Ok, so I'm a boarder and if I'm being honest I'm not half bad I can noseslide, nosegrind, 360 kickflip etc. But the only thing is I don't know any good sponsors in England near Essex near London. Anyone know of some good sponsors near there, I've searched for ages but I had no success so I came to UG's infinate fountain of knowledge for advice.
C'mon....C'MOOOON...help a guy/girl/kermit the frog out....
You sure you'd get sponsorship..? 'Cos I can do those tricks too and I'm not good enough.. have you got a video?
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
If you want to get sponsored, you need to have complete balance when it comes to doing manuals and grinds, and you need ridiculous consistency. Find a way to separate yourself from other skaters.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
yeah but it's an hour long...i can't show you..i aint got a website and i hate myspace..UG is the only site for me...
you need to build up a "portfolio" of your work, ie decent photos done by decent photographers, ask local college students etc who are doing photography or w.e.

also get decent videos of you pushing the boundaries and doing new things. you wont get sponsored unless your different and really **** hot at what you do in comparison to your average skater
Gear:
Mesa Dual Rectifier
Mesa 4x12 Cab
Marshall 4x12 Cab

Gibson SG Standard + Bare KnucklePickups - Warpigs
Gould Les Paul + BKP's - Crawlers
See Through Acrylic Strat

Zakk Wylda Wah
Original Crybaby
Boss Flanger
Boss Phase Shifter
oh and its full of about a year's worth of stuff..i could ollie wen i was 12 and i kickflipped when i was 13 now its progressed quite fast..
You need to find something that you can do that drops jaws.

When I was younger, I first saw Rodney Mullen, and made some twists on some of his stuff. That's what did it for me.
Let the immature yanks be the ones that skate round for a career.

A better plan:

- Impress some slag with your skatey tricks.
- Recruit more slags
- Moooooooore slags, theres never enough slags!
- Be a pimp instead
- Walla! Problem solved, and you even used your "sick-skatzor skillz"!

Foolproof.
like try making up tricks and be able to do like every trick that you know(like filp tricks) and do them in switch,fakie,and nollie and yea do major jaw droping gaps and whatnot,im pretty sure gettin sponsored is pretty hard.wait itn't there like a local skateshop or w/e that sells boards try to see it they'll sponser you.
Quote by ddranthony92
like try making up tricks and be able to do like every trick that you know(like filp tricks) and do them in switch,fakie,and nollie and yea do major jaw droping gaps and whatnot,im pretty sure gettin sponsored is pretty hard.wait itn't there like a local skateshop or w/e that sells boards try to see it they'll sponser you.

Yeah, you definitely have to be able to do things in all four stances.
i can switch and fakie obviously but ive never actually tried nollies that much.... darn another goddam thing to break bones over lol.. so yeah... the skateshops in my area dont sponsor.. they're too proffesional etc. So I think I may have to wait until I own a property then move somewhere else and then see if there are sponsors close to wherever that is... I mean by that time I could be in my peak..im 16 now and in 5 or 6 years wen I own a property or rent whatever dont care I could be at my hype.
Quote by jakemac
i can switch and fakie obviously but ive never actually tried nollies that much.... darn another goddam thing to break bones over lol.. so yeah... the skateshops in my area dont sponsor.. they're too proffesional etc. So I think I may have to wait until I own a property then move somewhere else and then see if there are sponsors close to wherever that is... I mean by that time I could be in my peak..im 16 now and in 5 or 6 years wen I own a property or rent whatever dont care I could be at my hype.

But can you flip consistently and while going in switch? Make sure to practice everything, you really have to be dedicated.

Hours upon hours!!!

Dude, just go in and tell the damn shops, whats the point of you being elitist etc. Just sponsor me! Can you Tres Flip? learn to nollie tres, everyone loves a nollie tres off a ledge or sommit
Just try spread your name about, but in all honesty, there are so many skaters out there, you really have to be good to get noticed nowadays.
for me it eventually came down to guitar or skateboarding, it worked out to be guitar. I used to be capable of kickflips and such at about the height of 5,6 decks and good at skating switch as well.
I know a few friends that where really really good, but I think you should be able to do all the basic stuff - flips - grabs - and grinds, switch, at you maximum ollie height and quality as well as at any time.
There's a lot of people out there that can only do a kickflip when they're feeling right and not down a bank of more than a meter high. That won't work, you should be able to do it high - switch - with ease and at any place in any town.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
You kickflipped over 5 decks? How did you stack them? Just wheel on tape I presume, otherwise, no way.
Quote by Fishyesque
If you want to get sponsored, you need to have complete balance when it comes to doing manuals and grinds, and you need ridiculous consistency. Find a way to separate yourself from other skaters.

yep...consistency is where it's at...if you can always land those tricks or even better ones and never mess up then you can go try for a sponsor
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by Fishyesque
You kickflipped over 5 decks? How did you stack them? Just wheel on tape I presume, otherwise, no way.

No don't misinterpret, I'm a tall guy but I flipped at the height of those decks but every time I tried over them it just didn't work. We've tried it flipping next to them and it worked, I always seemed to have a sort of stage fright. The moment it's even remotely serious it failes. Eventually I got a new deck wich had very very rough grip and that's where I started going down and eventually not giving a damn anymore, thus quitting.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Ah, I see. I'm sorry that you quit, seems like you had some talent.
There was this dude at the last skate park I went to, he's probably sponsored, and he was pretty damn awesome, Kickflip Melon Hip transfers etc etc. he was only bout 17...I mean, and there were bout 3 other guys also trying **** like that, or example, Noseblunt tres flip noseblunts and stuff like that on the mini...so I dunno how far you wan't to go...but to go Pro you have to be nuts. and even getting sponsored seems ****in' hard enough for most...
Last edited by ze monsta at Nov 7, 2007,
Refine your footy down to about 3 minutes of your best stuff let us see it and we'll go from there......
Quote by Osiris77
Refine your footy down to about 3 minutes of your best stuff let us see it and we'll go from there......

+1

get some on youtube then PM a link!!!! and all you guys should join the skateboarding group.
Quote by Fishyesque

I used to be able to ollie 5 decks stacked truck in truck and heelflip 3 and I would'nt even have considered myself good as far as on a large scale of local skaters goes. Why, can't you believe someone could kickflip 5......
I was picturing wheel on wheel. Tis higher that way.
i basicly quit last good board i had was a shortys but the tal chipped really badly so i had to use a slipknot deck which i had for decoration which i have now and i dont skate that often i was sooo close to landing heelfilps,kickflips were hard,variel kickfilps were easy just didnt land every time.yea so basicly i suck(ed)
There is too much stuff to refine to 3 minutes...I'm gonna do 4 and then in about a few weeks ill have some youtube uploads and then I'll PM you guys a link.
Quote by jakemac
There is too much stuff to refine to 3 minutes...I'm gonna do 4 and then in about a few weeks ill have some youtube uploads and then I'll PM you guys a link.

Hurry up.

only kidding dude, i'll look forward to it you crazy ass muthafucka!