I have recently bought an american Standard strat and am overall happy with its performance however im looking to upgrade the picks, because the stock ones i dont like and cant get alot of disortion with. I'd like some suggestions for replacement pickups that'll have good cleans and bluesy tones butt'll also go a bit harder (more humbucker sounding)!!!

Thanks,
Maybe throw a Seymour Duncan Little '59 in the bridge? Should give you a good, versatile guitar.
mini 59 or min JB in bridge and cool rails at neck.. woul be hot.. i haev same situation as you and thats what im probably gonna do soon
What amp are you using - that's more likely to be the source of your problem.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
No its not the amp i've tried this guitar with heavy distortion and it sounds weak...I'm more looking at something close to shred/metal or the closest thing a strat can go to that!
texas specials.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
Quote by boroboy
No its not the amp i've tried this guitar with heavy distortion and it sounds weak...I'm more looking at something close to shred/metal or the closest thing a strat can go to that!

What amp you using? Even if it's not the problem it still has a significant bearing on pickup choice.

NM...i've just seen all you're old and current "which amp?" threads....it's probably the amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Nov 7, 2007,