Page 1 of 2
Mom just brought it inside x] Gonna go unwrap, brb.

EDIT::

Double post fixed.

Rofl.

Disappointment.

I've got a line 6 spider III 75w, I was hoping to dump it today

She comes home with a spider III 15W for guitar club. =_=
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Last edited by Ishiga at Nov 7, 2007,
Nice..... Happy birthday by the way. Don't get anywhere near your kitchen knife my friend, you'll regret it for the next 10 years of you life.
yea i am worried that if i ever ask for gear they are gonna be clueless
Quote by kriscornella2@g
No. Argument if i hear fall out boy i get so angry i am more likely to kick someones ass than when i listen to iron maiden

Quote by GiantRaven
****ing Coheed freaks...

FREE WARPED TOUR TICKETS!!!
zune. i <3 my turd brown 30 gig.
Hah, your life is not good right now.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Hey if you don't want the spider tell them that it'll sound the same as your bigger amp and you wanted a 'variety' of sounds or something. Any way try not to get your parents mad/sad that they disappointed you lol.

luckily since my parents know that I would want specific gear that they don't kno the differences about they'll go gc with me to look at stuff.
yeah i make my own guitar gear desicions... i can only trust myself in that aspect.. because only i know whats best for my setup
Lol. Just my mom and she says if I dont like it we can take it back, we're gonna go eat in the area so I'm about to plug it in and try it out. :P
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by Ishiga
Lol. Just my mom and she says if I dont like it we can take it back, we're gonna go eat in the area so I'm about to plug it in and try it out. :P

Cool, if i were you, try and go for a tube combo! Unless you like the spider lol..
I told mom exactly what I wanted but she fell for the sales rep's clever pitch >_>
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
Ugh, I f*cking hate making my mom feel bad.

Gonna go, dinner time.

Later.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
Quote by Ishiga
I told mom exactly what I wanted but she fell for the sales rep's clever pitch >_>

i wrote down some strings and the guage i wanted ( Dean Markley 9's) and the sales rep told my mom what i wanted sucked, that 9's weren't good and he said and i quote " if he was smart he'd buy 11's", lmao, needless to say they don't get my business anymore
Give it a chance, it's better than an MG. Not too bad for bedroom level, if you can't get much else.

Aww, who am I trying to kid
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
Quote by Chad11491
i wrote down some strings and the guage i wanted ( Dean Markley 9's) and the sales rep told my mom what i wanted sucked, that 9's weren't good and he said and i quote " if he was smart he'd buy 11's", lmao, needless to say they don't get my business anymore

I don't have sh!t else around though and I'm freakin' broke, it's either GC or internet.

&&It's not that the spider is a bad practice amp, it's way better than the MG and I've heard MUCH worse.

It's just.

I already have a spider III 75W. I don't want another dustbucket.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
Well ask your mum if you can bring it back then...

Luckily for me, my dad plays guitar and basically if I wish for gear HE gets it, because he knows what to get (and if they won't have it he won't just fall for a sales rep anyway, since he's in advertising buisness).
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I haven't been so uninspired to play in a long time >_> Both my guitars are crap and falling apart and my amp is a freakin' line 6 spider III, now I have two of them.

I have $100 in front of me, the 15W spider I can take back sunday for $99, and that leaves me with what; $199? Aint gonna get sh!t for $200, too late to take the spider 75W back, I've had it for almost a year.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
well i guess i have smart parents, all my dad did for my bday was take me to GC, pay for guitar in budget range, and give me a ride back
XD
Well you could sell the 75 watt Spider used. You'd get about $300 for it I'd guess. 300+200=500

For $500 you can get a Peavey Valveking.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Just hold onto your cash and save up for a killer amp in the future? Sounds like the boring way, but you can get some nifty **** in the future. ^^
well buddy if you hate your Line 6 so much why dont you send it to me? I'm over here with a $60 Behringer and to me (since I'm broke) the Line 6 is an upgrade.
yea either sell the 75W or u can get the palomino *spellcheck* for 200, thats a tube amp
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
sales assistants are absolute fag's if they sense someone doesn't know anything. the folks in matchetts tried to tell my friend that "crybabies are the way forward" (as in the originals) when he was asking about the morley wahs. I overheard and gave that fellow hell. Why oh why make someone buy something worse that costs the exact same price? It makes no sense, they should lower the price of the crapper one slightly if they want to lure people in.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Believe it or not, I don't mind the tone of the line 6 75W. It's far from the best but half the recommendations I get on this site, imho suck. Shoot me but I'm a fan of playing stuff entirely composed of killer riffs using the E-A-D strings with scooped mids and as much gain as possible. That's just how the E-A-D strings shine.

Valve Jr's are good amps, no doubt. But gainwise, no. Not really cutting it. Thrash metal, metal in general, hard rock, alternative, and some hardcore. That's about as far as my playing style goes.

A $200 tube amp will never get me the gain I need to survive. >_>

&&FYI, I'm poor as hell. Sure I aint running some piece of crap behringer but I'm not running some donation service either >__>;

Nice try though. Good luck on getting a better amp in the very near future.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
Quote by Ishiga
I haven't been so uninspired to play in a long time >_> Both my guitars are crap and falling apart and my amp is a freakin' line 6 spider III, now I have two of them.

I have $100 in front of me, the 15W spider I can take back sunday for $99, and that leaves me with what; $199? Aint gonna get sh!t for $200, too late to take the spider 75W back, I've had it for almost a year.

Hmmm, $150 will get you an Epi VJ combo, which is a pretty decent little 5 watt tube amp (Check the forums for extremely positive reviews and a veritable cult following.). With the remaining $50, you could pick up a Bad Monkey overdrive. Depending on the kind of music you play, that could be a pretty decent little setup. Regardless of the kind of music you play, that would definitely be a major improvement over your Spider III.

Now this won't do anything about your crap guitars, but at least you'll have a decent amp setup (and you won't want any guitar that you can snag for $200).

EDIT: Sorry about that man; somehow I missed the last 4 or so comments (hadn't refreshed my browser for a few hours). With that said, though, you may want to try out the VJ in the store hooked up to a distortion or OD pedal. I'd be willing to bet you can crank out enough gain to where you would still highly prefer it to your current setup.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
Last edited by FourSticks17 at Nov 7, 2007,
Either way my gear is gonna be crap so I might as well just accept it and get used to it.

An Epiphone VJ won't cut it.

I like scooped mids && heavy distortion. VJ = vintage / classic rock sound. Even with an OD pedal I wont be able to pump out what I want from one of those.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
Thanks.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
Sorry man That sucks. You could always look into buying an Equalizer or Sonic Stomp to improve the tone of your Spider, until you get a better amp down the road. Or possibly, you could trade in both Spiders for a nice Vox Valvetronix (XL?).
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
quit whining dude
at least they didnt get you a MG :P
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Dude. An MG would handle better than a 15W spider III. The distortion sounds like a rubber band flapping back and forth with a card slapped in the middle of it.

&&I'm taking it back first chance I get and saving for a damn car.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
Quote by Silky Smooth
Take it back and exchange it for this
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-RP150-Multi-Effects-Pedal?sku=156606

Least you can use the 75watt still and get some better tones

Haha, Digitechs aren't that great at all.

My advice is to save up money. You might wanna look for a used 5150 on ebay or something. Those usually go for around 500 for a combo and they'll probably be perfect for your playing.
My Gear
Ibanez SR520EX with EMG 81/85 and boost
Peavey Valveking Head w/ Crate Blue Voodoo Cab
Peavey VB-2
Spector Euro 4
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
Digitech + Spider = godly tone. I like to call it; "Br00tal f33db4ck." It's so HxC, makes my ears bleed.

&&&Driving = job = money.

Guitar = me sucking = waste of money.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
Quote by Ishiga
Digitech + Spider = godly tone. I like to call it; "Br00tal f33db4ck." It's so HxC, makes my ears bleed.

&&&Driving = job = money.

Guitar = me sucking = waste of money.

Guitar = getting better over time = not wasting money...unless you quit..
Page 1 of 2