i am thinking of buying a boss gt8 but should i buy it or wait until they come out with a new gt series and if u know when they r tell me

thanks
I have a gt8, the only thing what I'm not quite happy with is the distortion, but I use the distortion on my marshall amp... the effects are ok tough^^

Lw
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Quote by Lord Waltaa
I have a gt8, the only thing what I'm not quite happy with is the distortion, but I use the distortion on my marshall amp... the effects are ok tough^^

Lw

hmm i like the distortion on mine but ive spent ages tewking it
so u can use the distortion on your amp or any other pedal and use the effects like a delay or a flanger from the gt8?
Quote by jackson rr5
hmm i like the distortion on mine but ive spent ages tewking it

well, I still think the distortion on my marshall amp is better than the distortion on the gt8^^

Lw
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Quote by EEF13
so u can use the distortion on your amp or any other pedal and use the effects like a delay or a flanger from the gt8?

of course! you'll loose some of your typical amp sound because the gt8 clean is different, but you can use the effects on your amp too.

Lw
Quote by EEF13

Yes, you can choose and mix any effects you want, in whatever order you want them in.

Quote by Fama
Can't you just bypass the amp modelling?

Yes you can.

Btw, some tips to easily get better distortion: Use Tone Modify with one of the resonators (put it after the preamp in the chain), play with the settings to find what's the right numbers for that patch. One of the weird things that I've found that sometimes can help (and sometimes makes it worse), is actually the Acoustic Simulator (no joke). Then of course there's the EQ, which can do a lot to remove some of the "fuzz".

This (except the Acoustic Simulator) and a lot more, I've learned from the people in the forums at http://www.bossgtcentral.com, give them a visit.
Quote by whoismilan
Yes, you can choose and mix any effects you want, in whatever order you want them in.

Yes you can.

Btw, some tips to easily get better distortion: Use Tone Modify with one of the resonators (put it after the preamp in the chain), play with the settings to find what's the right numbers for that patch. One of the weird things that I've found that sometimes can help (and sometimes makes it worse), is actually the Acoustic Simulator (no joke). Then of course there's the EQ, which can do a lot to remove some of the "fuzz".

This (except the Acoustic Simulator) and a lot more, I've learned from the people in the forums at http://www.bossgtcentral.com, give them a visit.

Whoa, where'd you come from man!!

Tone Modify is an effect you will ALWAYS have on if you use the amp simulators. That effect really shapes up the amp models and gives you an amazing tone for a modeler. If you haven't checked it out yet, take a look at my GT-8 thread (link in sig)...it's a lot to read, but I've answered a ton of the common questions and a few of the oddballs in that thread. You should be more than educated once you read through that.