I have been playing for about one year now and every once in a while need inspiration to keep myself deciplined and going. I found something that should motivate anyone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJrDAALG9yk

This is after 2 1/2 years I can only hope that I can play like this gifted person in such a short time. Bravo! If you look at her other performances, you will see that this lucky young lady got to play on stage with Steve Vai himself!

Chris
Last edited by RCShadow at Nov 7, 2007,
My inspiration for playing the guitar is the nonstop riffs playing through my head on an 18 hour basis.
If I spent 2 and a half years practicing THAT ONE SONG, I still don't think I could do it as well as she did.
Quote by reeseh
My inspiration for playing the guitar is the nonstop riffs playing through my head on an 18 hour basis.

That's called Slash-Syndrome. Slash said that was the most frustrating part, having a riff in your head and not being able to get it to the fretboard (Guitar World, July 2007).

Chris
Quote by RCShadow
That's called Slash-Syndrome. Slash said that was the most frustrating part, having a riff in your head and not being able to get it to the fretboard (Guitar World, July 2007).

Chris

Damn, I know how that **** feels.

I've written a few riffs that sound pretty good, but nothing like what this girl did. I've only played for one and a half years, but I don't know if I'll be that good in a year lol.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
All hail Yasi, maybe she should come around here and teach us her ways of playing!

Only bad thing is she sounds too much like Vai.
Teh Gear:
Squier Affinity Fat Strat
Digitech RP-350
Roland PA-250
Old custom made 1x12" cab x2

No. 1 Digitech RP-350 recommender

Linux users UNITE ! ! !

I WANT THIS ! ! !
Here she is playing with Vai...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6aIyngOn5w

Vai said "...you can play up here but you can't play better than me....otherwise I will have to kill you..." LOL!!

...very inspiring Next time I am not doing the things I should with my practice time, I will think of her and get motivated. I watch some of my favorite artists when I feel this way...Brian May comes to mind .

And guys...this young lady is only 14 years old!

Chris
Last edited by RCShadow at Nov 7, 2007,
She has a good setup from the sounds of it! Lucky bitch... lol If she's 14 her parents bought it for her, wish I started at that age :p
Quote by RCShadow

Chris

I wouldn't call it that. Before I even started playing guitar, or had an interest in it, I constantly had songs playing in my head that I've listened to, and it's still like that. Sometimes I wake up at 3 am for no reason, and I start hearing some sick guitar solo, and I can't go to sleep. It's like an amp right next to my ear. I think I need to see a psychiatrist.