ok, I was talking to my mom and for Christmas I can get the Epiphone Toni Iommi G-400 Signature, and I was talking to a friend today and he told me not to do it because it's an Epiphone, but I was looking at the reviews on the Guitar Center website, http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Tony-Iommi-Signature-G-400-Electric-Guitar-518555-i1150074.gc and the reviews say it's great, and one person even says it's better then the Gibson SG standards.

Now, should I listen to my friend, or should I listen to the people on the guitar center website, also express your opinions on here, so I can get more opinions.
Dont listen to people in school about guitars, or you'll end up getting 15 Squier Bullets and putting stickers on them.

The Iommi sig is supposed to be VERY GOOD. Go for it.
Quote by TJM2482
Dont listen to people in school about guitars, or you'll end up getting 15 Squier Bullets and putting stickers on them.

oh ok, well, the kid I was talking to has been playing for 9 years, and he said his friend owned a Epiphone G-400 once and it sucked, thats why he told me not to do it, and I did explain to him what the guitar was and he still said no, but I'm not going to listen to him, I'll go for it.
Yeah, i second what TJM2482 said. I have only heard great things about the Iommi SG.
Be cool.
Quote by eltyr18
oh ok, well, the kid I was talking to has been playing for 9 years, and he said his friend owned a Epiphone G-400 once and it sucked, thats why he told me not to do it, and I did explain to him what the guitar was and he still said no, but I'm not going to listen to him, I'll go for it.

That doesn't necessarily mean he is educated when it comes to gear.
Be cool.
Quote by TJM2482

lol

yeah i heard it was mad good your friend just has a thing against epiphones
my friend has a thing against schecters, and alost everything dime didnt use...X_____X

go for the epi looks good and i hear it is a mad good guitar
I haven't tried the Iommi Sig, but I do have an Epiphone SG and Les Paul, and as far as I am concerned they are the cat's ass. Huge bang for your buck out of them. Neither one of them have ever let me down.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
****ing idiots. I don't see how any idiot can say a whole company sucks. Epiphone's great quality models for the money include the Iommi Signature SG, Elitist Series in its entirety, LP Standards aren't bad either. Go for it, but try it out first.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Yeah... but aren't sigs like... unnessecarily expensive?
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Go epi seriously, especially the Iommi sig, Epiphones sound fine (however I don't like the feel of the Les Pauls) don't listen to anyone who says any guitar brand are bad cos usually (unless its one of the dodgy brands that have "solid wood" under the specs) they're just saying that.
Quote by Fryer Mike

it's only $500 look at the link, and I also persuaded my mom to get an Epiphone hard case for it too, if I go for it which I most likely will
yea epiphones are good ive played a couple sgs and some les pauls and they are pretty good
SHOWBREAD

Quote by cheese_weasel
Winner of the intellectual comment of the day award.
My friend has an Epi G-400. Nothing wrong with it at all, Epi's are just fine if you can get past the slightly sticky necks. This one has a different neck style though, the Iommi sig looks pretty kickass. Try it first, then go for it.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
The Toni Iommi G-400 is awesome. I do not have one but a friend does and I love playing it when ever I am there. The Gibson pick up they use scream. I really like the sound. I never played the Gibson one, hell I never even saw it. I think they discontinued it a few years ago. The Epi does have Gibson USA Tony Iommi pups in it so I am sure they must be very close to the same sound as his Sig Gibson. I looked up the pups The pups alone go for $170.00 ea!
Quote by johnro6659
The Toni Iommi G-400 is awesome. I do not have one but a friend does and I love playing it when ever I am there. The Gibson pick up they use scream. I really like the sound. I never played the Gibson one, hell I never even saw it. I think they discontinued it a few years ago. The Epi does have Gibson USA Tony Iommi pups in it so I am sure they must be very close to the same sound as his Sig Gibson. I looked up the pups The pups alone go for $170.00 ea!

wow, then the guitar alone w/o the pups is $330 and he has a Sig Gibson? I only found a sig epiphone.
Quote by Fryer Mike

He's not paying for it himself, so who cares?

I have a Epi G-400 and it's amazing. I'm sure the signature one is even better.
It'll be fine. Epiphones aren't that bad at all.
My Gear
Ibanez SR520EX with EMG 81/85 and boost
Peavey Valveking Head w/ Crate Blue Voodoo Cab
Peavey VB-2
Spector Euro 4
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
Quote by Red989
It'll be fine. Epiphones aren't that bad at all.

yea, I see you have one according to your signature.

Which the people who do have it, how do they handle?
G400's are the shiznit lol, But really i think they are the best values out of the epi's and the Iommi one should be awesome. I read that its mostly good for black sabbath tho, but it should still be able to do other stuff even if its more suited towards that type of music.
low end epiiphones, like the studios and G-400's are fine intermediate guitars.

there are other guitars in this price range that might give you a bit more for the money.
but they arent junk, they are priced ok for what you get.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I like my Epiphones, thank you.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by yoyodunno
G400's are the shiznit lol, But really i think they are the best values out of the epi's and the Iommi one should be awesome. I read that its mostly good for black sabbath tho, but it should still be able to do other stuff even if its more suited towards that type of music.

oh, well, I play alot of stuff, but I'll check it out first before I buy it.
Epi > Gibson. In fact... most guitar companies > Gibson.

Satan's asshole > Gibson.

If you can't tell, I hate Gibsons with a passion. But Epi's are amazing, especially for the price.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I would highly recommend you to try it out instore or something. Even trying out the G400 would be handy, so you would get an idea of the feel and construction of the SG body.

What music styles do you play? Are you going to order in from the internet?
i had forgotten about that sig. Its very nice, good pick ups, nice neck..and metal colour lol. Iommi invented heavy metal. tats all you need to know
Quote by jj1565
low end epiiphones, like the studios and G-400's are fine intermediate guitars.

there are other guitars in this price range that might give you a bit more for the money.
but they arent junk, they are priced ok for what you get.

+1

My first electric was a G400, and it was pretty mediocre. Not a bad guitar, but there are lot of guitars that I'd buy instead if I could go back in time.

I'd say the same for the Iommi.

Don't pay much attention to most reviews on the internet (including the ones on UG) for lower end gear. People just get excited about having new stuff and right glowing reviews for everything.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by Mwoit
I would highly recommend you to try it out instore or something. Even trying out the G400 would be handy, so you would get an idea of the feel and construction of the SG body.

What music styles do you play? Are you going to order in from the internet?

I play a bunch of styles, mostly anything rock you name it I probably play it, and we are going to see if a guitar center has the guitar first, then if it doesn't then we are going to order it online.
itsn ot a bad guitar at all
the only thing that bugs me is the inlays, they need to be like the real iommi models!

it plays, sounds and feels great though (ive played a few)
the pups are VERY hot though, so be careful if you like your cleans!