i just got my emg 81/85's in the mail today, but i dont wanna spend $50 to get em put in, does someone have a detailed website of instructions i can use? i really need the help and quick, and any advice will help, I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THIS
digitech death metal for sale, $35, marshal mg100hdfx=$250 obo
that's just trouble waiting to happen imo, if you can solder and read a wire diagram then you should be ok. however it'd be best to take it in
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
don't bother if you're not confident you can do it yourself.

I can get a single EMG in without trouble, but for some reason I can't get two going. I'm not enlightened to wiring diagrams though.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
I wouldn't try to install em; not the best idea unless you've done it before. I would go to some guy that has expirence in doing it, and ask for a lower price. And if you can't...well at least you know that the 50$ didn't go to waste. It went to your guitar.

Good Luck!
ok i was starting to install them myself, but there is a major problem, the volume and tone controls are connected and need to stay that way, but the volume and tone slots on my guitar are too far away for them to both reach, and i need about another inch for it to fit

here is my guitar

and the volume and tone knobs
Aren't there wires for that kind of thing already in the guitar???

You don't "connect the volume and tone controls" together, or to the pickups BEFORE installation, you just take out the old pots and put the new ones in their place using the same wires...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
DUUUDE try this go onto the gibson les paul one and it shows you how to change humbuckers there is also diagram under the surport heading for passive AND actives and changeing them out isnt really and biggy just calm down and follow this video :-)
Quote by Ichimaru
Pics? I can tell if someone has AIDS just by looking.

Quote by xHuffyx
BTW, what's metal and full of holes?

Dimebag Darrell.
Things that are soldered together can be unsoldered. Just put a longer ground wire between the pots and add a little piece to the cap. I like to put a piece of shrink tube on each end of the cap so you dont have to worry about the bare wire touching anything they shouldnt. It isnt that complicated to do just apply a little common sense.