Well this is a sort of combo question. first off...i bought a behringer starter pack because i inherited a guitar and i wasnt allowed to play it until i had learnt the basics of guitar..well anyways the amp i got with the pack is called a GM-108 by behringer obviously, now i have had no problems with it at all it has been reliable and sounds relatively good compared to what i heard about behringer equipment. anyways first question is is a roland micro cube heaps better than this amp or would the difference be minimal. and second i have been looking at getting the roland micro cube what are your thoughts and do you recommend another amp instead of the microcube for around the same price.

i realize that was long enough to read so thanks for reading and any help would be great.

Cheers,
Chris
This should be in the GG&A forum, but to answer you question, yes. A microcube will sound heaps better than a behringer. Not sure about other amps in that price range tho.
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
soz about wrong section. ok im pretty much 99% sure im gonna get a microcube. but i also heard about a vox da5...just dont know how good they are or how pricey they are.
well, try em out first if you arent sure. Choose the one that suits you best.

where abouts in Australia are you?
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
The Behringer does sound like ****!

u can't notice it cuz u've probably never played through other amps (i own one but stopped using it over a year ago).

Both of the amps u mentioned are ok, but take into account that they're good in their respective areas. Go for the micro cube for a metal sound, otherwise get the other one for a lighter sound.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
@BFun, Perth

@evening_crow, LOLS he he i found that funny ok looks like im going with the MicroCube. would the microcube also play other types of rock more like acdc aswell as harder stuff, more metal stuff.
Out of curiosity, what guitar did you inherit?
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
just a friendly reminder:

both the amp you have and the roland are solely practice amps, good for nothing but practicing by yourself. consider a low wattage tube amp which you can perhaps mod and eventually use in the studio someday.

might i suggest the epiphone valve jr.?

just my bit of advice.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
nah i dont think u should get the microcube. it will sound better, but u already have an amp, and as a beginner u dont need an awesome mind-blowing sound, i suggest u stick with guitar, make sure u rly like it, and upgrade then, to a bigger amp for band practice and gigging (mic'd i guess). and chances are, u can't rly tell how good or bad ur beringer sound is, i know for sure i couldnt when i started playing.
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
i just want a better practice amp. oh and my inherited guitar is a wilson 1970's semi acoustic.
Quote by sirAbe
i just want a better practice amp. oh and my inherited guitar is a wilson 1970's semi acoustic.

P.S. low wattage tube = practice amp with good tone.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
^ Yep, low watt tube amp gets my vote. And don't forget to check out pawn shops, I missed a Fender Princeton a while back, couldn't afford it, $225 US. Stay way from anything with under an 8" speaker.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...