my band sounds really bad, you cant hear anything it sounds all muffled, we try turning down the volume but then it still sounds bad. what can we do to aid this muffled sound? also when we put in earphones it sounds clear, how can we replicate this sound into our live act?
Interesting...

Maybe its the room you are playing in is effecting the acoustics

or maybe you suck lol
Never fear, a sound engineer is here!

However, I need to know more. For instance, wtf are you talking about?

Where are you playing, what equipment are you using, etc...
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
^i agree with all of the above
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
what do you mean? are you playing through a PA system? maybe the bass frequencies are too loud, or maybe the instrument levels are un balanced e.g. one being too loud and drowning out the rest...
Dancing In Your Dust
if its muffled your tone might not be open enough
make sure all your guitar and bass tone knobs are at 10
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
dont listen to the last guy - diming out your controls in never the right option, unless of course it will sound good - which is maybe 1 out of 10 times. when you say you put in earphones it sounds clear....do you mean earplugs? it might just be so damn loud in the room that it is all muffled, i could see that happening. i know whnever i practice, if i dont wear earlugs everything sounds horrid because its much too loud for my ears without the earplugs.
it could be your crappy equipment, the room your playing in or just your musical talent. although i probably think its the 1st two
I love when people ask for advice, don't explain what they need help with, then never respond when people ask questions in order to try and help them.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
k thanks for the help and schinerman: i put this up less than an hour ago so ya. also i did mean earplugs, and were playing in a small room, and its the sound that sounds like ****, not the music. were not playing through a PA system, but can i use my input to a computor as a mixer thing to make a PA system? i have an alesis 8 track usb interface.