I was given a thing called a Soundette recently. I've managed to find out that it's an old Fender disc-based echo type thing but that's about it. Anyone ever heard of them? I'm just curious, don't know whether to keep it or not.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
From a quick search on the internet , it looks old therefore maybe rare? But defiantly keep hold of it, and try and do as much research as possible.
Guitars Fender Highway 1 Telecaster, Vintage VS-6, Yamaha C-40 Classical
Amps Laney VC15, Crate GT212 *FOR SALE*
Pedals Fulltone OCD, Vox V847, Marshall The Echohead, EHX Small Clone, Korg DT-10

Member of the Laney Cult
very nice. they werent actually made by fender, but they were made in the late 60s. pretty spacey sounding. unless youre an extreme collector of delay, id probably sell it.
There seems so little about them on the 'net, I'd love to find out more about it before I think about selling. It actually sounds kinda cool.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

Considering your screenname and avatar, I think you should hold onto it.

Oh, and pics, please!
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Black Keys forever! Wish they'd come to Belfast but it's not likely.

Pic:

Quote by RubberSoul54321
Black Keys forever! Wish they'd come to Belfast but it's not likely.

Pic

Wow, what a sturdy condom-carrier
Last edited by Horlicks at Nov 8, 2007,
Bizarre lookin thing isn't it? It's too big for a pedal board and I really don't know what to do with it.

It sounds sorta spacey and echo-ey. Hard to describe really.

It's really piqued my interest, especially since I can find out so little about it.

It is possible that it was once one of those things that wasn't really popular in its day, but is now quite desirable. It's also possible that it's worth about four pence and a lolly stick. But I wouldn't consider selling it if I were you - it looks awesome, and probably sounds it as well.
Actually, I think it's a bit f***ed. It hisses a lot and one of the knobs doesn't do much. You can hear that it must have sounded really cool in its day but I don't think there's a lot of life left. It's more of a curiosity really.

One of the pots must of gone a bit crappy which is understandable for the age of the thing. Take it to a local guitar shop/tech and let them have a look at it, I think it'll be cool to restore it to its original glory.
Guitars Fender Highway 1 Telecaster, Vintage VS-6, Yamaha C-40 Classical
Amps Laney VC15, Crate GT212 *FOR SALE*
Pedals Fulltone OCD, Vox V847, Marshall The Echohead, EHX Small Clone, Korg DT-10

Member of the Laney Cult
I'll get someone to check it out. It might be worth restoring.

I don't mean to impose but do you have any other pics? I sure would like to see the writing on the top (settings I guess??). Don't go out of your way, I am just curious .

Chris
Quote by RubberSoul54321
I'll get someone to check it out. It might be worth restoring.

Maybe. If you do get it restored and you aren't interested in keeping it, let me know
Quote by RCShadow
I don't mean to impose but do you have any other pics? I sure would like to see the writing on the top (settings I guess??). Don't go out of your way, I am just curious .

Chris

The writing's basically gone. What you see on top of the thing is just a linear decorative pattern. It's got 3 knobs that I've pretty much figured are (l-r) Volume, repeat and frequency. I think. The 3 black buttons, no idea. They change the sound but I can't be any more specific. There's 2 inputs, a footswitch socket and an output. That's it. That's why I'm trying to research it.

Quote by Denthúl
Maybe. If you do get it restored and you aren't interested in keeping it, let me know

No problem