Check out my band Written In Red, and hopefully you'll enjoy what we have to offer.

We play a blend of music with influences ranging from Circa Survive to As I Lay Dying and August Burns Red. Our live show is passionate and uncompromising, and our EP titled "Remember To Breathe" has been finished!!

New songs are up on our Myspace page
www.myspace.com/writteninrednc

Enjoy

xoxo
Jon
Written In Red

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

UPDATE!!! NEW SHOWS ADDED!

Also, new songs for our upcoming full length are being finished up. We are currently playing new songs at shows as we finish them. The new Cd, to be titled "Burn The Sails" will be out this summer!! Come out and bring your A game!!
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Last edited by Bloodshed at Jan 31, 2009,
bump for new music on myspace!!
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
New show added!!

August 3rd- Chapel Hill, NC - Mansion 462 with Mercy Mercedes and more (462 W. Franklin St. Chapel Hill, NC)
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Normally I would provide thorough reviews of each song, but I'm dead tired at this point and still have a few other bands I'd like to comment on before heading off to bed, so this won't be quite as detailed as I normally would do.

I'm not a big fan of this genre, but your vocalist has a really good voice for this. I think your drumming could be a little bit looser and add in some more complex and interesting things because this kind of music can really use some intricate drumming.
Thank you for the review good sir. Which song was favorite/ least favorite?
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Wow! The vocals are amazing and I love the lyrics.
Raise your chalice my brother
Raise it high
To catch the fire that falls from the sky
Thank you mucho! Which songs did you check out?
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
okay so i suppose amnos theos is neato in the beginning so far... WTF?!?!?! ripping off chunks of flesh? holy crap thats crazy... that songs alright.
NEXT eschatology.... starts off nice, woah, uhhh. screaming always throws me off, i dont usually listen to this genre, but my dad does so im slightly familiar.
psalm 18, too slow for me right now, better, drums helps me out. hmmm, so peace....ful? no, wrong. well it sounds peaceful at least.
Between Falling and Flying, pretty intense right now, wow, i was thrown off because screaming didnt start it off... i like it better without screaming. pretty sweet.

yeah i didnt do all the songs but still, for your genre not shabby at all i think, but like i said, im definatly not an expert in this genre, but from my knowledge, its nice.

could you be so kind to comment on my band?
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=945407
I loved it. What does Amnos Theos mean?
The Wheel of Time turns. What was may be again, and what is may yet pass...
Amnos - Latin for lamb

Theos - Latin for God, which is where theology and other words with the prefix Theo or Theos

Amazingly, the mewithoutyou sound wasn't very intentional. Only two of us are fans of them in any sense of the word.

Thank you guys for listening so far, and for being honest, whether you like it or not. Constructive criticism is VERY welcomed. We are now looking for a new vocalist, as our singer vocalist is about to leave to do mission work in Sudan, possibly long term. New music is being written now that is more dynamic, and more powerful, yet hopefully more unique. I guess we have come a long way in just a year.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
By the way, Central NC peoples (or people willing to drive that far), we are looking for a new vocalist!!! See our myspace page for more info.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
REMEMBER TO BREATHE OUT NOW!!!!

ORDER YOUR COPY HERE!!
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by Peytonnn
mewithoutyou influence is a bit too apparent

bingo, i was gonna review but then i was like. is it necessary
sounds way too much like mewithoutyou, but between falling and flying is a really good song
Just listened to Eschatology. Excellent. Unlike most aspiring hardcore bands you guys have a concept of dynamics which adds so much to music. The screaming was done very well. It was understandable at least much as can be and not over done like is so often the case. Everything was very tight and a very high quality recording job. The only suggestion I really have to offer is try adding a little more bass guitar to the mix in the future. I couldn't pick it out even when I was listening for it. I think it would add a little more presence to the music if you could hear those nice low bass tones driving the great guitar and drum work. Your thoughts on my music would be greatly appreciated. Link to thread in sig.
THanks for the review. By the way, the mastered tracks (which I have been too busy to put on the myspace have LOADS more bass.

The mewithoutyou influence stems mostly from how our vocalist was. However he has just moved to Sudan as of today.

SOOOO...We need a new vocalist! Anyone in the central NC region is free to, and encouraged to try out. We are following the vein of our sound on songs like Between Falling and Flying and Eschatology. Two new songs have been written thus far.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Also I'm assuming most people are picking up mewithoutyou influence in Amnos Theos, correct?
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Also I'm assuming most people are picking up mewithoutyou influence in Amnos Theos, correct?

correct! haha. hey you guys have a great sound! how would i go about gettting ur CD in Australia? hey, if u wouldnt mind check out the thread i posted earlier promoting my band. you might be able to dig it =D. anyways yeah! keep it up!
If you go to the link for the CD I posted, Kunaki ships worldwide. Its $7USD plus whatever shipping comes out to. When I get some more copies in hand (first 200 CDs are gone!) I could send it as well. But the easiest would be to order straight from the distributer
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
i like!! i like!! lol.
Amnos Theos is sick as, as is Redemption!..very slightly remeniscant of brand new crossed with mewithoutyou crossed with beloved, that could just be me though (with the brand new influence).
good screaming as well, similar to an aussie band called The Amity Affliction, who are also good as. As someone said earlier, the beats may need a touch more complexity just to make the rhythms keep your interest a little more.
check out my band? similar influences (circa survive, underoath, emarosa, dance gavin dance) so you may like us - we have a thread in the pYb forum.
would be good to trade feedback =)
.. You Know Nothing Of The Crunch ..

Member #9 Of The 'The Mars Volta Fan Club'
Thank you much for the comments!

By the way, to those interested, we have a new drummer, and new vocalist/keyboardist. Justin (vocals) left us to do mission work in Sudan. While he has been there he has introduced our music to Sudanese radio. Now, heres the kicker. Eschatology is the number one song on one of Sudan's nationwide radio stations! Other songs like Between Falling and Flying, Amnos Theos, and Friendly Fist Fights are seeing rotation there as well.

Now that we are reestablished we are writing new songs. So far one of the new songs is nearing completion. Two more are currently in the works. Also this week Jared (guitar) is getting married. So we all hope he has a wonderful marriage! He is still gonna be playing with us. Tony (drums) and Tommy (keys and vocals) are on fire and the new material kicks! Think more intensity, and LOTS of dueling vocals. Cant wait to get some of this stuff demo'd.

Keep posted

JON
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
UPDATE!! NEW SHOWS ADDED

FEB 27th- Taking Back Lives Benefit with Burden Of A Day - Sarasota, Florida
Floridians come out and hang with us!! It will be our first time in FL

APR 25th- Disciple Now! - Pittsboro, North Carolina

June 29th - July 4th - CORNERSTONE 2009 - Bushnell, Illinois
This will be huge! We are playing 10 sets over 6 days!! Come out!!
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
man your music is awesome the screaming in eschatology was realy good you guys didnt over do it so it was perfect and the other two was pretty good too
Hey, where are you from in NC?
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
NEW UPDATE!!!

Written In Red will be recording 3 songs for a demo to show some of the new music slated for Burn The Sails to come out later this summer. The Recording will be done by Adam Ferguson (Alesana) at Unrivaled Studios. Keep posted for new music
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Who did your Kunaki art?

My band was looking for some help, we can pay a little if they have paypal.