ok so i got a huge written project due in like a week, and suddenly i open Word to put in the last bit of information and it ****s up on me. I can click on individual lines of text, but i cant write anywhere. If I have to write an entire report on Maya Angelou again i'm hurting someone, namely my sister.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
If you can select it, you can copy/paste it.

That said, you can make a new, uncorrupted file and work from it.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

open a fresh word doc and cut and paste the content of this one onto the new one. then finish up....
Arsenal:

80's Gibson LP Studio
77' Ibanez Artist
Marshall JCM2000 DSL
Boss Metal Zone
MXR Phase Shifter
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Digitech Whammy
D'oh!
Arsenal:

80's Gibson LP Studio
77' Ibanez Artist
Marshall JCM2000 DSL
Boss Metal Zone
MXR Phase Shifter
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Digitech Whammy
Don't really know whaqt could have caused this but maybe you can just copy and paste the whole report into a new document. Failing that you may try to reinstall Word or try a repair of Word through add-remove programs. If that doesn't work you can try OpenOffice

Good Luck,

John
“Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.”
You can't copy-paste.

That's good. But you can view it right? If worse comes to worse, you can just re-type it. It's not like your file vanished into the Techno-Abyss.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

This ****ing sucks.... looks like I'm re-writing 3 pages worth of biography.... ****!!!

edit:thx anyway
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
You think 3 pages is huge lol.

Wait until you get to uni and start 10,000+ word dissertations.

Check it isn't set as read-only.
I had this happen when my free trial of Office ran out. That could be the problem.

(Or maybe it wanted me to register or something, I don't remember.)
Quote by I floss daily
I had this happen when my free trial of Office ran out. That could be the problem.

(Or maybe it wanted me to register or something, I don't remember.)

actually thats exactly wat i think happened.. It kept telling me to enter some code. Word came with the computer so i just skipped the code part
Quote by Noyon999

Quote by Chikitty_China
actually thats exactly wat i think happened.. It kept telling me to enter some code. Word came with the computer so i just skipped the code part

Try opening the file in someone else's copy of Word, I guess?

(I think that's what I did.)
Quote by I floss daily
Try opening the file in someone else's copy of Word, I guess?

(I think that's what I did.)

Definitely. Either e-mail the file to somebody who has Word or save it on a thumb/flash/jump drive.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa