Poll Options
View poll results: Smoking or Drinkin?
Alcohol
368 43%
Marijuana
494 57%
Voters: 863.
Page 1 of 9
Hey guys, yes I know that there is a drug thred for this but I want to get all of Uger's input on this issue. I have to write an assignment on Marijuana vs. Alcohol so I thought maybe some of your inputs would be good. Anyways take the poll and if you want, provide me with a reason on why you picked which one you would rather do.

Thanks alot
One Love

“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain” -Bob Marley
Uh...marijuana. No one has died from weed unless they're effing retarded.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Man, Mary Jane and Booze, eh? thats how i party
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Marijuana.

Its alot better for you and not as dangerous.
Quote by ep1kz
wtf? why didnt you punch one of them in the face or something? they're not girls, they are fat chavs, they are their own gender
alcohol, because i drink every now and again, and wold never do marijuana XD

cool
PSN: Noverion
Quote by Noverion
alcohol, because i drink every now and again, and wold never do marijuana XD

cool

Why not? Marijuana is much safer than alcohol.

I chose alcohol though, it's more fun drinking than it is smoking.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Well id never do weed cuz im smart, and i wont drink exsessively all the time cuz im smart

but weed should be moved back up to class b or whatever it was

alcohol age for pubs should be put down to 16 cuz then there will be less kids standing on the streets cousing trouble
Quote by Muphin
Why not? Marijuana is much safer than alcohol.

I chose alcohol though, it's more fun drinking than it is smoking.

because its illegal, and has led alot of my friends on to other things which has resulted in ****ing them up compeltely, and drinking can be good for you, as far as i know, like drinkinga bit everyweek, dunno why but yeah.

Marijuana is weed right, or have i grown up in stupidity?
PSN: Noverion
I had bad experiences with marijuana and good ones with alcohol so i vote alcohol.
Sensi, because there's no hangover, and I feel more in control while blazed than I do when ****ing wankered.

Both are good, but marijuana wins easily
Alcohol: legal, and a hell of a lot easier to get hold of. Very social too.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
too much weed can end up making people lazy, the chemical it releases in the brain causes so much **** mentally
having just got back from Amsterdam to the UK, it really opened my eyes as to how much better society seems to be over there due to the fact the drinking age is 16 and weed is available if u want it.. i mean alot of the problems we have in UK is due to under age drinking happening on the streets because they cant be in pubs etc, and the cost of weed here is rediculous so no wonder people go to crime to afford it etc. if it were available not as many people would do it, plus there wouldnt be the problems stated above. in reply to your poll i chose weed.
Gear:
Mesa Dual Rectifier
Mesa 4x12 Cab
Marshall 4x12 Cab

Gibson SG Standard + Bare KnucklePickups - Warpigs
Gould Les Paul + BKP's - Crawlers
See Through Acrylic Strat

Zakk Wylda Wah
Original Crybaby
Boss Flanger
Boss Phase Shifter
To splinter26, that's what I think as well. I think that the age limit and illegalizing marijuana is causing even more crime then when it isn't. Anyways thanks guys, let's keep the discussion going.
One Love

Beer, pot is just a little drug for on the go so if that's what you want then do some pot but If you want the better feeling and want to chill with some friends and dick around then get drunk.
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
ive never ever even had a drag of a fag, so im not gunna start on illegal drugs, yeah i admit i drink underage, but not often, and it will only get u a fine, not a criminal record
Weed all the way, drinking's an effort, smoking feels good.

Quote by uraguamdude
ive never ever even had a drag of a fag, so im not gunna start on illegal drugs, yeah i admit i drink underage, but not often, and it will only get u a fine, not a criminal record

Both of your posts amuse me.
I choose alcohol to be more fun and more dangerous. I personally feel that the consequences that result from irresponsible use of drugs or alcohol is directly related to the person who's doing it. I know people who drink and do it very responsibly, as well as people who ahve ruined their lives because of booze. Same can go for drugs, so I really don't like to place the blame on drugs or alcohol in bad situations, because you are your own person and you need to make your own decisions to be safe and responsible. I sound like a parent, but I just feel this way.
i agree with soadguitarfan

but still, law is law, and it should be obeyed to a 99.9% extent
I drink underage too, but i know when i have to stop, i dont exceed a certain amount of alcohol so i dont overdose.
Personally I would choose a beer over weed, not because I think weed is bad but it's just my preference. I think that marijuana gets an image that is not correct at all, and that it should be legalized. And marijuana like alcohol, is just as social plus you cant smoke too much like alcohol.
One Love

Quote by musicmyrock
To splinter26, that's what I think as well. I think that the age limit and illegalizing marijuana is causing even more crime then when it isn't. Anyways thanks guys, let's keep the discussion going.

In effect, lowering the age limit for drinking would just be 'giving in', if you want to call it, by the government. The age of 18 (at least in the UK, if we're talking about the US I'm completely with you) is a good age to restrict drinking to; if it were 16, without question there would be more antisocial behaviour, teenage pregnancies etc because children are just too irresponsible to deal with the effect of being drunk. Not to say every adult can handle it, far from it, just at the age of 18 and over we're more equipped to deal with being arseholes, cos let's face it, being drunk turnes you into a dick.

And yes, 16 year olds are children.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Definitely booze, this will be a close poll though. When you guys say weed isn't as bad for you, if you roll it with tobacco, as you do most often, you also get hooked on fags - so weed can be bad for you.

Drinking has more variation, too. Weed is samey.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Alcohol is way better.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
i agree with soadguitarfan, but alcohol lends itself to have more bad things happen than reefer. Plus weed is medicinal and relaxing.
what people dont realise tho, is that even a small amount of weed is enough to trigger off a mental illness, whether u get it now, or an 50years

alcohol doesnt do that, so people, DONT DO DRUGS, DRINK RESPONSIBLY
alcohol is bad mmmk, ya shouldnt drink alcohol, as for marajawana, marajawana is a drug, and drugs are bad mmmkay and if you smoke marajawana you are bad, mmkay that about sums it up
Especially in places where marijuana is man grown inside and not in places like Jamaica and California. What chemicals are added to that marijuana to grow, and dont they make it more dangerous
One Love

Quote by uraguamdude
what people dont realise tho, is that even a small amount of weed is enough to trigger off a mental illness, whether u get it now, or an 50years

alcohol doesnt do that, so people, DONT DO DRUGS, DRINK RESPONSIBLY

...Seriously, grow up, and get your facts straight.
Quote by freddaahh
Definitely booze, this will be a close poll though. When you guys say weed isn't as bad for you, if you roll it with tobacco, as you do most often, you also get hooked on fags - so weed can be bad for you.

Drinking has more variation, too. Weed is samey.

It could also eb argued he said only Marijuana and not Marijuana and Tobacco.

I never mix with Tobacco, its disgusting stuff.
Quote by ep1kz
wtf? why didnt you punch one of them in the face or something? they're not girls, they are fat chavs, they are their own gender
Quote by uraguamdude
Well id never do weed cuz im smart, and i wont drink exsessively all the time cuz im smart

but weed should be moved back up to class b or whatever it was

alcohol age for pubs should be put down to 16 cuz then there will be less kids standing on the streets cousing trouble

Having the age put down to 16 is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard. Last thing you need is immature 16 year olds going to bars. Yeah they won't be on the street but they will be after they get out of the bar.
i think that off liscence should be age of 21, cuz then its less likey to get into the hands of 14 and 16 year olds, but pubs brought down to 16, but with bar limits so they dont get completetly wankered
Quote by uraguamdude
i think that off liscence should be age of 21, cuz then its less likey to get into the hands of 14 and 16 year olds, but pubs brought down to 16, but with bar limits so they dont get completetly wankered

Yes that's completely reasonable and makes complete sense and isn't going to go wrong...

I tend to do both at the same time every time, but alcohol cos it's more sociable and I'm less likely to get arrested again
ohai little sig.
Quote by Noverion
because its illegal, and has led alot of my friends on to other things which has resulted in ****ing them up compeltely, and drinking can be good for you, as far as i know, like drinkinga bit everyweek, dunno why but yeah.

Marijuana is weed right, or have i grown up in stupidity?

If he isn't even 100% sure marijuana is weed, then he has no right to voice is opinion on this topic.

Marijuana is safer.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Yes that's completely reasonable and makes complete sense and isn't going to go wrong...

well its worth a go, cuz im pissed off, im 17 and most of my 14, 15, 16 year old friends get wasted on the street, and being in a pub is so much better than standing outside of the local spar, so if i can be with my more mature friends in a pub, not getting wasted, it would be a lot more enjoyable