Gibson is realsing a new guitar On Dec. 7th. No its no ordinary guitar. It is called the Gibson Robot. Go to Gibson.com and once your on the on the main page that says " lifesyle-----product" look at the top right corner and click on "Robot guitar" It's crazy!.
Quote by nasstyman
i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
Quote by 18zzz18
REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
Quote by RMC06
My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.
Last edited by MetallicGod07 at Nov 7, 2007,
Isn't this pretty much a combination between Gibsons auto-tuning system and the digital les Paul?

Really, with a good tuner and a Roland system, you'd probably be able to do anything this thing can.

I don't really get all the fuss about the auto tuners; how hard is it to tune a hardtail guitar?
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Nov 7, 2007,
Would be awesome in the hands of Robocop!
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
I dunno. But IT looks expensive.
Quote by nasstyman
Quote by 18zzz18
Quote by RMC06
Quote by mdsmith1
DUDE! i want want so bad... how much is it gonna be?
I dunno but I bet it expensive. want me to post a countdown on my account?
Quote by nasstyman
Quote by 18zzz18
Quote by RMC06
It looks pretty swish must be said...im sure it'll come with an equally lovely price tag though!
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
So it tunes itself? Great, they're going to add in $10 of parts and double the price. Good job Gibson.
Im gonna put a countdown clock on my profile for it realease date. I'll tell you guys in 5 min. be sure to go to my profile.
Quote by nasstyman
Quote by 18zzz18
Quote by RMC06
i like regular guitars
that arnt so high tech
that are meant to be played normally with all this **** gone

yay
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
that is awesome
i would love to have that guitar but
of course i can't because i'm one hundred
percent positive that it is out of my price range
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
ok i got the countdown timer on my profile. Look under my birthday countdown timer. thanks.
Quote by nasstyman
Quote by 18zzz18
Quote by RMC06
Quote by TJM2482
So it tunes itself? Great, they're going to add in $10 of parts and double the price. Good job Gibson.

actually indepent companies sell these systems now and they are quite expensive and complex (and ingenious). i am no fan of gibson by any means but i love the autotune idea, hopefully they can begin to make it more affordable (but probly not)
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
Wait so the self tuning guitar has barely been introduced and they're already raping the idea?

Damn at least with the original Les Paul it took many many years for them to rape the guitar for all it's worth.
for those of you who dont know, the autotune systems work using a midi pickup on the bridge like your typical midi or piezo pickup guitar. the pickup detects the pitch sending a signal through a wire that runs up the neck to motorized machineheads. they can be set for all different tunings etc etc. gibson is very smart for getting on this, this is the new trend.
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
Quote by hoondog
for those of you who dont know, the autotune systems work using a midi pickup on the bridge like your typical midi or piezo pickup guitar. the pickup detects the pitch sending a signal through a wire that runs up the neck to motorized machineheads. they can be set for all different tunings etc etc. gibson is very smart for getting on this, this is the new trend.

In a way, yes.

On the other hand, guitarists have been tuning their electric guitars since the Rickenbacker Frying pan and in all fairness, especially with a hardtail bridge and a digital tuner, how annoying is it?

You should expect a guitar with the price of a Les Paul Standard to stay in tune long enough to finish a song.

Also, how many times do you ever feel like switching tunings during a song? Sure, it's a fun feature, but does it really justify the costs? I feel most people who are going to get this guitar are going to rabidly switch tunings at first, only to realise they're not doing it because a song requires it, but simply because they can.

This guitar is a regular Les Paul, but with a few handy features like an intonation tool, but for this goes the exact same: how many people who buy a guitar with a massive pricetag, like this one, don't know how to set the intonation?

Like I said before, this is just a way of updating the Les Paul Digital up to a point where Gibson feels it has enough of an edge over the Fender VG strat.
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Nov 8, 2007,
This isn't the first autotune system there was another very similar idea around a few years ago. But it will be interesting to see how it works.
It's bollocks:

1) Anybody who can afford it would probably be a good enough guitarist to tune anyway
2) There are 7-strings and specialized guitars and pickups for drop tunings, you can get multiples of these cheaper and they probably will sound better detuned
3) Anybody who buys a guitar for a gimmick like this is gonna be getting ripped off royally.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I reserved mine at Guitar Center yesterday. Can't wait to pick it up next week.
Quote by floyd1090
lucky. You must have alot of cash.
Quote by nasstyman
Quote by 18zzz18
Quote by RMC06
Nah I go to school and just have a part time job. I bought it more as an investment but its also going to make playing shows alot easier.
Quote by floyd1090
Nah I go to school and just have a part time job. I bought it more as an investment but its also going to make playing shows alot easier.

If you mean investment in the true sence of the word, as in: "something to make money with". This guitar might not be a top choice given that it's so odd. If you really want to invest in guitars (which I wouldn't recommend) you should look at vintage and limited or special editions, preferably signature models and reissues.

Also, if you want to sell it with a profit, using it for shows is out of the question, since it will damage resale value.
Quote by MetallicGod07
I dunno but I bet it expensive. want me to post a countdown on my account?

Between 1000 and 1500 dollar
It's 1300 euro here in holland

So a very cheap gibson guitar in terms of speaking
Quote by floyd1090

So, you've reserved a guitar that you've never played or seen??

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
My bad i was like 3 days after you
Manchester United
Last edited by Shabalaba at Dec 1, 2007,
Quote by Shabalaba
Dude ive made one of these threads
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=711455

Like 5 other people have done it, use a search bar before you post
Dude i was the first one in the whole world on UG to post about the Gibson robot.......
Quote by nasstyman
Quote by 18zzz18
Quote by RMC06
if ur familiar with the hdx.6 pro' the robot won't have as good of sound as it because they dropped the hex pickups which get completeley different signals from ea string though the bridge in this does that it's still not going to be as good because it won't have the breakout box and the signals not ethernet and i could go on and on my estimate is that this be priced at 3k but you'd be better off just to get the digital lp.
The Gibson Robot Guitar is $3500, personally i see no point in it, In a few years time we will get kids who can shred yet not tune xD
/CENTER]
ts, i truly believe that you and all the other one every hour "OH WOWS GIBSON TUNING THING!!!!!!" are sent directly from gibson to come spam our forums and i would appreciate it if you would kindly gtfo.
Quote by pl0x
The Gibson Robot Guitar is $3500, personally i see no point in it, In a few years time we will get kids who can shred yet not tune xD

Now that's just a fucking ripoff. I can get two custom made Carvins for that price.
Now that's just a fucking ripoff. I can get two custom made Carvins for that price.

Well, according to Gibson the MSRP of the limited run is 2499, so it's still expensive, but not that expensive.

Also, in 2008 they will release the regular production models (which are most likely exactly the same) for what is probably going to be a lower price.

They did the same thing with the BFG; the first 50 or so were limited editions (not very popular ones I might add, GC has one for ages now and no one has bought it yet) and then they came out with the regular models.

I really don't get Gibson or their marketing team; they come up with some increasingly terrible ads, again the BFG being no exception.

Quote by pl0x

I don't really see that happening. At all.

This is still a very expensive guitar and by no means a beginner instrument. Also, most people who actually know how to play have learned to tune somewhere down the line.

Besides, the same thing can be said about electronic tuners, yet they have proven to be a great tool.

I'm not trying to defend the Gibson, but saying that some accomplished players won't be able to tune their instrument in a few years is a bit exaggerated.

By the way, I just checked the instructional video for this guitar and one thing came to mind: how on earth are you supposed to read the small LEDs on the master control knob with the guitar hanging around your shoulder on stage?

They're pretty damn small and telling which colour they are is important, but might not be possible on a poorly lit stage.

Also, the intonation feature seems pretty pointless. It simply tells you how many times you have to turn the screw connected to the saddle; a digital tuner doesn't make it much more difficult.
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Dec 1, 2007,
is this the downfall of guitars have people become so god damn lazy they cant tune their own strings, its just another gimmick so people will go blow a few grand on a new guitar
Quote by pb199
is this the downfall of guitars have people become so god damn lazy they cant tune their own strings, its just another gimmick so people will go blow a few grand on a new guitar

The latter.

I don't think Gibson is specifically catering to the requests of lazy guitarists the world over who can't even be arsed to tune a guitar with a hardtail bridge; at least, I hope they're not.l