Page 1 of 2
They were probably bored and were like... hai guyz! Lets think up the most ridiculous lawz!
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
9. It is illegal to enter the Houses of Parliament in a suit of armour (three percent)

epic lolz
Have At You!!!
You are now blinking manually
I think that there is also one that if King Arthur ever comes back, the current ruler has to abdicate the throne.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Lol Wut???!!!
Rig:
MIM Fender Strat

Vox V847A Wah
Dunlop JH-F1 Fuzz Face
Boss DS-1
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9 x2!!!
Boss Passive A/B Box
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss Volume Pedal

Marshall 4203 Artist 30Watt Tube
Epiphone Electar Tube 30
10. In the city of York it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow

now where can i find a bow and arrow.............................
Quote by chimneyfish
"death-metal is the best when its in the shape of a dildo and shoved in my ass"

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
I like the last one

"HEy McCorester hold this Bow and Arrow"
"AYE"
STAB
"YE BASTERD< IM GUNNA DIE AGHH OH MY GOD"
"we in York its legal"
"DAMN YE!"
3. In Liverpool, it is illegal for a woman to be topless except as a clerk in a tropical fish store (six percent)
ya gotta love it lol
I am me. Live with it.
Quote by DeAd-RiP
3. In Liverpool, it is illegal for a woman to be topless except as a clerk in a tropical fish store (six percent)
ya gotta love it lol

*runs to tropical fish store*

I don't think there are too many tropical fish stores in Liverpool. Sadly.

Awesome, I love these stupid laws e.g if you jump off a building in New York it is punishable by death. Also it is illegal to go whale fising...in Ohio =/

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
My cousin told me (never bothered to try and confirm this) that taxis are legally required to carry a bale of straw around. Dating back to when taxis were pulled by horses, naturally.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Some of these are stupid. Some of these arent that bad given that they would obviously have been made hundreds of years ago. Still funny.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
In Scotland, if someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your toilet, you must let them enter

This came up in a thread the other day, apparently you are not obliged to give them toilet paper
1.Hop on plane to Liverpool
2. Go to tropical fish store...
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Most of these laws were probably created out of boredome. Or just because they're funny.
The.
Probably some freak incident after which they thought "damn that could happen again"...so they made it...
6. A pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants, including in a policeman's helmet (four percent)

Greatest law ever?
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
lmfao yeah ive heard some of these before. Speaking of ancient laws, has anyone seen this?? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2002/12/16/ndvla16.xml&sSheet=/news/2002/12/16/ixhome.html
Quote by rebelmidget
your pubes are like the amazon rainforest and your body is planet earth. trim a little here and there and your life will be more comfortable
but cut down the whole damn forest and mother nature is going to cut you

Nah, most date back to when they actually mattered (except the Fish shop one, cant for the life of me work that one out)

I think a similar one applies in Chester where it is/was legal to shoot at welshmen with a longbow from the town walls after dusk
yeah ya can kill a scotsman in carlisle if he is armed aswell
You Are More Likely To Be Devoured Than Empowered By Your Own Sense Of Romance
You should take a scottich bloke to York, go to a gift shop and buy him a bow and arrows, and if you dont like him, kill him. I think it's awesome thats legal.

"The Purple-Shirted Eye stabber"
"I don't care what you say, I don't care what you do. I'm not gonna be a mud hippy... like you!"

In the link i posted i love the fact that he challenged their fittest and strongest champion, as though they regularly enter into death matches!!
Quote by rebelmidget
your pubes are like the amazon rainforest and your body is planet earth. trim a little here and there and your life will be more comfortable
but cut down the whole damn forest and mother nature is going to cut you

Quote by Jens57
You should take a scottich bloke to York, go to a gift shop and buy him a bow and arrows, and if you dont like him, kill him. I think it's awesome thats legal.

Its quite strange. I mean if it happend now would the person get away with it? You would think so but I dont know if they would get away with it

PSN ID: ArranP
10. In the city of York it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow (two percent)

Let's invite some scotsmen into york for some fantasy roleplaying ^^

████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by merabharatmahan
Probably some freak incident after which they thought "damn that could happen again"...so they made it...

actually, these are either old laws or they're there because law is based upon precedent.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament? What are they going to do? Throw the corpse in a cell for a few days, awaiting a crown court hearing?
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
In Scotland, if someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your toilet, you must let them enter (four percent)
I'm going to go to Scotland, and pee in every toilet in the country
Quote by SavageNights
Illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament? What are they going to do? Throw the corpse in a cell for a few days, awaiting a crown court hearing?
That's exactly what they are going to do.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Lol I was going to create a thread almost identical to this one the other day but never got round to it - I'd heard the one about pregnant women and a version of the killing a Scotsman one, and the taxi one. I also heard somewhere that when you get out of a Hackney cab, you are allowed to take a piss on one of the back wheels (can't remember which one, might have been right), providing you have paid your fare.

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
It makes me worry about how they punish your dead body...
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
It is illegal to avoid telling the tax man anything you do not want him to know, but legal not to tell him information you do not mind him knowing

LOL!

I hate the tax man so.

There are dumb laws everywhere. It just shows that the electoral system of the times when these laws were instated were flawed. Just look at the Patriot Act. It really gives us no freedom, and just has the name Patriot on it to rally support. Time will tell on some of these current laws I guess.
Quote by fireball85
lmfao yeah ive heard some of these before. Speaking of ancient laws, has anyone seen this?? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2002/12/16/ndvla16.xml&sSheet=/news/2002/12/16/ixhome.html

If right by combat was legal in the US...

No one would ever dispute the US Mail...
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Page 1 of 2