Lovestock, one of the men to originally introduce the idea of global warming, has recently come out with a new statement. Before his beliefs were that we were on a tilting point but would have another 50-100 years to correct ourselves, now he thinks otherwise. His newest comments have strucken fear amongst the scientist population as a whole, and because of so few believe him. His new theory, is that we have surpassed the tilting point and are now on a collision course which will hit in 2012.

His belief is that by 2010, about 40-60% of the current population will have been whiped out as the sea level will rise over 20 feet, and heavy rains, bigger storms, and more droughts hit the human race. Of course, he also found tyhat in 2012 we will hit solar cycle 21, which will of course speed up the process of global warming drastically and predicts that 13 years from now, in 2020, the human race will be back into the middle ages. "This is the end of times, not the world, but the end of the world as we know it," he claims in an interview. He has also stated that nearly all attempts will be futile. Swithcing to hybrids will do nothing, cutting down on power plants will do nothing, using windmills will do nothing.

His claim is that we should no longer prevent global warming, but get ready for it by enforcing northern towns which will be greated by millions of immigrants, especially in Europe as he says that nearly 60% of Europe will be truend into a new seharra desert. And that towns such as New York, New Orleans, and Las Vegas are already doomed to drought and increased water levels. His propsed reaction to at last slow the process is to use nuclear power, and immediatly shut down all other power plants immediatley. He also says we should stray from natural foods and use such foods as "Quarn", a bioengineered fungus that is edible. He also boasts at how computer models are wrong, due to the fact they are based off the creators opinions instead of the past actions of the world. His biggest fear next to global warming though, is simply the aftermath.

As he says, the end of times will put us in a new stone age, all techs, knowledge, etc. will be lost. So, he fears of the warlords and anarchy that will happen afterwars and the wars and tribes that will come after the climax as Earth enters yet another Ice Age. Finally he stated, "This is not so much a wayt for mother nature to kill off a dominant species, bu to put it back in its place."

So, anybody scared?

Searched and didn't find anything so hope it's not posted already
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
He's going to look really stupid in a few years.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I think I know where he got the 2012 idea... Plagiarizing bastard...
Quote by DrkNTwstd
darkangel, you are a smart man. no flame shield is necessary.

Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore"
^yeah, normally prophets make predictions for things that will happen long after they die.
Quote by GlamSpam

I developed a thought experiment to explain why you can't remember anything before you were born:
Oh for the love of pete ...Global warming has bored me to the point where if it gets much worse, I'm buying a hummer & putting a coal-fired stove in the boot to act as a chimney as I go.
The story made me lol though.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Another global warming thread. Yay...

And when the world is doomed, he can have my share of "Quarn". Bioengineered fungus. Yummy!

If ever there's a food shortage, I'm just gonna eat people. Not fungus. Yeck.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by cocacolabottle

As he says, the end of times will put us in a new stone age, all techs, knowledge, etc. will be lost.

i understand that backwards thinking etc. forced the dark ages, but i think we're at a point now in our civilization, with such great technology, that when we have more deserts, we're not gonna through all knowledge out the window.
it's quite absurd.
Quote by phoenix_88
i understand that backwards thinking etc. forced the dark ages, but i think we're at a point now in our civilization, with such great technology, that when we have more deserts, we're not gonna through all knowledge out the window.
it's quite absurd.

I think what he's saying is that we won't have the resources anymore to create technology when this happens.
Quote by DrkNTwstd
darkangel, you are a smart man. no flame shield is necessary.

Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore"
Hmmm, 2012, that's quite a daring claim.

Normally, people play it safe by predicting the end, you know, a bit further down the road. This way most people will have forgotten you/your claims.

Oh well, I guess 2012 isn't to bad, we've still got a good 4 years as an advanced civilization left, so let's make the best of it

Also, I highly recommend investing in a decent acoustic and a hundred sets of strings.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Nov 7, 2007,
2012!

By that year we'll be dead by... Help me out here.
Some kind of apocalypse because the Mayan calendar ended.
We will pass to the lower 1/2 of the solar system and the magnetic poles will flip, or some crap.
Polar Ice caps will melt, 50% of the worlds population are dead.
The sun will also reverse its poles, presumably the sun will emit some kind of heat... oh no...

Oh wait, heres a list of stuff that will kill us in 2012.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012#Metaphysical_predictions

I can't wait...
Also, I highly recommend investing in a decent acoustic and a hundred sets of strings.

This man is a genius !
load of rubbish! anyway go back to the dark ages wouldnt be that bad...i would finally have the chance to be a master swordsman! lol
MY GUITARS:-

Gibson Les Paul standard
Ibanez NDM2
Ibanez s470dxqm
Ibanez AEL40 (electro/acoustic)
Fender DG-5 Acoustic
20 odd years ago people thought Britain would enter an ice age if we didn't increase the use of fossil fuels.
When altitude dropping, my ears started popping. One more red nightmare...
Where did you find this because I can't find anything on someone called "Lovestock" ?
people would already be wiped out by radiation if the heat got that strong by 2012 so who cares
Quote by GNR's Fan
Where did you find this because I can't find anything on someone called "Lovestock" ?

+2012

who the hell is this lovestock? I thought Svante Arrenhuis was the first person to predict global warming.
does anyone know of a good sword smith!? lol i best start training in the art of sword play, just to prepare myself for the dark ages!

Gibson Les Paul standard
Ibanez NDM2
Ibanez s470dxqm
Fender DG-5 Acoustic
Quote by rednightmare
20 odd years ago people thought Britain would enter an ice age if we didn't increase the use of fossil fuels.

Yup. That's why I LOL at global warming.

PSN ID: ArranP
Sounds like a Mayan to me...
Why look a man in the eye when you can shoot him in the back?

If you can't convince them; confuse them.

Quote by smb
I think anyone who hasn't cheated hasn't lived.
Quote by savier
does anyone know of a good sword smith!? lol i best start training in the art of sword play, just to prepare myself for the dark ages!

DIO! lol
Quote by savier

how awesome would that be... roll on global warming!
Quote by Diamond Dave

how awesome would that be... roll on global warming!

I know yea i would have some seriously mean armour! lol with a 5 foot longsword strapped to me back! mwhahaha

Gibson Les Paul standard
Ibanez NDM2
Ibanez s470dxqm
Fender DG-5 Acoustic
Quote by denizenz
I think the antarctic ice caps hit an all time high last week. That's all time, as in never before seen at that level of freezing. Anyone catch that in any of the hype? I doubt it.

No one will see that because it will destroy any plan to bring in extra taxes and control over the population with scaremongering.

Edit: This is how I think.

Quote:
:: coughs :: All my research into claims about global warming and lack of global warming have lead me to believe that humans are stupidly following media campaigns organized by environmentalists designed to scare the **** out of us into supporting them with cash donations. And that on the whole we do not know enough to say if the Earth is warming or cooling, or if we are hallucinating it all due to the urban heat island effect. (My personal opinion is that it's scare mongering, like what happened with DDT, and silicon breast implants. CO2 is good for plants, thus more plants would grow, as more plants grow they alter the albedo of the earth so that it absorbs more heat, as the earth warms up more water evaporates so there is more cloud cover. Clouds reflect or trap a lot of solar radiation, and cause more rain fall. More rain falls is good for the plants, thus they grow more, and thus there is more warming, balanced by more cloud cover, and some of these clouds hail ice on Antarctica which adds an additional cooling effect, and the entire thing acts like a pendulum over decades or centuries. And our scientists, or at least those that the media will qoute, are too busy looking at the trees to see the forest... or maybe they have their heads so far up their nether regions that they are unable to use commonsense to deduct that the entire thing is going to act like a pendulum with temperature fluctuations over decades and centuries. That, and I think an article I read said that carbon dioxide was increasing at all of a whopping 1.9 Parts per million... 1.9 millionths of a percent of the atmosphere... giving carbon dioxide a whopping 380 - 390 parts per million total in the atmosphere. Why do I not see the big danger in such a microscopic increase?

Last edited by apmaman at Nov 7, 2007,
Quote by apmaman
No one will see that because it will destroy any plan to bring in extra taxes and control over the population with scaremongering.

Aye...

People will believe anything if they're spoonfed it...

Quote by darkangel24
I think what he's saying is that we won't have the resources anymore to create technology when this happens.

*if
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Aye... Apmaman has hit the nail on the head - nothing fills a company's OR a government's coffers more than panic-buying. It also gives the governments a nice shield to hide behind when people start to wonder what they've actually done to help the country after however many years in power - Can imagine reading between [Current British Numb-nuts/Prime Minister] Gordon Brown's next 'Green' Speech 'Yeah, we may not have done much to improve day-to-day life, but here, look at the pretty solar panels!!!'
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Also, did anyone catch the fact that one (or maybe more now) of the scientists that work for the IPCC, who were given a Nobel prize for their findings on Global Warming, has turned his share of the prize down? He just up and decided that he wants nothing to do with it because he believes most of the data has been misconstrued in order to meet an agenda.
this is al gore, and im so sorry to tell you this, but It is a danger to mankind! I have discovered... a half man, half bear, half pig. We must together destroy the manbearpig, im super serial!!!! excelcior!
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Quote by denizenz
Also, did anyone catch the fact that one (or maybe more now) of the scientists that work for the IPCC, who were given a Nobel prize for their findings on Global Warming, has turned his share of the prize down? He just up and decided that he wants nothing to do with it because he believes most of the data has been misconstrued in order to meet an agenda.

Seriously?

Quote by apmaman

Seriously?

Ya, I can't find the story right now, but I was not joking.

Actually, here is one article on it:

In recent weeks, we've seen a resurgence of hard scientists who have come out strongly against the warm-mongers, the latest of which is Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change member John R. Christy. In an op-ed in today's Wall Street Journal, Christy tells the world that not only does he believe it's unproven that humans cause global warming, he's refusing his "share" of the Nobel Peace Prize that he was awarded because it was based on a misunderstanding of science.

An excerpt from this must-read op-ed:

I've had a lot of fun recently with my tiny (and unofficial) slice of the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize awarded to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). But, though I was one of thousands of IPCC participants, I don't think I will add "0.0001 Nobel Laureate" to my resume.

The other half of the prize was awarded to former Vice President Al Gore, whose carbon footprint would stomp my neighborhood flat. But that's another story. Large icebergs in the Weddell Sea, Antarctica. Winter sea ice around the continent set a record maximum last month.
Last edited by denizenz at Nov 7, 2007,