strings 1 and a half steps down

if it's drop c#, down tune all strings 1 step down, and the low e string down tune to c# (1 and a half steps down)
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
oh yeah sorry i meant to say drop c# (drop d and down half a step) so how do i get into that?
Save yourself the time and don't play stuff by Avenged Sevenfold.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
It was a joke. I hate them.

If you really want to know... First you want to drop tune the highest 5 strings down half a step.

To do this follow these instructions.

Fret the 2nd string at the 4th fret, tune the 1 string down until the 2 strings match in tone.
Fret the 3rd string at the 3rd fret, and tune the 2nd string down until those 2 strings match in tone.
Fret the 4th string at the 4th fret, and tune the 3rd string down until those 2 strings match in tone.
Fret the 5th string at the 4th fret, and tune the 4th string down until those 2 strings match in tone.
Fret the 6th string at the 4th fret, and tune the 4th string down until those 2 strings match in tone.

Now, in order to tune the 6th string down to C# you will need to fret it at the 7th fret, and tune the 6th string down until its tone matches the tone of the 5th string.
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
get a chromatic tuner and from top to bottom the strings should be Eb, Bb, Gb, Db, Ab, Db... not incredibly hard to figure out. dont forget that in every dropped tuning the 4th string is one octave higher than the 6th string.

but quite personally im a fan of dropped A#, E standard, and drop D. i dont listen to much else.... A7X is overrated. but i am IN LOVE with synester gate schecter. its a freakin tonal marvel!
Last edited by whosamerica at Nov 7, 2007,
Quote by whosamerica
get a chromatic tuner and from top to bottom the strings should be Eb, Bb, Gb, Db, Ab, Db... not incredibly hard to figure out.

That ruins the epic-ness of my post.
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Quote by andy_h04
oh yeah sorry i meant to say drop c# (drop d and down half a step) so how do i get into that?

well my pervious post explained it but if u still dont get it:

You tune down each and every string 1 whole step (one full note down

the high e tuned to d
the b tuned to a
the g to f
the d to to c
the a to g
the low e to d

however, since it is drop c#, you downtune the low e string (which is now in D) another HALF step (half a note) down, so it is C sharp or D flat

nad now your guitar is in drop C# tuning!

hopefully you get it and good luck with the song.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by OThugSd
That ruins the epic-ness of my post.

+1
not to mention he doesnt write (or type i guess) the correct intonation for drop C# tuning
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by OThugSd
It was a joke. I hate them.

If you really want to know... First you want to drop tune the highest 5 strings down half a step.

To do this follow these instructions.

Fret the 2nd string at the 4th fret, tune the 1 string down until the 2 strings match in tone.
Fret the 3rd string at the 3rd fret, and tune the 2nd string down until those 2 strings match in tone.
Fret the 4th string at the 4th fret, and tune the 3rd string down until those 2 strings match in tone.
Fret the 5th string at the 4th fret, and tune the 4th string down until those 2 strings match in tone.
Fret the 6th string at the 4th fret, and tune the 4th string down until those 2 strings match in tone.

Now, in order to tune the 6th string down to C# you will need to fret it at the 7th fret, and tune the 6th string down until its tone matches the tone of the 5th string.

thanks man. sorry about that lol i was kinda cranky!
Drop all the stings down a full step.
And then drop the 1st sting down a further 1/2 step.

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
Avenged Sevenfold are more gay than a dinner table with Elton John, George Michael and Ian McKellen on it. Not at it, on it.
Gear

Guitars -
ESP V-500 w/EMG 81/85
Jackson Mark Morton Signature Primer

Amps -
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 60 Head
Marshall MS-2 Mini-Amp

Pedals -
Line 6 PodXT Live
Blackstart HT-Dual Valve Distortion
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
well my pervious post explained it but if u still dont get it:

You tune down each and every string 1 whole step (one full note down

the high e tuned to d
the b tuned to a
the g to f
the d to to c
the a to g
the low e to d

however, since it is drop c#, you downtune the low e string (which is now in D) another HALF step (half a note) down, so it is C sharp or D flat

nad now your guitar is in drop C# tuning!

hopefully you get it and good luck with the song.

Wrong.

Quote by stussy<>punk
Drop all the stings down a full step.
And then drop the 1st sting down a further 1/2 step.

Wrong also.

You tune the whole guitar down a semitone, so the tuning is Eb, Ab, Db, Gb, Bb, Eb (low to high), then drop the low Eb by another whole tone. This makes the tuning Db, Ab, Db, Gb, Bb, Eb - Drop C#/Db
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
I don't think the songs in that tuning... if it is, google a guitar tuner and match the pitch. =]
Quote by OThugSd
Save yourself the time and don't play stuff by Avenged Sevenfold.

+1

Gear:
-------------------------------
Guitar:
MIM Fender Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto
Cube 60

Quote by wyldedarko
Dude, if you already have the capo just put it behind the nut and it lowers everything.

n00bS....