Hey Hows It,

I'm Brandon and i've recently moved country. I'm 17 and really had no choice to move here with my family first of all is because i couldn't possibly afford to remain in Aussieland by myself.

My parents said they are trying this country for 12 months atleast and if they like it they are going to stay permanently and the signals i get from them right now is that they ARE
planning on staying.

So my problem is that i have no idea where i go from here, my smart parents moved to an area that has an unemployment rate consisting of only 50 people in this area so that means no jobs are available for me which means no money which means I'm stuck. I missed out on going for my car license because me moved too soon and now I can't afford to go for a test over here and now i can't travel by means of my own transport.

So without money, without a slight chance of getting a job here and without a car to travel to a job if it happens that i magically manage to get one, I want to know what you guys would do to build your way up to going back to a ya home country keeping in mind the situation I am in and the situation of this area?

Cheers In Advance.
What part of New Zealand? From your post it doesn't sound like a big town like Christchurch or Auakland
take some nice pics and create a nice travel website for the place. you could probably get some help from the local government. create travel packages for aussies that could be purchased through the site. learn up on the local history and offer fully guided tours.

that's my serious suggestion.

or you could just get a guitar and get really good at it.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Quote by staticoverdub
take some nice pics and create a nice travel website for the place. you could probably get some help from the local government. create travel packages for aussies that could be purchased through the site. learn up on the local history and offer fully guided tours.

that's my serious suggestion.

or you could just get a guitar and get really good at it.

Perhaps something like that, but if he's young I'm not sure anyone will take him up on his offer to guide them around the place.

I'm in a very similar situation myself, having moved before I got my driver's license and ending up in a small town with no avalaible jobs. I'm on student loan and sell some pics occassionaly.

And sometimes I steal from the count who's living nearby.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Got a post office nearby?
Seriously... I Have the answer... You ready?
Here it comes...

Ebay.

Now wasn't that anticlimactic, but seriously, you could try make a killing selling crap on ebay, import it from asia then resell it, start of with small amounts at first, as you get more money, but more stuff and eventually you'll have... Well a lot of stuff, or a lot of money.
What exactly are your parents doing if there are no jobs?

Quote by staticoverdub
take some nice pics and create a nice travel website for the place.

Yeah, and fill it up with ads, then you'll have some income

If you can't physically earn money, earn it off the internet.
You DO have the Internet don't you?
Last edited by TreeFiddy at Nov 7, 2007,
actually, i think you could make quite a bit importing japanese made guitars from japan.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Quote by TreeFiddy
You DO have the Internet don't you?

Well I hope so, seeing as he's talking to us on UG right now.