Evening all,

Basically I was looking at a Goo Goo Dolls tab (Black Balloon) and really liked the tuning (I believe it's Open C#) and the way it emphasises the open notes and really aided the acoustic sound. So, as always, I wrote a few riffs and composed this little song. It's been written in a matter of hours so it's not great, and as we all know, gpro doesn't really give a great acoustic sound...but anyway, have a look and see what you think. C4C as always

Cheers, Ben

PLEASE TURN OFF RSE - IT KILLS THE SONG!!!
Attachments:
open_c#acoustic.zip
Last edited by b101 at Nov 7, 2007,
That was lovely. Great melodies that all fitted well and well defined rhythm (very important in an acoustic song). Only thing I didn't really like about it was the part starting at bar 52, in which the two parts didn't really compliment eachother sometimes, there's a few clashes which you might want to reconsider. Aside from that it was beautiful, nice return to the refrain at the end.

(Thread for return crit's in my sig)
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Men, that was amazing! Please tell me when you have something. That at bar 52 wasn`t so good. Maybe replace the Db by a A? (normally G string 1st fret) But keep doing that!
yeah will be looking at the little bar 52 section later, just need something to slow it down before the bridge bit...
Very nice song, everything fits together. Good job man!

Please crit my song
It isnt done yet, but I'm working on it.

Greetings

Mr. Wallace