Hi there,
I recently got an adapter to plug my guitar lead into my MP3 player and then into the CD input on my amp hoping to get some backing tracks going.
But with the gain up full etc. i can bearly hear the track any ideas???? am i doomed to buy a pedal with drum machine built in ?

thanks!
All Wars Are civil Wars ....Because All Men Are Brothers
I think you got the wrong cable... are you going guitar > mp3 > amp?

If you are you only need a cable that plugs into your mp3 and has the white and red ends that plug into the amp, then you just plug in your guitar as usual, that should work.

EDIT: something like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philex-3-5mm-Phono-Personal-Audio/dp/B0009HC4O4/ref=sr_1_36/026-3363279-9989227?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1194465320&sr=1-36
Guitars Fender Highway 1 Telecaster, Vintage VS-6, Yamaha C-40 Classical
Amps Laney VC15, Crate GT212 *FOR SALE*
Pedals Fulltone OCD, Vox V847, Marshall The Echohead, EHX Small Clone, Korg DT-10

Member of the Laney Cult
cant you just play the backing track on your comp and play along
Quote by Pinky19
My guitar is so ugly, it makes me wanna punch a baby.
are you on about the "i jam" btw?
Quote by Pinky19
My guitar is so ugly, it makes me wanna punch a baby.
are you using rca (red and white) jacks?

if so, then you control the volume on the mp3 player, not on the amp itself. and you also need to plug a patch cord (or any instrument cable) into the amp's input, that's a necessity.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by Sharly
I think you got the wrong cable... are you going guitar > mp3 > amp?

If you are you only need a cable that plugs into your mp3 and has the white and red ends that plug into the amp, then you just plug in your guitar as usual, that should work.

EDIT: something like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philex-3-5mm-Phono-Personal-Audio/dp/B0009HC4O4/ref=sr_1_36/026-3363279-9989227?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1194465320&sr=1-36

Hi .... i have 2 amps 1 for use of guitar and a Peavey rage 158 for use with backing.
I have one of these adapters and a standard guitar lead

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...oductId=2103707

it plays but very very very quietly!
????? what have i done rong
read my post

and your link doesn't work btw.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by UnsignedRecords
are you using rca (red and white) jacks?

if so, then you control the volume on the mp3 player, not on the amp itself. and you also need to plug a patch cord (or any instrument cable) into the amp's input, that's a necessity.

Hi,
where can i plug the red and white Rcas into? there is only "INPUT, PHONES , CD INPUT" on the amp? no rca ports?

thanks!
oh jeeze, i just looked it up. it doesn't have rca inputs. i'm guessing you're using a 1/8" (headphone size for your mp3 player) to 1/4" (size of the cd input jack) cable. is that right?
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

ye thats right UnsignedRecords
any ideas why its not working?
Thankyouuuu
do you have the volume up on the mp3 player? it might work the same way as through rca jacks.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

yep volume all the way up on mp3 player and all up on the amp . seems to be a little louder when i plug it into the guitar INPUT instead of the CD INPUT this is strange :s
haha, hm... well it really should work that way. on my little 30watt crate amp, it gets pretty loud, so i don't think it's the amp's wattage at all.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

hm maybe its because its a second hand amp i got it pretty cheap ( £10) haha so it doesnt have the original speaker in ( supposed to be an 8 incher) but it has a 6 inch 15 watt Kustom one.
Iv just bought a 8 inch 40 watt celestion off ebay so hopefully thatll be a bit louder!!
wait and see i guess thanks for all the help anyway UnsRec
Prehaps the adaptors faulty, i did the exact same thing with my MG and ipod years ago through the CD input. Worked fine. However my amps CD input was attenuated I think so it was slightly less volume than normal. Try throught the regular input jack or maybe effects loop if your amp has one. Cant promise it wont break anything...
thanks becky and timi ,
yes the input jack is louder but still rather poor quality and u have to have gains fully up to have it half the volume i play guitar at!
If the CD INPUT is fauly on the amp is there anything i can do to fix it? take it apart maybe a wire has become corroded etc. its rather old amp
Thanks again
thanks every 1 its sorted now i figured out the adapter i have when i push the mono cable all the way into it it goes dead but if i pull it out half way it plays.... i think its to do with stero and mono connections.
but i play it half out itll do!
thanks for all your help