Hey guys,

I've been looking for a delay for a while now and noticed these while browsing on the net, I was wondering of anyone had and hands on experience with them?

I'm looking for a clean/ high gain delay that would mostly be used for Tool.

Looks to be what I'm looking for, you know unless it can't do what I want XD.

Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
nice ambient sounding delay. if youre looking to get one delay pedal and be done, look elsewhere. the only reason i like it is because im a delay freak and i just get them all, just because.
I see. So it's no good for that kind of thing?

If that is the case you might be able to help me out.

What would you recomend for my sound? My gear is listed in my sig and I really just want it for Tool. I want somthing with atleast 800ms of delay, that is powered by battery and that has a good bypass, not to bothered if its digi or analog, whichever will give the better sound.

Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
anything that does 800ms is going to be a battery hog bro. something will give. if you can deal with the power supply thing, i can point you to some great stuff though.
Ah OK then, I'll sacrifice it. As long as it sounds good I'm not to fussed.

Recommend away :-).

Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
line 6 dl-4. you can add an expression pedal for those out there sounds and even get a keeley mod done to it later that makes it sound even better. stereo

boss dd-20. has pretty much the sheer amount of options as the line 6, but no upgrades. also a stereo pedal.

compare those to the features youre looking for and come on back to the thread. i can throw out some different ones if these dont rub you the right way and modify it to fit your budget etc.
Hey.
Thanks for the info. I prefer the DD-20 out of the 2, but I'm really looking for something simple that isn't going to affect the tone of my amp (true bypass would be nice). Something a little cheaper would be nice.

All I really want the delay for is Tool and a few other high gain bands so I't doesn't need to be as uber as the two of them. Which is why I was attracted to the Tech 21. Also, I could buy a rechargeable battery for the one pedal, or maybe get a onespot or daisy chain.

Thanks again :-).
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
Are you sure the echopark won't explode after 6 months? I have serious concerns about the reliability of Line 6 gear?

I have looked into the 7 series before aswell. I'm quite heavy footed... is it likely to break?
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
im 6 feet tall and wear a size 14, and im clumsy. that said, if youre worried you could always use a true bypass box for the switching. if not, just make sure you dont go kurt cobain on the pedals, other than that they hold up great.
Thanks man. You've been a big help.

Just out of interest, what is the best use for a Tech 21? What sounds can and can't it do?
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
tehjermie, have you tried the TC electronics NOVA delay, you can get some awesome ambience with it
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
^ guess you didnt see the holy stain thread, im all over the tc nova pedals. i like the 'verb more than the delay though.
Quote by guitaristclass
Thanks man. You've been a big help.

Just out of interest, what is the best use for a Tech 21? What sounds can and can't it do?

really ambient swampy gritty delays. pretty lo-fi.
Last edited by TehJermie at Nov 8, 2007,
Cool. I though 1 sec wasn't to bad for an analog delay.
So you have tried it with high gain and stuff then?

I'll do some more research into the DE7 too.

Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
they say 1000ms, but to me it sounds like less. the repeats give a really weird effect of there being less time(youd have to play it to know what i mean) and you can get muddy really quick using more than mid-gain.
im glad you like it. If i had the money when i was getting a delay, would have gotten it in a heartbeat. The analog and tape voicings are extremely well done, and the subdivision is really neat as well

Is the nova reverb very convingcing?
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
the nova reverb is sheer awesomeness. squeaky clean studio style reverbs. large ambient church and cavelike settings. to just plain weird epic reverbs. and it works with any instrument and doesnt destroy the qualities of them at all. very musical and sounds completely natural. the tweakability is great as well, yet non tweakers can still find where they need to be easily. i can think of one( ) digital reverb that directly competes. but its basically untouched in that realm. as you can tell, im in love.
that's awesome. I love when something is drowned in epic reverb. My fender's reverb is great for adding a little tone or for surf, but it gets a tad muddy for higher gain epic solos when it's cranked.
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
save your pennies my friend. its worth every cent. and its something youll definitely keep around awhile.
Quote by TehJermie
they say 1000ms, but to me it sounds like less. the repeats give a really weird effect of there being less time(youd have to play it to know what i mean) and you can get muddy really quick using more than mid-gain.

Ah right.

Apparently there are some issues with the foot switch on the DE7... I have a budget of about £100 maybe £120 if needs be (double them for US price). any thing else about?
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
the de-7 has been good to me, but if youre still worried.
try the line 6 out. the marshall echohead, or the ehx #1 echo.
Thanks man.

:-)

I was looking at the EHX a while ago, might have to see if i can find one again. The other two definatly wont be a problem to find.
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
#1 is great if you want a great sounding delay but you're on a budget and dont care about bells and whistles
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild