This past week i just purchased a schecter hellraiser with floyd rose tremelo. i had been looking for a guitar for a long time and when i checked out this guitar at guitar center, it seemed perfect for me.

i would just like to get some advice on certain features that this guitar specializes in and that i should know about. because i have lately just been using the tremelo and practicing pinch harmonics and it seems like i dont know enough about this guitar. if you have experience with this guitar, your advice on helping me get the most out of it would be greatly appreciated
Last edited by rockstar4liife at Nov 7, 2007,
dude learning your instrument is part of being a musician

good choice of guitar tho

pour your soul into your playing you should be fine
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

ok thanks a lot. i was also wondering something. when i play this guitar with a clean sound, it echoes. is it the guitar that does that, or just my amp? i tried adjusting the amps settings but couldnt find anything causing it. its a Line 6 spider III.
for natural harmonics, u gota find the sweet spots on the guitar. mine are mostly on the g string(lol). but their usually all over the place. try hitting them over the fretwire and not on the fret.

harmonics dive bombs and stuff are awesome on this guitar.

for the echoing, try turning down the reverb.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
hmm, ok. i feel really stupid asking this, as i have been playing guitar for long enough to say im not a beginner, but what exactly is a dive bomb? and whats the reverb? i havent been playing electric that long so im clueless haha.
Quote by rockstar4liife
hmm, ok. i feel really stupid asking this, as i have been playing guitar for long enough to say im not a beginner, but what exactly is a dive bomb? and whats the reverb? i havent been playing electric that long so im clueless haha.

A dive bomb is when you dump the tremolo all the way down while the strings are ringing. Reverb is a kajigger on many amps (or a pedal/rack effect) that emulates room reverberation somewhat. Reverb is probably not your problem...

Try unscrewing the spring cover on the back and jam some tissue in there. Sometimes springs will ring out along with the strings on certain, and when you dampen the strings, the springs will keep vibrating, and this can be heard through the pickups.
oh i see. i thought a dive bomb was something a little more technical than that but i guess not

and i figured out the echoing problem. it wasnt the guitar, it was the amp. all my effects were turned down but somehow the tap delay button was still flashing (which signifies the rate at which echoing effect takes place). but i got it to stop. thanks for all the help though everyone