^ Says the guy who plays an Epiphone

Although, I don't really like artificially aged guitars. People got them to look that way after decades of playing. If I'm going to spend thousands of dollars on an instrument, it's going to be in new condition. It's the same way that people buy pre-frayed, pre-torn, heavily faded jeans...doesn't make any sense to me.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Nov 7, 2007,
Quote by Countach
why would one person have so many crappy guitars?

this from a n00b with an epi ... another F for you.
Quote by Dirk Gently

Although, I don't really like artificially aged guitars. People got them to look that way after decades of playing. If I'm going to spend thousands of dollars on an instrument, it's going to be in new condition. It's the same way that people buy pre-frayed, pre-torn, heavily faded jeans...doesn't make any sense to me.

its ironic though that if you damage an aged/relic'd guitar the price doesn't go up...

out of curiosity, lets say someone famous buys like a blackie replica. He then ages it even more and gives it a hell of a lot more dings, what would the replica of his guitar be called?
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by DagMX
its ironic though that if you damage an aged/relic'd guitar the price doesn't go up...

out of curiosity, lets say someone famous buys like a blackie replica. He then ages it even more and gives it a hell of a lot more dings, what would the replica of his guitar be called?

what ever the company wants to call it,
maybe the guitar players name that used it and replica
unless this so called blackie replica is already a famous persons custom then then name wonr hange if its the same guitar.
Quote by Dirk Gently

hey dont mess with epiphone

anyway...+1 for that matter...i really would want a new guitar if im spending 12000 bucks (andy summers sig) for it
and to me artificial ageing always looked..well, artificial

anway, nothing against the fender custom shop

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Very nice, very nice.

Although this isn't as impressive as the PGM collections on the Racer X forum (that is, if you like PGMs )
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
I have never been a fan of Fender guitar I used to collect Gibsons but usually never custom shop guitars. Once in a while even though I hated them I would buy a Strat or Tele if I got a deal just to turn over for a quick buck. I did keep a Jag or Mustang here and there for a while I kind of liked those. This guy has to be loaded! Those are not cheap and there are a lot of them.

I agree with the distressed guitar I pride myself on keeping my guitars in good to excellent shape. Why buy one that looks like crap just because it's a copy of someone elses guitar?

Thanks for posting even though I am not a fan I love seeing other people are just as bad as I am. LOL

I do love old Fender basses they are some of the best! I was the owner of a vintage Fender fretless Precision bass.

John
pfft, i get to see racks of custom shop guitars every day.

sorry, had to.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by Dirk Gently

nicely played
As the not-so-proud owner of a 54 "Masterbuilt" Strat, I'd have to say -- what
a colossal waste of money. Between Fender & Gibson "Custom" shops I'm not
sure which one is the bigger rip. Probably Fender because when you get down
to it, a Strat is about as "no-frills" as it gets.
I would kill for any of those.

I'd also kill that Epiphone noob.
Guitars Fender Highway 1 Telecaster, Vintage VS-6, Yamaha C-40 Classical
Amps Laney VC15, Crate GT212 *FOR SALE*
Pedals Fulltone OCD, Vox V847, Marshall The Echohead, EHX Small Clone, Korg DT-10

Member of the Laney Cult
oo very nice.. ive seen some of those pictures on the fender forums.. he has a good collection, i wonder how good he is.
reach in the darkness for what you can find travel great distance in your mind.
Quote by XibanezedgeX
That thinline tele is so nice!
Don't care for the binding on the neck or the gold Fender logo (overkill) though...

Edit: +1 on the PGM collection

This one is even more outrageous (although it doesn't include Telesavalas):

Quote by Ippon
I'd like one of these:

*Loads-a-pics*

I've been wondering what those rosewood Telecasters play and sound like ever since I first saw one.

They do look very nice though, that's for sure.
i saw a few racks of neat strats from the CS today. rosewood with gold hardware. i wanted to stop and take a look, but i was running late
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!