Hi,

Which of the following left-handed guitars would you recommend for a complete beginner? Budget would be around 250 USD. I would focus on trying to learn mostly RHCP songs.

Epiphone Les Paul Special II Left-Handed Electric Guitar ~ $165
Squier® Standard Stratocaster Left-Handed Electric Guitar ~ $230
Epiphone G310 Left-Handed SG Electric Guitar $200
Ibanez GRX20L Left-Handed Electric Guitar $230

Also considered the Yamaha Pacifica 112L but don't seem to be available in the United States.

The Epiphone G400 is also an option, but would it be worth the $300+ it sells for?

Thanks for the help
hi and welcome on ug. id suggest you the squier strato wich can be good any genre or style. also the sg would be great, itll provide more quality as for the finishing and a fatter sound

edit: epi = better building quality than strato
Last edited by swinghead at Nov 7, 2007,
Try and look for the Cort G250L aswell as the Pacifica 112JL IMO you should get a HSS guitar so it can do funk better
Legra
RMC Wizard Wah
Blackstar DistX
Modded SD1
Phase 90
ZVex Fuzz Factory
WH4
Laney VC30 112
Roland MicroCube
YouTube!
Irishman of the Laney Cult
Quote by stangconv
How about this...

Lots of leftys here

Haha, the designs on that site made me laugh real hard. The only reasonably cool looking thing was the les paul with the floyd rose.
If you are just starting guitar, take my advice. Learn right handed. It's much easier to find guitars. I also think playing lefty looks fugly IMO. I learned righty and I am so glad I did.

Also if you learn righty you can jam on your friends guitars.
Quote by gunther_sucks
If you are just starting guitar, take my advice. Learn right handed. It's much easier to find guitars. I also think playing lefty looks fugly IMO. I learned righty and I am so glad I did.

Also if you learn righty you can jam on your friends guitars.

I dont understand this thinking... I tried playing guitar when I was younger and my teacher told me to play right handed. I think I lasted a couple months then I quit because it wasnt comfortable, and it didnt feel right. years later I decide to buy my own left handed guitar and I love it. FEELS way more better.

As long as I can remember even before I played guitar when I "air guitared" I was doing i as a lefty.

I found some leftys and made some haha
Eh, to each his own I guess. Because of my lefty dominance I feel more connected to the instrument, as it is my left hand the chooses and frets the notes.

Not to mention guitar availability. I have probably owned over 15 guitars. Buying and selling gear is a big part of the fun IMO.
Quote by gunther_sucks
Eh, to each his own I guess. Because of my lefty dominance I feel more connected to the instrument, as it is my left hand the chooses and frets the notes.

Not to mention guitar availability. I have probably owned over 15 guitars. Buying and selling gear is a big part of the fun IMO.

So why dont rightys play the other way around?
Quote by gunther_sucks
Not the slightest clue. Doing what has always been done is not a reason to do what you are doing.

True, that helps my point. Just because the majority of people play right handed doesnt mean you should play that way. Play how it feels right. You will end up better for it in the long run.
Well, it doesn't neccescerily help your point. I would say a majority of left handers play left handed guitars. I never had a problem playing righty, and it is actually more comfortable to me.

+1 On the feel how it plays right. I never made a compromise, so I have never regretted it.
Just about any guitar in that price range isnt going to have a whole lot of quality. Never heard anything good about the LP specials or the SGs with bolt on necks. The squire isnt to bad. I saw where musicians friend had blem LP standards lefties for 240 bucks. And one of the advantages to playing left handed is your friends cant play your guitar.
Quote by Tackleberry
And one of the advantages to playing left handed is your friends cant play your guitar.

But then you can't play theirs either.