I have an OLP-SB4, and for most music it's pretty well rounded. But does anyone know of a good bass for metal for about $300-$500?
Epi LP Custom SILVERBURST

Quote by thefitz

Hold it like you hold a Crunchwrap Supreme.

Official Chiodos Fan of the Bass Militia
PM DinkyDaisy to Join
^ *Reported* ^

TS, I'd look at some ESPs and Ibanez in particular. Look on musiciansfriend.com but make sure you try them out before you buy.
signature
Quote by thechrishendrik
I was looking at the ESP B-154, what do you think?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-B154-Bass?sku=513737

Or should I get the 5-string for metal?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-B254-Bass?sku=513741

+1 on the 5-string. Most metal if with 5-string basses or detuned basses. Tuning to c-f-a#-d# is easier on a 5-string, you just tune it up! + you have an extra g#!
I'd recommend anything by Ibanez or ESP, they are great basses for a great price.
And for the question of the five string, I must ask, what kind of metal? Metal is such a huge genre, some subgenres require 4 string, others 5 and other 6. He'll I play metal and I use a 5 string tuned EADGC. But I'd recommend the 5 stringer, even if you are not using that B string, you can use it as a thumb rest until you need it.

Superfaglicious, that was uncalled for. Thanks Bullet

EDIT: 14shades, that looks alot like the bass Tom Araya uses. Hardly emo, unless you were sarcastic and I didn't pick it up
Last edited by watchingmefall at Nov 8, 2007,
Quote by superfaligous
arent you ****ing emo?

warned. dude. seriously. grow up.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
EDIT: 14shades, that looks alot like the bass Tom Araya uses. Hardly emo, unless you were sarcastic and I didn't pick it up
you didnt pick it up?
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
Quote by 14shadesofblue
you didnt pick it up?

It's cool, I was looking for more of a turquoise than black, but you know, whatever works... ^_^
Epi LP Custom SILVERBURST

Quote by thefitz

Hold it like you hold a Crunchwrap Supreme.

Official Chiodos Fan of the Bass Militia
PM DinkyDaisy to Join
+1 on the 5. if you dont want the B string, you don't have to use it.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I agree on the ESP and the 5 in general and whoever that dude who commented on you being emo is sucks at life and needs to step outside his litle stereotypical box.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
I'd be prepared to spend closer to $500 + if you're upgrading to a second bass. After all, you don't want it to only be marginally better than your current one.