I'm going to buy a Schecter C-1 FR, and I'm way psyched, it has all of my dream equipment, but, the headstock doesn't look how I want it to, I want a headstock like a reversed Jackson, and in an extended scale, is there anyway to mod the stock neck to have those?
Well the headstock wont change the scale. If you want it like a jackson then buy a jackson neck and bolt it on.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
no, you can't change the scale without moving either the bridge or pickups.
you could get a same scale neck, supposing that it's bolt-on.
Idk about a strait headstock change, but i think it would be alot of delecate work...
^ Whole new neck. You might have to move the bridge, and the pickups.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Alright, is there a good place to try to buy Jackson necks? I'm kinda needy, never customized before, but, I'm planning on buying a Jackson neck, hopefully in the same specs as the Hellraiser's neck, but extended scale.
Quote by mrmarc772
no, you can't change the scale without moving either the bridge or pickups.
you could get a same scale neck, supposing that it's bolt-on.
Idk about a strait headstock change, but i think it would be alot of delecate work...

Can't change? why not? ooh cause the intonation would be off?

AND I wasn't implying that changing the neck would change the scale. I said to get the headstock to look like a jackson you'd do that.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
^ The shape of the headstock has nothing to do with the guitar's scale... I can't for the life of me figure out what you're talking about.

Aren't all the C-1s set-neck? You'll have an extremely hard time swapping the neck around. We're talking a major procedure here, and it'll require careful chiseling/routing, refinishing around the neck, etc. Definitely not worth the trouble.

If it's that important to you to have a C-1 with a Jackson headstock, you could grab a carved top Soloist body (because it's somewhat similar to the C-1 shape/carve) and a Jackson-style neck from Warmoth.
Last edited by Pikka Bird at Nov 7, 2007,
Ya... if you want a jackson type headstock get a jackson, sorry buddy.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
I've picked out a neck and everything on warmoth, and I'm really wanting to put it on a Hellraiser, just because that'd look sweet, and it's something no one has ever done and then used it professionally, are there shops that will customize guitars?
Read two posts up- I already explained just how much hassle it's gonna be.

If there are shops that'll do it, they'd have to be damned desperate to take on such a project.
Quote by idahoimmortal
I've picked out a neck and everything on warmoth, and I'm really wanting to put it on a Hellraiser, just because that'd look sweet, and it's something no one has ever done and then used it professionally, are there shops that will customize guitars?

There are shops that MIGHT do it, but you'll end up paying as much for the neck conversion as you will for the guitar itself.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Yeah, you can't just take out the old neck and plunk in a new one..
Just get a Jackson or something from Warmoth. It'll probably be even cheaper that way.
Quote by Øttər
Can't change? why not? ooh cause the intonation would be off?

AND I wasn't implying that changing the neck would change the scale. I said to get the headstock to look like a jackson you'd do that.

egh... if i was talking to you i would have quoted you or ^'d... i was addressing the ts post.