well im getting a new guitar around christmas time and i want to make sure i buy the right guitar...wich i thought would be a c-1 hellraiser fr. but a few minites ago i ran into this jackson
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DKMG-Dinky?sku=512231

since i am having a problem making up my mind i decided to strech my budget to $800

i have a b-52 all tube guitar amp, and it is amazing, so i do not need a new amp or pedals.

looking for a guitar with the kind of body the jackson and schecter has, a FR LFR or OFR idc its my first FR guitar, 24 frets (perferably jumbo), and it has to be sexy.

i play lots of metal, some rock, and some blues

plz help me make the best decision possible, thx in advance
Why do i always see these threads?
Quote by akack
We beat you 6-0 you stupid mother ****er.

"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society"
Quote by david1991
Schecter is crap, jackson is great.

actually no its not true, just sometimes, or maybe 1/3 of the time with schecter i have a hellraiser c-1 (not fr) and i love it and everyone i no who plays guitar says its awesome. just some schecters are not too greatly engineered.

for this it depends on the bodywood cuz there very similar, the hellraiser is maple body, the jackson is alder(lighter), u should try them out at a shop if possible or any comparsion between maple, and alder. just see.
PSN: KevGuy47
------▓▓▓▓▓
----▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
----▒▒▒░░
--░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒
------░░░░░░░
----▒▒▒▒▒
--▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒
░░▓▓░░
░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
----▓▓▓----▓▓▓
--▒▒▒--------▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒--------▒▒▒▒
It's really just preference on guitar. Both are great brands (even though I side with Schecter, im not going to say anything bad about Jackson since im not that expirenced with them as I would like to be). It's really what you want, what sound you prefer etc.

The question is:

Have you heard clips of both guitars?
For what its worth, I think the quality of the Jackson is higher then that of the Schecter. The Schecter felt cheap to me.
I'd take a Schecter over a Jackson any day of the week, they just feel so much better to me in general. Have you played either? If not you really should try to play both of them and decide for yourself.
Quote by Kevguy47
actually no its not true, just sometimes, or maybe 1/3 of the time with schecter i have a hellraiser c-1 (not fr) and i love it and everyone i no who plays guitar says its awesome. just some schecters are not too greatly engineered.

for this it depends on the bodywood cuz there very similar, the hellraiser is maple body, the jackson is alder(lighter), u should try them out at a shop if possible or any comparsion between maple, and alder. just see.

Actually, the Schecter has a mahogany body.

Mahogany > Alder.

Get the Schecter.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
i've played both extensively

i think the jackson's combo of alder and EMG's are perfect for that style, i really dug the sound i got when i played it through a marshal JCM halfstack, was very nice.

the schecter tended to get a tad bit muddy on the extreme lower register, but had a better feel, and playability and look to me, but that's all opinion, i would go with the schecter, because you could always change out the pickups, which i would have done anyway because i don't like EMG's too much
The 3 people I know with schecters ALWAYS have issues with them. I think they look nice and super slick but through the surface I don't believe your getting much for your money.. thats just my opinion though.

Jackson I wouldnt rate much higher though id go for a jackson over a schecter. If its a USA jackson then yes you're getting a far better instrument overall.
the guitarist for my band actually sold a black jackson of the same model today but in trans black with string thru body for 400 bucks
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Quote by DreamFactory
It's really just preference on guitar. Both are great brands (even though I side with Schecter, im not going to say anything bad about Jackson since im not that expirenced with them as I would like to be). It's really what you want, what sound you prefer etc.

The question is:

Have you heard clips of both guitars?

if you do, pick your favourite and then try and find out what amp was used to record the clip and buy that instead

both are probably close enough to each other quality wise for one not to be significantly better than the other... BUT they both feel completely different so make sure you actually play both of them, exact models if possible if not a jackson and a schecter so you can get an idea about what each guitar feels like to play.

personally i would take the jackson easily over the schecter but then again you may not agree so its up to you

EDIT:
Quote by MurderWorship
Actually, the Schecter has a mahogany body.

Mahogany > Alder.

Get the Schecter.

That's Bull****
Last edited by Diamond Dave at Nov 8, 2007,
Yeah you can't go by sound clips, the amp the room it was recorded in everything makes a big difference. The only way to really be satisfied is playing the guitar in your own home through your own rig where you usually play.
Quote by MurderWorship
Mahogany > Alder.

What a load of crap. Have you ever heard of preference?
well, ive only played the hellraiser w/o the fr but thats no big deal
it wasnt heavy but the neck seemed a little big for my tastes, but other than that it was awesum
but theres no way i can get my hands on the jackson because no one in the area is a jackon dealer
the only possible difference would be the wood and playability because they have the same pickups

any more opinions?
see the thing about schecter is the mood of the poor asian boy making it... if he hasnt been whipped enough hell be lazy and say **** it but if hes whipped to much hes to weak

or hell maybe the 3 cents a day isnt incentive enough to make us happy... damn chinks...
Ignore the fanboys. If you like skinnier necks, try Jacksons. If you want a thicker heavier guitar (with appropriate sound and a lower price) then go Schecter. Ultimately, it's your preference.
Dude why do you have to put in racial stuff like that man...Thats uncalled for...
Quote by Kanthras
What a load of crap. Have you ever heard of preference?

Yes, and I gave him mine.
Gear:

I think the Jackson would be better for a beginner because of the skinnier neck, I own a DK2 Pro and love it. But I'm planning on picking up a 7 string hardtail Schecter for riffing at some point.
schecter. EMGs> Duncan Designed
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
Quote by MurderWorship
Yes, and I gave him mine.

No, you stated it as a hard fact
Quote by zanz1bar
schecter. EMGs> Duncan Designed

People need to research.... It has real Seymour Duncans in it.
Quote by berysLTD_h-50
well, ive only played the hellraiser w/o the fr but thats no big deal
it wasnt heavy but the neck seemed a little big for my tastes, but other than that it was awesum
but theres no way i can get my hands on the jackson because no one in the area is a jackon dealer
the only possible difference would be the wood and playability because they have the same pickups

any more opinions?

schecters set thru ( looks and feels like a neck-thru ), has an OFR and looks better.

also yeah the necks are fatter than ibanez and jackson but i like that... also id recomend a loomis if you were into sevens because its got a jackson compareable neck.

Quote by meonme
see the thing about schecter is the mood of the poor asian boy making it... if he hasnt been whipped enough hell be lazy and say **** it but if hes whipped to much hes to weak

or hell maybe the 3 cents a day isnt incentive enough to make us happy... damn chinks...

all the schecters are set up, wired and finished in the US.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Both guitars are excellent, so it depends entirely on preference. Hating on either of these guitars is just plain stupid.

I personally tend more toward the Hellraiser, since I like how the heavier body sounds with those EMGs. However, other could well prefer duncans and a slightly lighter body. As for the necks, the jackson neck is a bit thinner. This is fine if you like thin necks. For me, I prefer a slightly larger neck, it just fits my hand better.

Get the guitar that suits you best.
WTLTL 2011
Why are you people talking about Duncans? Both guitars have a set of EMG 81/85's. I would say go for the Jackson, but that's just my opinion. I like thinner necks and I just plain love the feel of any Jackson. Schecter is also a great company. Either would be an awesome choice just get the one that feels right to you.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
ok man well first off david is a douchebag, and i dont care if i get banned for saying so but ive owned a jackson dinky and i own a schecter c1 elite and i love my schecter to death it can take anything i throw at it. when i had my jackson it the bridge was always messin up and it was really hard to keep it in tune after using the whammy bar so i would say go with schecter man
pack the wound with salt i want to feel it bleed
but then aqgaqin its all about what you like man nobody can tell you what to get all we can do is give our opinions
pack the wound with salt i want to feel it bleed
Quote by Kanthras
No, you stated it as a hard fact

Yes, because I am the only person in this thread, nay, the history of the UG electric guitar forum to do so.
Gear:

Quote by MurderWorship
Yes, because I am the only person in this thread, nay, the history of the UG electric guitar forum to do so.

Not really, but you're all wrong! Gotta start cleaning up forums somewhere.
I own the Hellraiser myself (non-fr) because that's what was most comfortable to me. I've tried comparible Jacksons (as well as other makes). It's all in what the player prefers and what they're comfortable with in terms of playability and features.

In my own opinion, if I were to go strictly with the specifications of each guitar, I'd still edge more toward the Schecter as I hear many complaints about LFRs in comparison to OFRs in terms of stability and durability.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by CJRocker
People need to research.... It has real Seymour Duncans in it.

they both have EMG 81/85s in them...X_______X