Mesa 2x12 and 4x12 Recto cabs

Pedals

Peterson Strobe Tuner
Budda Wah
Ibanez TS-808
BB Preamp
Framptone Amp Switcher
Chandler Tube Driver
EHX Deluxe Memory Man (I think he uses two of them)
wow, andy timmons kicks major ass, that is a phenomenal tone! clean yet dirty and not really sounding like most mesas
I'd really like to see him live one day... if he ever does clinics/shows other than Texas and Florida!
LET THERE BE PICS!!

Just in case you can't make out what's on the board, he's using...

Peterson Strobostomp
Budda Wah
Xotic RC Booster
Xotic BB Preamp
Dunlop JH-OC1 Hendrix Octavio
Two EHX Deluxe Memory Man Delay pedals

Not included in the picture is a Carl Martin Compressor (this pedal is always on and usually sits on top of the Lonestar if not beside the pedalboard) and a Butler Tube Driver...here's a few more pics of his board and how it's changed over the past few months...

And his amp settings from one of his clinics in August...

Although I don't have any pics of it, I can tell you his rack contains a GCX controller unit, a TC Electronic G-Force and he usually packs a Line6 POD Pro for his gigs with Olivia Newton John and Leann Rimes, but he removes the POD for most of his own shows.

I figured I'd share the wealth since I'm a Timmons nut and it took me forever to find all of this information.
Last edited by TwoString at Sep 30, 2008,
Ahhh! So the white box was an Xotic RC Booster, I've been wondering what that was. So he's using the Dunlop Octavia pedal now too? That thing isn't bad at all, played around with one when we got two in a few months back.
Quote by Guitarmiester
Ahhh! So the white box was an Xotic RC Booster, I've been wondering what that was. So he's using the Dunlop Octavia pedal now too? That thing isn't bad at all, played around with one when we got two in a few months back.

It's been in there at least since "Resolution" since it plays a pretty big role in the song "Hellipad". Another update...there are several clinic and other performance videos that show the POD in his rack, but his tone is mainly the Lonestar. I know in the studio he used a few vintage Marshalls, but live his tone is the same if not better through the BB Preamp/Lonestar chain.
I know he's been using that RC Booster, I could never make out what it was. I've been saying Timmons for G3 for a while now, that'd be well worth seeing. It'd be nice to see Timmons get a bit more exposure, he's such a phenomenal player too bad more people don't know about him.
Quote by davedoom
just from that youtube vid, im investing in a BB preamp - thanks Andy!

Yeah, that BB Preamp is a monster. I've got a schematic for it, but I haven't had a chance to make a layout for a build.