i have a Telecaster 72 Custom with a humbucker in the neck with a single coil in the bridge.. i think the bucker sounds a little muddy so i wanted to change it out with a p-90..but the bucker seems pretty big..how do i compensate for the space if i go with a bucker-sized p-90? do i need to drill holes? mounting rings? i'm sorry if it sounds stupid but don't really know much about replacing pups. Thanks

*not mine just a pic i got a sunburst finish one. just pointing out the bucker seems big, or is it just me?
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Last edited by marktuazon at Nov 7, 2007,
SD phatcat maybe, may well be completely wrong but i saw it somewhere and i think its the right size

although im well aware it may be something completley different
It's a normal-sized bucker. A P-94, Phat Cat, etc. should fit fine. The only problem you'll have is with the mounting holes possibly being different. Most humbuckers have one mounting hole on each side, not 2.
Hi, I'm Peter
A P=94 or Phat Cat-type thing would work. But u might wanna take the pickguard off and drill some mounting holes for it.
No, unless you can find one that's a direct 4-mounting hole replacement. You could probably also fabricate small plates that attach to the pickups to create the appropriate mounting holes, but that sounds like more of a hassle than it's worth.
Hi, I'm Peter
i'd rather do that than ruin my guitar..i liek it looks right now and dont want to mess with that, and i coulld change them again in the future (just saying).
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
I think it would fit, but if it doesnt you should go to a professional and ask em about it. See if they can doing anything to make sure it fits (thats if it doesnt fit, which it acutally should). I think the image of the P-90 just makes it look big, though in real life it would fit...

Good Luck!