So ive noticed that when i strike an open string then bend up or down on another string while the first is still ringing, the sound from the first string fluctuates. Any idea whats going on with my guitar?
My stuff:
Gibson SG (for playability.......and looks)
Mexican Strat (for some reason i have two)
Hohner HW440G-TB Acoustic/Electric
Is it a flyd rose or similiar type of a bridge?

Normally on floating bridges bending up and down on the string can cause the bridge to move back and forth.
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
If you have any sort of trem (fender, floyd, prs etc...) the bend pulls up the bridge a little(as if you were pushing down the arm slightly) so the pitch of the other strings drop.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by Metal_Injection
Is it a flyd rose or similiar type of a bridge?

Normally on floating bridges bending up and down on the string can cause the bridge to move back and forth.

One of the main reasons I traded my old ESP with the floyd rose. Unision bends would always **** up.
Yeh, thats normally a problem with floating bridges. Some trems like the ZR on ibanez S's dont do this though. Which is great. What ESP was it?
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
ESP LTD EC1000VB
Quote by Uncle Fonzie
One of the main reasons I traded my old ESP with the floyd rose. Unision bends would always **** up.

you could have got a tremsetter to solve that
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
whats the point though? Would be a pain setting it up, then taking it off. Might as well just get a better trem.
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
ESP LTD EC1000VB
Quote by Metal_Injection
whats the point though? Would be a pain setting it up, then taking it off. Might as well just get a better trem.

i don't think you understand what a tremsetter does really.
Its a one time retro-fit installation that works in a similiar way to the zero point system in ZR trems. It doesn't stop any motion, it just makes sure the trem returns to its standard point.

And no matter what trem you have, the laws of physics will say this will always happen unless you lock down the trem or provide a lot of resistance to motion.

The other option to combat the downsides of a trem is to install a tremol-no. Again a retro-fit and you just have to turn a dial on the back to turn the trem into a hardtail, dive only or you can leave it in full-floating

Also the ZR trem will do the same thing as a normal trem when you remove the zero-point bar in the back.

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by DagMX
The other option to combat the downsides of a trem is to install a tremol-no. Again a retro-fit and you just have to turn a dial on the back to turn the trem into a hardtail, dive only or you can leave it in full-floating

But even in dive-only, unison bends will still go wonky, so a Tremol-No is not the way to go here. The Hipshot Tremsetter (or ESP Arming Adjuster, which only adds extra resistance to pull-ups. However, they're not sold outside Japan due to patent issues)
Quote by Pikka Bird
But even in dive-only, unison bends will still go wonky, so a Tremol-No is not the way to go here. The Hipshot Tremsetter (or ESP Arming Adjuster, which only adds extra resistance to pull-ups. However, they're not sold outside Japan due to patent issues)

yeah i know, thats why I listed both above.

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by count schizo
So ive noticed that when i strike an open string then bend up or down on another string while the first is still ringing, the sound from the first string fluctuates. Any idea whats going on with my guitar?

You could be hearing beats, it's perfectly normal and an inherent phenomenon with sound waves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beat_%28acoustics%29

You can use beats when tuning between two strings, as you get very close to the same note beats will occur, the faster they are the further away from the target note you are the faster the beats, as you get closer they slow down and disappear when the two notes match.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com