Ive been playing guitar for almost two years now, and i can play plenty of stuff but i really want to be able to sit down and write a song that just sounds great, i know plenty of scales and modes but no matter how i try it never seems to come out the way i want, can anyone give me any tips on how to get that melodic sound instead of just a boring sound...i can't really explain the type of sound i have now, i just know it isn't what i want.
to get a melodic sound you can just come up with a simple chord progression or a little more of a complicated one(they both sound good) and its not very hard. The main thing that will make something melodic is Arpegiating which is playing the strings individuly. If you do that while changing chords and doing small things like lifting your Index finger up when playing a C while arpegiating it will sound nice, and other small things like that.
thanks ...a lot of times i think it may be the fact that im listning to myself play so i naurally think it sounds bad i duno
Train your ear and then play what you hear in your head....you know what you like
mess around with open chords and arpeggio them but shift thema ruond the neck, they can sound really cool and melodic