Poll Options
View poll results: Are you Satisfied with your tone
Yes
96 39%
No
150 61%
Voters: 246.
Page 1 of 3
no. i'm trying to work out all these things. i try my best everyday to get good tone for that day. good tone that day isn't the best tone tomorrow. it sucks.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Tone always changes, espically when you gig cos mr. sound guy likes to **** with it through the desk.
when you have a ****ty frontman 15 watt amp, the word "tone" doesn't exist in your vocabulary.
I am extremely happy with my sound, when I can crank the amp. However, I can't really do this often.

My cleans need some work, I just haven't bothered dialing those in yet.
WTLTL 2011
What is this "tone" you speak of? I seem to have none.

Yea, my tone sucks, because I have a sh*tty guitar and a cheap bass amp. But who cares, I play for fun, not for tone. I'll upgrade eventually, when I have a few thousand dollars to spare.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I love mine.
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
It could be better
Quote by The Spoon
i wasnt wikipediaing blow job okay, it just happened

Quote by primusfan

one time i fucked a sofa.

Quote by Draken
Freedom of speach?

on a private website?

Based in Russia?

i'm sorry comrade, but you fail.
Yes. Thank you Dimarzio!
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
I like my tone, but it could be so much better.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by whalepudding
I like my tone, but it could be so much better.

+1
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
It depends. My sound will be amazing the one day and I will be ecstatic, and then, the next day, I'll hate it, even though nothing has been touched since the last time I have played. I do love my tone from my pedals and guitar most of the time though.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
I like my tone, but it's too dirty and muddy. I'm going to be happy when I get enough money for a Peavey 5150/6505 though!
One day, I'll have a Tony Iommi Gibson SG with his signature pickups, and a sexy Marshall amp. I will then achieve the Sabbath sound and smile with joy.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
no~still looking for that sweet sweet juicy tone
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
The neck pickup on the JTk2 is kinda bad, and I'm willing to bed an emulated roland jazz chorus sounds as good as the original.
I'm pretty satisfied with it, but I can't seem to get alot of different tones.. I have a Les Paul and a Vox amp and 3 effect pedals but every setting is so much alike.. I change the treble and bass settings sometimes offcourse but it ends up sounding exactly the same.
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
Despite my pitiful rig I do most certainly love my tone, although at higher volumes I would prefer something with more than 10 watts, its still good for what I need, nice punchy, solid distortion with a nice low end and edgy highs. My cleans are a bit too sterile and it gets all funny sounding at loud levels but otherwise its decent
Yeah, kinda. A step up from my current gear would cost a lot, so I'm satisfied for now.
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
i like it, though id like a fuzbox and a tube based pedal capable of making my amp go alitle heavier (not like metal but like, crunchy modern rock).
yes ive found i pretty good tone.
esspecially considering the equipment i use to get it is really not top notch.
But im upgrading soon.
although i cant turn it up loud enough for gigs while remaining the tone, so its only good for recording.

but its a yes from me
My tone is absolute ****. It's not even my gear it's my sloppy playing. I've been trying to fix it for weeks but I still feel like I was as ****ty as I was when I started putting in effort.

/rant
I have a Fender Frontman 15 watt. My Digitech pedal helps it a lot though.
my tube amp produces the best clean sound, i don't like the natural distortion it has, but with pedals i can get the tone i'm looking for
no, i'll be happy with my tone when I get a vox ac30 or a jsx and a custom carvin
Failure is a far greater teacher than success.
Unified

Gear:
Schecter C-1
Peavey Classic 30
Roland Cube 30
DD-3
Ibanez WD-7
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
I'm happy with my tone at this point, it's my playing that I'm working on mainly.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
Happy with my tone? HELL NO!

But it seems like my guitar sounds great through any amp except mine. I really need to upgrade that piece of trash
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

-George Carlin
I'm happy with my tone when it's loud, but I live in an apartment, so I rarely get to turn it up.
Spastic Ink
Im satisfied, but I would still like it if it was to be better, so basically, it could be better, but 'it does' I guess is the best way of summing it up, tbh my ear for tone isnt as great as some, I know great tone, good tone, mediocre tone, shabby tone and atrocious tone...but other than that im sorta 'meh' about.
I get a pretty awesome sound recording direct into my PC, but in real life it sounds ****.

I just need a decent sounding amp, so I'm not just using pedals through my crappy 10 watt thing
I'm happy with mine, except I could probably do with a bit more gain. The cleans on the other hand...woah, just, woah.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
I'm happy with my rhythm tone for the most part, but I can't seem to find/create a good tone for solo-ing.
Page 1 of 3