Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I didn't know whether to put it here or in the Electric Guitar forum.

Anyway, it's Christmas soon and I'm stuck between getting a new guitar or a new pedal.

My current guitar is a crap Yamaha ERG-121C, it sucks. Actually, it's not too bad soundwise, but the pickup selector is a bit dodgy.

My pedal is a Zoom G2.1u, it's not bad but the pedals (well, they're actually big metal buttons ) are getting pretty crappy and sometimes don't switch patch, and then when it does work it switches 2 or 3 patches too far. It doesn't do this all the time but it's a pain in the neck if it happens live. Actually, it's a pain live anyway 'coz of the patch system.

I was thinking about a Boss GT-8 for a new pedal, and an Ibanez RG321MH for a guitar (I don't really want a tremolo 'coz I'll break it and they look confusing ).

So what do you guys reckon I should get, a new guitar or a new pedal?

Cheers!!
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
Ahh, i have the same yamaha under my bed. I think...

**** it is.
However, amp is more important than everything, providing your guitar is playable, so what amp do you have?
Amp effects your sound more than guitar.
What amp have you got? If you wanna play well, have a good tone and everything then get a new amp man. Guitar isn't huge in tone, and pedals aren't vital.
Haha, my amp sucks.

It's a Behringer Blue Devil (GX112). Cleans are okay, but the distortion blows. I always use my pedal for distortion, it sounds pretty decent through the amp's clean channel, and I would probably only use the clean channel on a better amp since I use my pedal all the time.

But maybe if I had a better amp I might use the amp's distortion more.

I don't know now.

Cheers for the quick reply though!
That sounds a good idea but I play in a band and I really need the pedal for switching effects and distortion live.
Buy a footswitch? You can store models in the vox cant you etc? You could just pick up the Vox and get the footswitch for it, make a load of presets and youd be good to go for live situations easily.
Guys, his current amp IS a moddler. Not a good one, but still...

TS, check out a Roland Cube 60, or a Vox Valvetronix. If you think your amp is fine, the RG321MH is a good guitar.